[pre-release] macOS Ventura

3,556 posts in this topic

36 minutes ago, Stefanalmare said:

I have a bad feeling about this.

Don't want to spread my misplaced thoughts or scare monger, I hope this is not the beginning of Apple's lockout of non install on equipment other than Apple. :cry:

• Sad 3

18 hours ago, PMheart said:

Hello,

https://github.com/acidanthera/WhateverGreen/pull/101 is now merged into WhateverGreen master branch. For Skylake graphics users this means that you can now switch back to the master branch, or wait for our 2022.07 release in which the spoofing support will be included.

PMheart

Thanks @PMheart, @dhinakg and the Opencore developers for your efforts to enable Ventura for Skylake owners 😀.

I had a smooth installation of Ventura Beta 2 on my Skylake NUC6i5SYH (clean install Beta1, then OTA delta update to Beta2).

Summary
1.  Downloaded the latest OC 0.8.2, Lilu, Whatevergreen and AppleALC kexts from Dortania Builds website

2. Changed my unsupported iMac17,1 SMBIOS in OC config.plist to the supported iMac18,1 model
3. Changed the graphics frame buffer and device-id in config.plist/DeviceProperties from Skylake to corresponding Kabylake ones (process of trial and error.  Can also change framebuffer using boot argument igfxframe=**********).  Refer https://github.com/acidanthera/WhateverGreen/blob/master/Manual/FAQ.IntelHD.en.md

Eg Changed from
Skylake Iris 540 Framebuffer 0x19260000 to Kabylake Iris 640 Framebuffer 0x59260000 (00002659 in config.plist since this requires bytes to be reversed)
Skylake device-id 0x1926 to Kabylake device-id 0x5926 (26590000 in config.plist)

4. Added boot arg -igfxsklaskbl to enable Skylake processor to load and use Kabylake graphics kexts
5. Tested whether the frame buffer setting worked in Big Sur and Monterey before attempting the Ventura installation.  Can check Kabylake kexts are loading by running the following command in terminal…

kextstat | grep Intel

Note:  Before using the new SMBIOS settings, it is a good idea to log out of all your Apple services (iCloud, iMessage, FaceTime, Appstore etc) under your old SMBIOS.  You can then re login to the Apple services on your “new” machine/SMBIOS.

6.  Installed Ventura on a blank partition on external USB3 HDD by running the installer app directly while booted into my Monterey partition.  End results…

Spoiler

2092763393_VenturaBeta1_22A5266ronNUC6i5SYH.thumb.png.d31d8b1fe9343808562f980321c80353.png427409762_VenturaBeta2_22A5286jonNUC6i5SYH.thumb.png.9c84667db9eb66676853711f1a78bda5.png

Attached EFI with config.plist and kexts ...EFI_NUC6i5SYH.zip

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Guest ricoc90
13 minutes ago, eSaF said:

Don't want to spread my misplaced thoughts or scare monger, I hope this is not the beginning of Apple's lockout of non install on equipment other than Apple. :cry:

I remember seeing reports of the exact same behavior happening on genuine Macs with fresh installations of Monterey. Sadly I have no clue of what's causing that nor on how to solve it. :(

40 minutes ago, fusion71au said:

Thanks @PMheart, @dhinakg and the Opencore developers for your efforts to enable Ventura for Skylake owners 😀.

I had a smooth installation of Ventura Beta 2 on my Skylake NUC6i5SYH (clean install Beta1, then OTA delta update to Beta2).

Summary
1.  Downloaded the latest OC 0.8.2, Lilu, Whatevergreen and AppleALC kexts from Dortania Builds website

2. Changed my unsupported iMac17,1 SMBIOS in OC config.plist to the supported iMac18,1 model
3. Changed the graphics frame buffer and device-id in config.plist/DeviceProperties from Skylake to corresponding Kabylake ones (process of trial and error.  Can also change framebuffer using boot argument igfxframe=**********).  Refer https://github.com/acidanthera/WhateverGreen/blob/master/Manual/FAQ.IntelHD.en.md

Eg Changed from
Skylake Iris 540 Framebuffer 0x19260000 to Kabylake Iris 640 Framebuffer 0x59260000 (00002659 in config.plist since this requires bytes to be reversed)
Skylake device-id 0x1926 to Kabylake device-id 0x5926 (26590000 in config.plist)

4. Added boot arg -igfxsklaskbl to enable Skylake processor to load and use Kabylake graphics kexts
5. Tested whether the frame buffer setting worked in Big Sur and Monterey before attempting the Ventura installation.  Can check Kabylake kexts are loading by running the following command in terminal…

kextstat | grep Intel

Note:  Before using the new SMBIOS settings, it is a good idea to log out of all your Apple services (iCloud, iMessage, FaceTime, Appstore etc) under your old SMBIOS.  You can then re login to the Apple services on your “new” machine/SMBIOS.

6.  Installed Ventura on a blank partition on external USB3 HDD by running the installer app directly while booted into my Monterey partition.  End results…

Reveal hidden contents

2092763393_VenturaBeta1_22A5266ronNUC6i5SYH.thumb.png.d31d8b1fe9343808562f980321c80353.png427409762_VenturaBeta2_22A5286jonNUC6i5SYH.thumb.png.9c84667db9eb66676853711f1a78bda5.png

Attached EFI with config.plist and kexts ...EFI_NUC6i5SYH.zip

I have Intel NUC but mine is a i3SYH. Btw for the wireless kext, you are using AirportItlwm.kext for Ventura or using the one for Monterey? Understand that AirportItlwm.kext for Ventura is still in the alpha stage. 

