[pre-release] macOS Big Sur in VMWare

1,188 posts in this topic

Hi everyone, finally I am able to have my HP EliteBook 2570P fully working, except WiFi, but now the performance of Big Sur is very fast.

The problem was that I didn´t complete the files from Catalina into ACPI/patched, and voila.

Thanks for your help.

Spoiler

Final_Result_BigSur.png

• Like 3

With the help of @Takiller, I am able to boot to Big Sur using Clover and everything seems to be working ok.  However, I don't seem to be able to get full function from VoodooPS2Controller.kext and, particularly, the Trackpad kext.  In fact, the trackpad is not recognized and left click does not work consistently and does not work at all on apps in the dock.  Anyone have their trackpad working with VoodooPS2Controller?

On 6/27/2020 at 5:14 AM, Cyberdevs said:

@cryosat7Here is my latest OC build with lates kexts if you wanna give it a try.

OpenCore BigSur 0.6.0 Haswell.zip

Did my install from my MacBook Pro onto my existing Catalina/OpenCore install. Drag and dropped this ZIP file and it booted, albeit using the "Preboot" option. I don't know what happened to my OS line. I also replaced the Mausi driver with the RealtekR1000SL driver to get networking working.

THANK YOU @cryosat7!!!!!

Hello everyone, I am Manas Malla, a student of 10th grade. Finally, I have been able to install macOS Big Sur without all your help and support using the restoration image given as well as using VMWare Fusion to install macOS Big Sur on a Physical SSD/HDD and to help others who are facing issues or having trouble on how to get started, I made a small tutorial on the same.

How to install macOS Big Sur on PC | Macintosh | Hackintosh

Spoiler

Please watch it and provide your valuable suggestion and feedback. Also, don't forget to please like, share, and subscribe to help me grow and encourage me!

Mainly thanks to @MaLd0n @ludufre @REKTIMU2 @mnfesq@Pavo @PC IT @Matgen84 @chris1111 for your support and immediate responses

• Like 7

On 7/4/2020 at 6:52 PM, asdesoso said:

Hi everyone, finally I am able to have my HP EliteBook 2570P fully working, except WiFi, but now the performance of Big Sur is very fast.

The problem was that I didn´t complete the files from Catalina into ACPI/patched, and voila.

Thanks for your help.

Spoiler

Final_Result_BigSur.png

Hi! I have the same laptop 2570p only i5 on clover and Catalina. Do you have EFI for OC for me to migrate to my Cat to OC? TIA.

On 7/5/2020 at 2:35 AM, OrpheusInHell said:

Finally got it to work with a little more research and focus. It's amazing how snappy it is compared to Catalina.

Spoiler

1656602960_Screenshot2020-07-05at07_29_08.thumb.png.53162bdd5ef31a498daabf9c3e6b7813.png

How did you fix the black screen with just the mouse cruser?

share your efi ?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, mnfesq said:

With the help of @Takiller, I am able to boot to Big Sur using Clover and everything seems to be working ok.  However, I don't seem to be able to get full function from VoodooPS2Controller.kext and, particularly, the Trackpad kext.  In fact, the trackpad is not recognized and left click does not work consistently and does not work at all on apps in the dock.  Anyone have their trackpad working with VoodooPS2Controller?

I am glad you are up and running. I am using VoodooPS2Controller and my trackpad is working fine. Please go to system preferences, trackpad and make sure that secondary click is with option (Click or tap with two fingers). After that go to accessibility, pointer control, trackpad options and enable dragging without drag lock.

On 6/23/2020 at 8:24 PM, chris1111 said:

We have a WIFI Realtek for Big Sur 
Drivers for Realtek 802.11n and 802.11ac USB Wi-Fi adapters

Check this out Wireless USB Big Sur Adapter Enjoy :thumbsup_anim:

Good day, thanks for your wireless USB Big Sur I can access internet with my TP-WN725. In Catalina I have full airplay, but with Big Sur only music app can airplay and I wonder what might be the issue. Please assist me, as I enjoy airplay to my appleTV. I am currently using V2 of the package.

1 hour ago, Takiller said:

I am glad you are up and running. I am using VoodooPS2Controller and my trackpad is working fine. Please go to system preferences, trackpad and make sure that secondary click is with option (Click or tap with two fingers). After that go to accessibility, pointer control, trackpad options and enable dragging without drag lock.

Please share your EFI file, My laptop keyboard woking but trackpad not work. Tks!

21 hours ago, tore2003 said:

I don’t know why, but with your EFI I can see only the Catalina installer. The Catalina and Big Sur HDD’s are not visible :/

No one?

2 hours ago, bisdak4920 said:

Hi! I have the same laptop 2570p only i5 on clover and Catalina. Do you have EFI for OC for me to migrate to my Cat to OC? TIA.

Hi, I used Clover bootloader with OCQuirks method, here I attach the EFI folder from my HP 2570P, you must change your Serial Number.

I link to Google Drive, because the file size is 12,5 MB.

GDrive Link to EFI Clover Big Sur 2570P

1 hour ago, Takiller said:

Good day, thanks for your wireless USB Big Sur I can access internet with my TP-WN725. In Catalina I have full airplay, but with Big Sur only music app can airplay and I wonder what might be the issue. Please assist me, as I enjoy airplay to my appleTV. I am currently using V2 of the package.

I don't  know because I not using TV and Airplay

2 hours ago, luky35 said:

Why does the install wait when it starts? I am trying to install from usb.
Can someone explain why it does that, and how to fix it.
Thanks!

Big Sur cannot be vanilla installed directly to a hdd/ssd yet (correct me if I’m wrong) still waiting for devs to come up with a work around. To test Big Sur you must use the VM method.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, SavageAUS said:

Big Sur cannot be vanilla installed directly to a hdd/ssd yet (correct me if I’m wrong) still waiting for devs to come up with a work around. To test Big Sur you must use the VM method.

Thanks

2 minutes ago, tore2003 said:

Does no one know what to do?

Go to Recovery partition ---> Open Terminal

Type:

kextcache -i /Volumes/XX (replace XX by the name of your volume)

Quit Terminal and restart

On 7/5/2020 at 9:50 AM, Matgen84 said:

Go to Recovery partition ---> Open Terminal

Type:

kextcache -i /Volumes/XX (replace XX by the name of your volume)

Quit Terminal and restart

Thank you I’ll give a try now!

EDIT: I have only the Catalina Recovery, not the Big Sur one.

I don’t use the EFI of my HDD but I only always boot from the USB. Is that a problem?

EDIT 2: Terminal gives me an error :( 

Spoiler

0CD5CEFE-B426-4C71-91AB-0D80566366DC.jpeg

On 7/5/2020 at 9:52 AM, tore2003 said:
Thank you I’ll give a try now!

EDIT: I have only the Catalina Recovery, not the Big Sur one.
I don’t use the EFI of my HDD but I only always boot from the USB. Is that a problem?

EDIT 2: Terminal gives me an error  
Spoiler

0CD5CEFE-B426-4C71-91AB-0D80566366DC.thumb.jpeg.9329ff1f6f803171bbadf87e400fc6de.jpeg

You can’t use spaces like that in terminal commands. Try Big\ Sur

• Like 1