[pre-release] macOS Ventura

3,556 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, bisdak4920 said:

I used my EFI on Monterey to boot the USB installer and everything was smooth.

You mean you used the same Monterey EFI Folder as the boot loader because that is what I used also the same installer script you mentioned and had the snag I posted about. I will attempt another clean install and see how that goes. Thanks for the feedback.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, eSaF said:

You mean you used the same Monterey EFI Folder as the boot loader because that is what I used also the same installer script you mentioned and had the snag I posted about. I will attempt another clean install and see how that goes. Thanks for the feedback.

There are a lot of users with the same problem as you. I hope it's a beta 2 bug.

• Thanks 1

Just performed a clean install of macOS 13 beta 2 on clean APFS partition successfully via bootable install media created on external drive. As reported by @eSaF, there is indeed a prompt to verify admin credentials to unlock install destination however the installation continues as normal upon entry of correct credentials.

• Like 4

Just now, aben said:

Just performed a clean install of macOS 13 beta 2 on clean APFS partition successfully via bootable install media created on external drive. As reported by @eSaF, there is indeed a prompt to verify admin credentials to unlock install destination however the installation continues as normal upon entry of correct credentials.

I don't get it, I have used the same Admin credentials since Snow Leopard without deviation to unlock the P/C so I am mystified why the error comes up.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, miliuco said:

@aben

What are the correct credentials? Admin user?

One would expect its the same as the one you use to boot into or unlock the P/C can't be anything different surely!!!

• Like 2

@aben @Cyberdevs - Success!!!, @aben is correct with the Admin credentials, you have to use the correct logon that unlocks the p/c and it must be in all lower case type. The strange thing is, I have never come across this step in all the clean install Betas or Releases before. I carried the test as was recommended and got past that stage. :thumbsup_anim:

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

So, I can only confirm that the installer I linked ( https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/351969-pre-release-macos-ventura/?do=findComment&comment=2786885 ) is very valid ... just tried both on an entire disk where linux was running and formatted in full, and on the container where BS was running, in both cases the credentials are requested ... by entering them it works ... no problem

IMG_20220624_121343.thumb.jpg.d135f04fcf32bc857dda1e2651303b8f.jpg

IMG_20220624_121130.thumb.jpg.92accd6d678d56b43f23cae72b7380c5.jpg

No bugs !

Edited by antuneddu
  • Like 6

12 hours ago, Stefanalmare said:

OK, I take this back! I finally installed Ventura beta 2 on external SSD on Ivy desktop and laptop. Works with Opencore and Clover. Using

https://github.com/dortania/OpenCore-Legacy-Patcher/issues/998

https://mrmacintosh.com/apple-silicon-m1-full-macos-restore-ipsw-firmware-files-database/

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/oc-ventura-install-on-cmp-5-1.2347310/?post=31172042#post-31172042

Reveal hidden contents

1.png

Reveal hidden contents

2.png

But you have installed beta 2 from clean install? Because I tried to update from beta 1 to beta 2, on my Ivy laptop and cannot update this.

Cheers.

Kinda makes you wonder what other Hoops to jump through the following Betas will throw at us. Oooh I'm so scared!!!!:unsure:

Ok that’s one clean installation of Beta 2 tested and done successfully, now waiting for the next potential curved 😜

Edited by eSaF
  • Haha 3

6 hours ago, matgeo said:

With Beta 2 I'm facing sleep issues.

Pmset -g shows "sleep prevented by runningboardd" ad my laptop never goes to sleep.

This never happened in beta 1 or Monterey.

Anyone else with the same problem or a solution?

I have the same problem, and in beta 1 it works fine...

Sleep works on beta 2, but only if I put it manually, otherwise it never goes to sleep.

In beta 1 it goes to sleep automatically 

🤷‍♂️

2 hours ago, Stefanalmare said:

Update.

How did you do? I tried from system settings and with 1,56 GB and 11 GB full installer it gives me the error I have posted yesterday, also I tried to download InstallAssitant.pkg (beta 2) and update with app installer, but at some point of the installation gives me the same message, and installer abort the update.

Edited by asdesoso

50 minutes ago, eSaF said:

Kinda makes you wonder what other Hoops to jump through the following Betas will throw at us. Oooh I'm so scared!!!!:unsure:

Ok that’s one clean installation of Beta 2 tested and done successfully, now waiting for the next potential curved 😜

The strange thing, however, disabling (from the bios) all the other disks with BS, Mrey, Windows ... leaving only one disk (where it ran) Linux ... format it to zero ... in theory no trace of Osx (clean also the nvram) As if it were a new PC where Osx is installed for the first time ... well the credentials look for them anyway :hyper:

Enter Win credentials ... nothing

given simply enter  ... nothing

insert those of the osx ... nada

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

16 minutes ago, antuneddu said:

The strange thing, however, disabling (from the bios) all the other disks with BS, Mrey, Windows ... leaving only one disk (where it ran) Linux ... format it to zero ... in theory no trace of Osx (clean also the nvram) As if it were a new PC where Osx is installed for the first time ... well the credentials look for them anyway :hyper:

Apple ID?

17 minutes ago, antuneddu said:

My thoughts exactly - It seems if you have another Disk containing another OS X version or install, seems to prompt you for the Admin Credentials during the clean installation. Never come across this behaviour in other versions in the past.

4 minutes ago, Stefanalmare said:

Apple ID?

I tried that yesterday...

I put a new SSD and took out everything else, reset the nvram, as if I had a new PC, and beta 2 keeps asking for a password to install.

I put my apple ID and it doesn't work..

I put my Monterey password, it didn't work..

I put the Ventura password, it didn't work

🤷‍♂️

• Sad 1

15 minutes ago, Stefanalmare said:

Apple ID?

I didn't use Apple ID, used what I use to logon to the P/C which is different.

10 minutes ago, PoMpIs said:

I tried that yesterday...

I put a new SSD and took out everything else, reset the nvram, as if I had a new PC, and beta 2 keeps asking for a password to install.

I put my apple ID and it doesn't work..

I put my Monterey password, it didn't work..

I put the Ventura password, it didn't work

🤷‍♂️

You have to put it in lower case letters, even if you have Capital letters you must use Lower Case letters, that was the mistake I was making as I have Upper and Lower Case Letters in my Admin Logon P/W to unlock the machine.

Edited by eSaF
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3