AudioGod's Aorus Z390 Pro Patched DSDT Mini Guide and Discussion

AudioGod
5,856 posts in this topic

25 minutes ago, letsdrink said:

How to update my system after AudioGod stopped making new EFIs?

1. First you need to insure all your kexts are the latest versions.

2. Down load OC version 0.7.1 from here - https://github.com/acidanthera/OpenCorePkg/actions.

3. Find the 64 bit EFI Folder and copy it preferably to a test USB Drive.

4. Look into the Docs Folder and copy the Sample Config.plist to the new EFI Folder.

5. Copy your new kexts to the kext Folder also your original SSDT Files to the ACPI Folder.

6. Use a good config.plist Editor like PlistEdit Pro and open both your old config.plist and the Sample one side by side and copy the entries from your old one.

7. When that is done save the settings, rename Sample to config and save.

8. Now you can see if the changes you made will boot from the test USB.

Yes this is a long winded way but I tried to simplified the process as much as possible. There are less convoluted methods as described here but I get the sense that you are in the dark of exactly what to do. Maybe someone else will offer an easier route to updating your EFI Folder. Good luck.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, eSaF said:

1. First you need to insure all your kexts are the latest versions.

2. Down load OC version 0.7.1 from here - https://github.com/acidanthera/OpenCorePkg/actions.

3. Find the 64 bit EFI Folder and copy it preferably to a test USB Drive.

4. Look into the Docs Folder and copy the Sample Config.plist to the new EFI Folder.

5. Copy your new kexts to the kext Folder also your original SSDT Files to the ACPI Folder.

6. Use a good config.plist Editor like PlistEdit Pro and open both your old config.plist and the Sample one side by side and copy the entries from your old one.

7. When that is done save the settings, rename Sample to config and save.

8. Now you can see if the changes you made will boot from the test USB.

Yes this is a long winded way but I tried to simplified the process as much as possible. There are less convoluted methods as described here but I get the sense that you are in the dark of exactly what to do. Maybe someone else will offer an easier route to updating your EFI Folder. Good luck.

I make update followed your instructions but still no icons on boot menu. Any idea ?

7 minutes ago, mariodj said:

I make update followed your instructions but still no icons on boot menu. Any idea ?

https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/348064-how-to-opencore-069-070-differences/?tab=comments#comment-2760047
Have a look here "OpenCanopy image directory structure"

make sure you have updated the resources folder      https://github.com/acidanthera/OcBinaryData

• Like 2

1 hour ago, antuneddu said:

https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/348064-how-to-opencore-069-070-differences/?tab=comments#comment-2760047
Have a look here "OpenCanopy image directory structure"

make sure you have updated the resources folder      https://github.com/acidanthera/OcBinaryData

And the problem is solved :) Thanks Antuneddu :) 

Like u said directory structure was changed.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, mariodj said:

Sorry my bad I forgot to mention updating the Resources Folder as well. Happy you got it sorted thanks to @antuneddu :thumbsup_anim:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I am trying to test the new OC 0.7.1 but I must be doing something wrong with he USB stick.  I drag the updated EFI folder to a newly formatted (extended journaled) USB stick, and at boot up I can select it, but its a black screen from there.  I tested it with my current working EFI and the same thing.  I'm likely doing something wrong with the formatting or something.  Any ideas where the problem could lie?  A setting in the bios?

5 hours ago, Hifi33 said:

I am trying to test the new OC 0.7.1 but I must be doing something wrong with he USB stick.  I drag the updated EFI folder to a newly formatted (extended journaled) USB stick, and at boot up I can select it, but its a black screen from there.  I tested it with my current working EFI and the same thing.  I'm likely doing something wrong with the formatting or something.  Any ideas where the problem could lie?  A setting in the bios?

But you know you have to mount the EFI partition on the stick and drop it there?

• Like 2

13 hours ago, benjiolino said:

But you know you have to mount the EFI partition on the stick and drop it there?

Oh right.  I must have initially formatted it wrong as there isn't an EFI partition on the stick that I can see in ESP mounter pro in FAT or hfs.  Easy to tell it's been a while since I've updated etc. and tested via USB. ha. I'm a little rusty.

