[Pre-Release] macOS Big Sur 11.3

gengik84

195 posts in this topic

Hi @eSaF

Do you have issues with bluetooth, or better bluetooth with this RC of macOS Big Sur 11.3?

As you know we have the same bluetooth/wifi combo card BCM943602CS, and I had to go back to macOS Big Sur ind order to have bluetooth... 

I don't know if I should update...

Thanks

• Like 1

6 hours ago, meaganmargaret said:

I can't be the only one - Big Sur 11.4 Beta 1 is out and I upgraded my two test machines; seems fine.  New thread?

Yes, new thread for Big Sur 11.4 Beta :D

1 hour ago, 1Ale1 said:

Seems like Apple fears to release macOS Big Sur 11.3 stable, after eight betas it's still "RC" and not present in the catalog

I think they have to disable rosetta for some countries, because of licensing issues... https://9to5mac.com/2021/03/02/apple-may-disable-rosetta-2-on-m1-macs-in-some-regions-macos-11-3-code-suggests/

• Sad 1

Just updated my machine to BigSur 13.3 stable. USB stopped working... :(

I'm using opencore 0.6.8 on my i7 8900k (coffee lake), gigabyte motherboard (GA-H370N-WIFI) with a Radeon RX580.

I use the SSDT-EC-USBX-DESKTOP.aml.

I have absolutely no clue where to start fixing this... If anyone can help?

Thanks

15 hours ago, c0h1b4 said:

Just updated my machine to BigSur 13.3 stable. USB stopped working... :(

I'm using opencore 0.6.8 on my i7 8900k (coffee lake), gigabyte motherboard (GA-H370N-WIFI) with a Radeon RX580.

I use the SSDT-EC-USBX-DESKTOP.aml.

I have absolutely no clue where to start fixing this... If anyone can help?

Thanks

All ports stopped working? Did you do the port limit patch? 

You can read about it here https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Post-Install/usb/

I'd suggest the following temporary fix:

1) download USBInjectAll.kext and enable it in OC

2) enable the XhciPortLimit in your OC config under Kernel section

this should make ports work. In my case to get USB 3 to work on B460M DS3H I had to add the XHCI-unsupported.kext too.

3) Download Hackintool and use the USB section to detect which USBs you actually use and pick less than 15 (You basically have to insert a USB 2 and a USB 3 device in each port, and it becomes green in Hackintool)

4) then, when you detected all ports (must be less than 15, otherwise delete some of them), you can click the "Export" button in Hackintool and it will generate a kext and some ACPI files

5) inject the generated kext (it's probably called USBPorts.kext), and disable the XhciPortLimit 

6) you could probably remove the USBInjectAll.kext, I still had to use the XHCI-unsupported.kext in my case since USB 3 didn't work

Also, there are video guides for this and you can click the "i" icon for more info in Hackintool.

EDIT: Probably better to use the https://github.com/corpnewt/USBMap tool instead of hackintool. Not sure if Hackintool can generate proper kexts for Catalina/Big Sur...

Edited by Nightf4ll
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Nightf4ll said:

All ports stopped working? Did you do the port limit patch? 

You can read about it here https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Post-Install/usb/

I'd suggest the following temporary fix:

1) download USBInjectAll.kext and enable it in OC

2) enable the XhciPortLimit in your OC config under Kernel section

this should make ports work. In my case to get USB 3 to work on B460M DS3H I had to add the XHCI-unsupported.kext too.

3) Download Hackintool and use the USB section to detect which USBs you actually use and pick less than 15 (You basically have to insert a USB 2 and a USB 3 device in each port, and it becomes green in Hackintool)

4) then, when you detected all ports (must be less than 15, otherwise delete some of them), you can click the "Export" button in Hackintool and it will generate a kext and some ACPI files

5) inject the generated kext (it's probably called USBPorts.kext), and disable the XhciPortLimit 

6) you could probably remove the USBInjectAll.kext, I still had to use the XHCI-unsupported.kext in my case since USB 3 didn't work

Also, there are video guides for this and you can click the "i" icon for more info in Hackintool.

EDIT: Probably better to use the https://github.com/corpnewt/USBMap tool instead of hackintool. Not sure if Hackintool can generate proper kexts for Catalina/Big Sur...

1. I didn't had USBInjectAll.kext. Downloaded, installed on my OC/Kext folder but didn't worked.

2. XhciPortLimit was enabled

3. Used the Hackintool  and like the USBMap, it kind of helps, but some ports are still unavailable.

I just used the USBMap tool. Helped but it still not like it used to be.