[pre-release] macOS Big Sur in VMWare

1,188 posts in this topic

With the modified clover Big Sur boots all the way up until the last apple logo just before the login window and just stops there.

The issue is resolved by replacing some kexts (Lilu and whatevergreen). All is working on Big Sur with clover and at long last I can start enjoying Big Sur ;-)

Edited by Takiller
Problem solved

Asus Prime X299-A

RX 5700

Skylake-X 7960X

Fenvi T919 (Broadcom)

Flashed Titan Ridge (AIC) - NVM50 - Fully working Thunderbolt Bus

Sleep also works with TB-Devices plugged in and powered on.

OpenCore NDK 0.5.9

All works including sleep, wifi/bt.

Thanks to @Ellybz for help with instructions getting ndk 059 to work.

Works more smooth than my Catalina install.

bigsurscreen.png

• Like 1

Hello everyone.
These are the characteristics of my hardware and this is the EFI of my OC.
The system starts, it seems to work in a decent way, (graphics, audio, network, usb, pm, sleep ...). Only the shutdown works badly: the system turns off, the screens turn off completely, CPU Halted but the computer remains on, with lots of system lights illuminated and fans running. By disconnecting the net brutally, everything is normal on restart.
Help, please, also to understand?

Sistema.jpg.zip

EFI.zip

3 hours ago, manmo71 said:

Is there any way to get R/W access to NTFS drives?

A lot of my data is on NTFS drives and I used to use Paragon NTFS up until Catalina.

With Big Sur Paragon NTFS doesn't work any more as it says it is not compatible with this version of macOS.

Anyone has any suggestions or a workarounds for this issue at the moment?

Maybe you can try Mounty, its a good solution for a while...

• Like 1

Hey @Max.1974

Thank you, I just installed MOUNTY. Seems to be performing great compared against TUXERA.

Only issue is that the drives disappear from the Desktop due to the nobrowse limitation as explained in the documentation. Apart from that it will do the job for me...

• Like 2

9 hours ago, pico joe said:

hi @Fantomac & @dariuxzy.. sorry for late response

IO80211Family.kext.zip

The same error. However, it seems that the problem starts from BigSur prelinkedkernel fix2.command. Look at the errors from the photo. And as a result it fails to load the kext. How did you start the script? And where did you install the kext? On l / e?

Edit. I enable ethernet for download file, but there are always errors

Schermata 2020-07-03 alle 20.50.36.png

Edited by dariuxzy

2 hours ago, dariuxzy said:

The same error. However, it seems that the problem starts from BigSur prelinkedkernel fix2.command. Look at the errors from the photo. And as a result it fails to load the kext. How did you start the script? And where did you install the kext? On l / e?

Edit. I enable ethernet for download file, but there are always errors

Schermata 2020-07-03 alle 20.50.36.png

Open the script with textedit and do all command manually

• Like 1

HI to all , i am posting again my problem , i am having this on my skylake laptop when i try to boot from ssd bay inserted on my cd drive slot, any ideas to boot big sur from it? 

USBMSC Identifier (non-unique) - AppleIntelLpssI2CController

•  

I really didn't want to post this being it is the first beta, but is anyone able to play their purchased movies in Apple TV or any thing apart from trailers? That is the only glitch I am having (The old black screen), everything else is perfect and to be honest in some aspects better than Catalina, the difference is in Catalina Apple TV works. Just curious to know if it is my rig that has this glitch. Oh and another thing, my trusted Ad Blocker no longer work on Safari with Big Sur and the popups are killing me after I banished them years ago so they are back with a vengeance :censored:

5 hours ago, dariuxzy said:

The same error. However, it seems that the problem starts from BigSur prelinkedkernel fix2.command. Look at the errors from the photo. And as a result it fails to load the kext. How did you start the script?

where can i download that script?

On 7/3/2020 at 7:59 PM, eSaF said:

I really didn't want to post this being it is the first beta, but is anyone able to play their purchased movies in Apple TV or any thing apart from trailers? That is the only glitch I am having (The old black screen), everything else is perfect and to be honest in some aspects better than Catalina, the difference is in Catalina Apple TV works. Just curious to know if it is my rig that has this glitch. Oh and another thing, my trusted Ad Blocker no longer work on Safari with Big Sur and the popups are killing me after I banished them years ago so they are back with a vengeance :censored:

Hi @eSaF, works very fast and no glitches with my AMD RX 64 Vega GA. 

Spoiler

apple tv.png

trailer bs.png

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Takiller said:

With the modified clover Big Sur boots all the way up until the last apple logo just before the login window and just stops there.

