[pre-release] macOS Big Sur in VMWare

1,188 posts in this topic

Hey guys, just got Big Sur running on my Dell XPS 13 9350 --- I can post the EFI if anyone needs.

Used Clover and Opencore Quirks, along with changing my kexts to get this running properly.

Have exact same functionality as Catalina

I attach an EFI if anyone needs.

https://github.com/tlefko/XPS-13-9350-Big-Sur

Edited by tlefko
Added Detail
  • Thanks 1

On 7/5/2020 at 11:19 PM, eSaF said:

In my opinion although doable as proven by the author, the process is long winded and prone to mistakes along the way. The sure fired way is the one done and published by MaLd0n. Way more easier than this method and without using VM also able to install on an external or internal drive. Not trying to take anything away from Manas Malla's method but MaLd0n's method is far less cumbersome.

Operating from Windows, but not only, it is exactly the opposite. Besides, installation in VMware is native, so you can create a practically perfect Master, VMDK + OFSMount + R-Drive Image: Flexibility, Speed and 360 ° Security

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, netgear said:

Operating from Windows, but not only, it is exactly the opposite. Besides, installation in VMware is native, so you can create a practically perfect Master, VMDK + OFSMount + R-Drive Image: Flexibility, Speed and 360 ° Security

Ok well since I don't know the VM process and the first time I tried it was a completely disaster (I was wrong to negatively portray the operation off my own experience), I will have to take your word on the subject. Thanks for the clarification. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, netgear said:

All in a container encapsulated by another OS. Ya seems awesome >_>

What is wrong here? Somehow the Kext/Kernel Patching people are missing in action (MIA)?! Guys, where are you? Help. :) 

You were here for us, for the Catalina Betas last summer. Do not recall if Mojave needed those too but if it did you were here as well, IIRC.

Where are you now? Please unhide. :)

Edited by Naki

On 09/07/2020 at 08:25, Max.1974 said:

Tente usar o Rehabman ACPIBatteryManager.kext, use o Opencore Configurator para instalar corretamente. Não se esqueça de fazer backup na caneta USB ...

Captura de tela 2020-07-09 às 08.22.32.png

what model of your wireless pci?

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Max.1974 said:

Aqui meu amigo .. aproveite !!! Estou usando o Opencore ... compilado por@ MaLd0n!!!

Espero ter ajudado Lucas ... abraços !!!

Kexts.zip

1709003890_CapturadeTela2020-07-12s23_33_02.thumb.png.7caedc69240acd9acef113986dea360d.png

friend It worked perfectly, installed in L / E, with kext Droplet

EFI / Kexts was not loaded, Bluetoothinjector.kext, Bluetoothfirmware.kext

thank you for the files!:thumbsup_anim:

Spoiler

260638782_CapturadeTela2020-07-13as21_04_06.thumb.png.83a39b9a57e9b397dde4d38e2f0746fc.png

• Like 1

hi. I need some advice. I installed BS to VMware and now I try to backup system and restore to ssd. 
could someone provide some tips? 

backup with DD from Catalina? or from another BS? or from wherever recovery? 
thanks

On 7/13/2020 at 9:36 PM, lucas ferreira brandao said:

friend It worked perfectly, installed in L / E, with kext Droplet

EFI / Kexts was not loaded, Bluetoothinjector.kext, Bluetoothfirmware.kext

thank you for the files!:thumbsup_anim:

Hide contents

You are welcome, Lucas!!! Im so glad for you get it!!! Nice!! :D

Maybe you need check OpencoreConfigurator for add kexts in Kernel sector...

Captura de Tela 2020-07-16 às 18.46.56.png

Edited by Max.1974

Managed to install Big Sur DP2 via VMware Fusion to Hard Disk and copying over my working clover to EFI. 

I am unable to get my USB3 Ports to work. I am using MSI X299 Tomahawk AC motherboard. The USBMap.kext which I had created as a map of my USB ports does not seem to work on Big Sur. It works perfectly on Catalina though. Anyone can help me with this? Any USB3 port limit patch released for DP2 yet?

Managed to install Big Sur DP2 via VMware Fusion to Hard Disk and copying over my working clover to EFI.

That's great. Please share with me what steps did you fallowed to achieve that.

Trimis de pe al meu Pixel folosind Tapatalk

1 hour ago, MICKHAEL said:

That's great. Please share with me what steps did you fallowed to achieve that.

https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/344299-guide-gigabyte-ga-z370n-wifi-i7-8700k-uhd-630-big-sur-110-dp1/

My Clover EFI.zip for MSI X299 boards. USB 3 still does not work. So make sure your keyboard and mouse are plugged into USB 2 ports for the time being or till a Patch is found.

Usage: Install Big Sur Beta 1 or Beta 2 using the guide above on a physical hard disk (Can even be a SSD in a USB enclosure). Then copy the EFI whole folder to the EFI partition before booting into initial setup wizard.

My Config.plist is very vanilla and easy to troubleshoot. 

EFI.zip

Edited by d5aqoep

https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/344299-guide-gigabyte-ga-z370n-wifi-i7-8700k-uhd-630-big-sur-110-dp1/

My Clover EFI.zip for MSI X299 boards. USB 3 still does not work. So make sure your keyboard and mouse are plugged into USB 2 ports for the time being or till a Patch is found.

Usage: Install Big Sur Beta 1 or Beta 2 using the guide above on a physical hard disk (Can even be a SSD in a USB enclosure). Then copy the EFI whole folder to the EFI partition before booting into initial setup wizard.

My Config.plist is very vanilla and easy to troubleshoot. 

EFI.zip

Thanks. Not sure I got how do I get virtual os to the physical ssd.

I already have it installed to wmvare

14 minutes ago, MICKHAEL said:

Thanks. Not sure I got how do I get virtual os to the physical ssd.

I already have it installed to wmvare

Check out the above link which makes it straightforward with images.

38 minutes ago, d5aqoep said:
Check out the above link which makes it straightforward with images.

okay. i dindt checked the link) all explained. thanks

Edited by MICKHAEL

On 7/2/2020 at 11:11 PM, pico joe said:

I’m not sure but this what I do in BigSur Hackie to activated atheros40

csr-active-config : 77080000

1. run script (thanks to jackluke) BigSur prelinkedkernel fix2.command  --> reboot

2. run kext-droplet (thanks to chris1111) drag n drop IO80211Family.kext  —> reboot

3. open terminal

sudo kextunload /System/Library/Extensions/IO80211Family.kext

sudo kextload /Library/Extensions/IO80211Family.kext

sudo kextload /Library/Extensions/IO80211Family.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AirPortAtheros40.kext

and bump .. wifi ON

Screen Shot 2020-07-02 at 19.05.46.png

my AR9565 is ok ,but i put it in OC  KEXTS