[pre-release] macOS Big Sur in VMWare

1,188 posts in this topic

18 hours ago, dariuxzy said:

The same error. However, it seems that the problem starts from BigSur prelinkedkernel fix2.command. Look at the errors from the photo. And as a result it fails to load the kext. How did you start the script? And where did you install the kext? On l / e?

Edit. I enable ethernet for download file, but there are always errors

could you share the link for big sur prelinkedkernel fix2.command? i have tried to googling it but no results
thanks before...

17 hours ago, chris1111 said:

Open the script with textedit and do all command manually

Thanks, I tried directly to run it from Catalina, because it looks for the Big Sur partition before continuing, and it worked perfectly. But at the moment of loading the kext it gives me the same error. What can it be?

/Library/Extensions/IO80211Family.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AirPortAtheros40.kext failed to load - (libkern/kext) dependency resolution failure; check the system/kernel logs for errors or try kextutil(8).

Edited by dariuxzy

Can someone be kind enough to make me understand how OpenCore can turn off the system altogether but not physically turn off the computer, its lights and fans?
Thanks for your kind attention.

Just now, gaule1 said:

@asdesoso I think you’re mixing Geekbench version 4 and 5.

I installed the same version of Geekbench in both OS, Catalina and Big Sur, the 4.3.1, and there is a big difference of performance between Catalina and Big Sur.

On 7/4/2020 at 8:40 AM, asdesoso said:
Hey Guys, finally I´m able to install macOS Big Sur through VmWare Fusion and boot up in one of my systems, is an HP EliteBook 2570P, which has an Intel Core i7-3632QM, 12 GB RAM DDR3L 1600 MHz, x2 SSD Kingston UV400 240 GB, and the HD4000 as IGPU, only remains audio and Wifi, I will see later, but the problem I´m experiencing is that in Big Sur the performance is very poor, than in Catalina, here I attach 2 pictures of Geekbench in Catalina and Big Sur, and there is 7.000 points of difference. I don´t know what is the cause.

Thanks for your help.

Spoiler

Geekbench_Result_BigSur.thumb.png.6c61c34009d0e476cb0d41a905841ca8.png

Geekbench_Result_Catalina.thumb.png.1f1da859dc053d38fc26801657299b28.png

EFI_2570P_Clover_Big_Sur_V2.zip

Different smbios? Different version of geek bench? What else was changed between tests?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, SavageAUS said:

Different smbios? Different version of geek bench? What else was changed between tests?

The SMBIOS are different, because the used in Catalina, has been dropped support in Big Sur, so I needed to update SMBIOS for a new supported (11.1 instead of 9.2).

The version of Geekbench are the same, but the differences are the new method of boot Clover with OCQuirks in Big Sur, in Catalina I used AptioMemoryFix, and also FakeSMC instead of VirtualSMC, so I tried changing VirtualSMC instead of FakeSMC, but the same result.

31 minutes ago, tore2003 said:

I don’t know why, but with your EFI I can see only the Catalina installer. The Catalina and Big Sur HDD’s are not visible :/

No one knows why? I already have all the drivers for apfs ans hfs

Just now, luki1979 said:

@asdesoso Seems strange but Ivy Bridge and HD4000 support has been dropped in Big Sur hence why I think. My MacBook on Haswell cpu feels snappier on Big Sur, Geekbench scores the same as on Catalina for me.

Yes, I know it, but I saw some videos of MacBook Pro Mid 2012 Ivy Bridge running very quickly, which has more o less the same configuration of my HP laptop.

On 7/4/2020 at 11:45 AM, luki1979 said:

@asdesoso check with Intel Power Gadget if CPU is stepping correctly, check if sleep work. Something not right. 

Sleep and ACPI, also HD4000 are working fine, I will try Intel Power Gadget.

The CPU seems to be at 1 GHz at maximum, I think this is the problem of poor performance.

Spoiler

IPG_Result.png

On 7/4/2020 at 11:47 AM, asdesoso said:

Sleep and ACPI, also HD4000 are working fine, I will try Intel Power Gadget.

The CPU seems to be at 1 GHz at maximum, I think this is the problem of poor performance.

Spoiler

IPG_Result.png

compare these settings for these models 

Spoiler

896839079_2020-07-0421_17_36.thumb.png.48535a75afeefc2e1a81f8806619ae83.png

On 7/2/2020 at 8:11 PM, chris1111 said:

Coming soon for those who own an HP ProDesk 600 g1 easy program for Big Sur and Catalina with OpenCore

☞ See Picture

It's nice finding someone else using the same machine. Mine is a 600 g1 with i5-4590s

Is your sleep working? 

On 7/2/2020 at 8:11 PM, chris1111 said:

Coming soon for those who own an HP ProDesk 600 g1 easy program for Big Sur and Catalina with OpenCore

☞ See Picture

It's nice finding someone else using the same machine. Mine is a 600 g1 with i5-4590s

Is your sleep working? 

1 hour ago, marianopela said:

Is your sleep working? 

Is your sleep working? 

Yes sleep wake works. awake by the power button mousse and keyboard not work for awake

only one things not working is the Fan reading of the Geforce 630 on HWMonitor and I don't know why 

Stange because with Clover its work

Edited by chris1111

2 hours ago, tyufhl said:

@asdesoso yes.

But I don´t know what is needed to be compared.

Could be that my i7-3632QM is partially unsupported on Big Sur and need some patches to function up to 3,2 GHz?

Thanks

Edited by asdesoso
i7-3632QM is supported on Big Sur?