The issue is resolved by replacing some kexts (Lilu and whatevergreen). All is working on Big Sur with clover and at long last I can start enjoying Big Sur ;-)

My laptop hangs at the exact same place, hidden by the apple logo and unfilled progress bar that has a slight blue edge all around the progress bar.  I am already using the most current versions of Lilu and WEG.  What, exactly, did you do to fix your EFI?

1 hour ago, OrpheusInHell said:

I finally managed to boot, but I have a black screen though I can see my mouse cursor moving...

I had same issue with my Hackintosh i9 , 5700xt, so my fix was using smbios 18,1 and using agdpmod=pikera

for some reason I couldn’t get it to boot with smbios 1,1 imacpro 

1 hour ago, bbmatias3 said:

I had same issue with my Hackintosh i9 , 5700xt, so my fix was using smbios 18,1 and using agdpmod=pikera

for some reason I couldn’t get it to boot with smbios 1,1 imacpro 

I really don't know if I can use this smbios with OpenCore and Ryzen.

4 hours ago, mnfesq said:

My laptop hangs at the exact same place, hidden by the apple logo and unfilled progress bar that has a slight blue edge all around the progress bar.  I am already using the most current versions of Lilu and WEG.  What, exactly, did you do to fix your EFI?

Compare your config.plist kernel to patch and your quirks.plist with the attached.

Plists.zip

• Thanks 1

You knowledgeable guys probably know this already but if you're Multi-Booting and testing Big Sur with each OS on respective drives, only use one EFI Folder on the drive that houses Big Sur to boot all OSs' specially if you're also booting Catalina. You will likely find Catalina cannot invoke BS booting to reach the desktop and will likely result in a kernel panic. One more thing, you need to make the BS Drive as the Start Up Disk also the first drive in the Boot order in the BIOS - This is with Opencore, don't know about Clover as I don't use it anymore but I dare say the same rules applies.

• Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, eSaF said:

You knowledgeable guys probably know this already but if you're Multi-Booting and testing Big Sur with each OS on respective drives, only use one EFI Folder on the drive that houses Big Sur to boot all OSs' specially if you're also booting Catalina. You will likely find Catalina cannot invoke BS booting to reach the desktop and will likely result in a kernel panic. One more thing, you need to make the BS Drive as the Start Up Disk also the first drive in the Boot order in the BIOS - This is with Opencore, don't know about Clover as I don't use it anymore but I dare say the same rules applies.

Exactly. That is what i experienced. I installed BS on a separate SSD and made the first drive in the Boot order in the BIOS. I have Win 10 + Catalina in another SSD which also has EFI on it. I shall remove the EFI soon. Since booting BS, OC 0.6.0 shows two entries for Win 10.

• Like 2

Hey Guys, finally I´m able to install macOS Big Sur through VmWare Fusion and boot up in one of my systems, is an HP EliteBook 2570P, which has an Intel Core i7-3632QM, 12 GB RAM DDR3L 1600 MHz, x2 SSD Kingston UV400 240 GB, and the HD4000 as IGPU, only remains audio and Wifi, I will see later, but the problem I´m experiencing is that in Big Sur the performance is very poor, than in Catalina, here I attach 2 pictures of Geekbench in Catalina and Big Sur, and there is 7.000 points of difference. I don´t know what is the cause.

Thanks for your help.

Spoiler

Geekbench_Result_BigSur.png

Geekbench_Result_Catalina.png

EFI_2570P_Clover_Big_Sur_V2.zip

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 7/4/2020 at 8:40 AM, asdesoso said:
Hey Guys, finally I´m able to install macOS Big Sur through VmWare Fusion and boot up in one of my systems, is an HP EliteBook 2570P, which has an Intel Core i7-3632QM, 12 GB RAM DDR3L 1600 MHz, x2 SSD Kingston UV400 240 GB, and the HD4000 as IGPU, only remains audio and Wifi, I will see later, but the problem I´m experiencing is that in Big Sur the performance is very poor, than in Catalina, here I attach 2 pictures of Geekbench in Catalina and Big Sur, and there is 7.000 points of difference. I don´t know what is the cause.
Thanks for your help.
Spoiler

Geekbench_Result_BigSur.thumb.png.6c61c34009d0e476cb0d41a905841ca8.png

Geekbench_Result_Catalina.thumb.png.1f1da859dc053d38fc26801657299b28.png

clover? what is your battery kext?

나의 SM-N960N 의 Tapatalk에서 보냄

2 minutes ago, Sherlocks said:

clover? what is your battery kext?

나의 SM-N960N 의 Tapatalk에서 보냄

Yes I´m using Clover 5119, with the OCQuirks method, and my battery kext is ACPI Battery Manager from Rehbmans.

• Like 1