I am using a similar approach as yours. Thanks. 

Ventura Beta 2 ( 22A5286J )-installed successfully!-thanks to all the Devs (Open Core and Administrative team here in InsanelyMac) and all you guys here

image.png.a94d04bdf41a055b9db0cb4edc860184.pngimage.png.1db122d1cc1d6267771515415e5446fd.png

Build 1: iMac20,2, i5-9400F, Samsung 16GB DDR4 RAM, MSI Z390 Gaming Plus , Radeon RX580 8GB, OC 0.8.2

Edited by ndungu6678
  • Like 3

With Beta 2 I'm facing sleep issues.

Pmset -g shows "sleep prevented by runningboardd" ad my laptop never goes to sleep.

This never happened in beta 1 or Monterey.

Anyone else with the same problem or a solution?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, eSaF said:

As a test I downloaded the stand alone Ventura 2 and built a USB installer to do a clean install on a test disk, on reaching the stage to choose the disk to be installed on, I get this popup - 'In order to continue installing MacOS Ventura you need to log in as Administrator to unlock the disk......' etc. Putting the name and password I use to unlock the p/c is proving to be wrong and I just cannot get past that stage. Thoughts please as to why that is.

Oh boy!

Sounds like a new challenge :hysterical:

• Like 1
  • Haha 5
  • Sad 1

I Can't Get A Working Installer, tried AnymacOS and direct download from Apple :(

Any Suggestions, I Feel Like I'm Doing Something Wrong

Installer Gets to 12% then finishes Get Error When It Restarts

Bullocks I Wait For Release Version

Edited by STLVNUB
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

3 minutes ago, STLVNUB said:

I Can't Get A Working Installer, tried AnymacOS and direct download from Apple :(

The link that has been provided here did work for you?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, STLVNUB said:

Hi installer for what version? If mean you Ventura Beta 2 don't bother as it is not working for some reason. Use this App for all Versions in the Apple Catalog. Use InstallScript_110fullapp in the Folder.

Edited by eSaF
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Cyberdevs said:

The link that has been provided here did work for you?

Downloads But Still Error With Installing

4 minutes ago, eSaF said:

Hi installer for what version? If mean Ventura Beta 2 don't bother as it is not working for some reason. Use this App for all Versions in the Apple Catalog. Use InstallScript_110fullapp in the Folder.

trying Now Thanks

I can not make RX 570 to work in OS Ventura beta 1,2. Tried loading all firmwares availeble, different SMBIOS, tried to load Orinoco FB ( no way to succeed in Ventura). Only black screen after succefull booting. I can ssh to OS, but black screen. Anybody with RX 570 working in Ventura?

1 minute ago, Cyberdevs said:

What's the error?

4 minutes ago, antuneddu said:

Tried with createinstallmedia command in Terminal ? 

Same Deal, Loads Up To Recovery Then Asks For Admin Password When Going To Install, WTF!

• Confused 1
  • Sad 4

6 hours ago, greythorne said:

I have Intel NUC but mine is a i3SYH. Btw for the wireless kext, you are using AirportItlwm.kext for Ventura or using the one for Monterey? Understand that AirportItlwm.kext for Ventura is still in the alpha stage. 

I am using a similar approach as yours. Thanks. 

I use the latest stable versions of Heliport app v1.41 and itlwm.kext v2.1.0 --> these work well in macOS 11 up to 13beta2.  In Monterey, the Kabylake graphics kexts load and I still get graphics acceleration using -igfxsklaskbl boot argument as discussed in my previous post...

Spoiler

554497385_Monterey12.4_21F79onNUC6i5SYH.thumb.png.c726fdacf9d5e1e5aeefb9ec934a5322.png

Haven't tried AirportItlwm.kext yet so can't comment on it.

Any success with your NUC6i3SYH in Monterey or Ventura loading Kabylake kexts with graphics acceleration?  I assume you've tried framebuffer 0x59160000 for Intel UHD 620?

Spoiler

1458707944_KabylakeUHD620settings.thumb.png.5891ee464b3bbd75b2f886f5e689e1b5.png

Good luck!

Just now, 5T33Z0 said:

Just updated to 22A5286j and automatic logon works now.

Did you see my post testing a clean Install of Beta 2 with the stand alone download that is available? Getting to the stage to choose the Disk for the install you're met with the message to put in Admin Name and P/W and no matter what you enter, is met with wrong details.

So I had to install Beta 1 and then update to Beta 2 to get over that hurdle. I already have a running Beta 2 but just wanted to test a clean Install.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, eSaF said:

So I had to install Beta 1 and then update to Beta 2 to get over that hurdle. I already have a running Beta 2 but just wanted to test a clean Install.

I'm always doing the clean install to make sure everything is in order, haven't tried it yet tho just downloading the full installer right now.

With the first DP using the direct link posted here it always ended up with the same error that the installation package was damaged so i used the gibMacOS to download the installer and it worked.

So i'm downloading the direct link right now and I'll give it a try, if that ended with the same issue as you and @STLVNUB i'll try gibMacOS and see if that makes any difference.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, bisdak4920 said:

Clean install using iMac 18,1 on my old Haswell rig. No issues at all. Ventura is stable and all my programs works.

Is this a clean install of Ventura Beta 2 and what app did you use to get the Install Package?

Edited by eSaF

19 minutes ago, eSaF said:

Is this a clean install of Ventura Beta 2 and what app did you use to get the Install Package?

Yes in fact I used my EFI on Monterey to boot the USB installer and everything was smooth. I used this to download - installScript_1016fullapp-Plus OS X D-Load

Edited by bisdak4920
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2