I got it now... 🤦‍♂️  It was the formatting of the stick.  Show All Devices in Disk Utility and select GUID Partition Map on the USB.   Thanks for the heads up. :) 

Edited by Hifi33

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/26/2021 at 10:18 AM, benjiolino said:

I made a EFI with open core 0.71 and it works with MacOS 11.5 with my specs. Z390 Aorus Pro - Radeon VII. If anybody needs it please don't forget to put your serial numbers and reset NVRAM.

Screenshot 2021-07-26 at 09.15.34.png

EFI.zip 8.93 MB · 29 downloads

Hello there, would this EFI work for me? (I have i9-9900K, Z390 Aorus Pro and Radeon 5700XT.)

Also can someone clarify if AG is out of the scene, meaning he will never make EFI for this build again?

Thank you in advance.

Out of the scene, Not at all but maintaining my old Intel Threads and keeping the EFIs up to date I have indeed stopped doing.

Im now fully invested in the AMD side of Hackintoshing and that’s where my energy goes now.

The OpenCore EFI that’s still available to download will work fine for you with all OS up to Monterey.

Edited by AudioGod
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, AudioGod said:

Out fo the scene, Not at all but maintaining my old Intel Threads and keeping the EFIs up to date I have indeed stopped doing.

Im now fully invested in the AMD side of Hackintoshing and that’s where my energy goes now.

The OpenCore EFI that’s still available to download will work fine for you with all OS up to Monterey.

The influence M0rg0n4ut has on you is obvious, brotha! :smoke::D 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 8/5/2021 at 1:55 PM, unknownharris said:

Hello there, would this EFI work for me? (I have i9-9900K, Z390 Aorus Pro and Radeon 5700XT.)

Also can someone clarify if AG is out of the scene, meaning he will never make EFI for this build again?

Thank you in advance.

It would work if you add: "agdpmod=pikera" to the boot args.

Edited by benjiolino
  • Like 1

Hi all! I updated my OC to the latest version, The changes I made are the following:

I added UEFI -> AppleInput -> GraphicsInputMirroring (boolean set to True)

Modified Misc -> Security -> SecureBootModel (string set to Default, previous value was j137), as far as I'm aware, j137 won't work with Monterey on machines without T2 chip, but don't take my word for it.

The sample config has many differences, therefore I'm not sure if I missed anything important.

UPDATE:

for Misc -> Security -> SecureBootModel I'm not sure if I have to set Default or x86legacy, also, for APFS MinDate and MinVersion, currently I have it set to zero, but I think that -1 should be the better option.

UPDATE2:

I set it to x86legaxy and set the Min Date and Version to -1, on 11.15.1 it works like a charm, I'm not sure if the changes will work on lower than 11.0.1 version.

Edited by panosru
  • Like 2

I've updated as well. Added three things:

Misc > Security > SecureBootModel =Disabled

UEFI > AppleInput > GraphicsInputMirroring (boolean) = True (or yes)

UEFI > APFS = Set to Mojave setting from below.

I have always had to have SecureBootModel set to Disabled. It may be that I am on Mojave.

UEFI>APFS: Increased default APFS MinDate and MinVersion to macOS Big Sur for better security. These keys are the minimal allowed APFS driver date and version to be loaded. Examples:
    - MinDate and MinVersion 0 is default (currently Big Sur), leave this value if you are using Big Sur or Monterey
    - MinDate=20210508 and MinVersion=1677120009000000 is for Big Sur 11.4 (20F71)
    - MinDate=20200306 and MinVersion=1412101001000000 is for Catalina 10.15.4 (19E287)
    - MinDate=20190820 and MinVersion=945275007000000 is for Mojave 10.14.6 (18G103)
    - MinDate and MinVersion -1 is disabled (not recommended).
It's required to change MinDate and MinVersion in the APFS section for macOS versions older than Big Sur.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Hello

Guys, i'm facing problem while install (freash) on my machine

the problem happens duting installation and here is the errors, i got during install process

stuck on this during install

IMG-1061.jpg

than i got this error

IMG-1052.jpg

BTW, it's was installed on my machine same EFI but i was tring to format and got this problem

my hardware

CPU: i9 9900k

Motherboard: Aorus z390 Pro

GPU: Radeon VII

any idea about this problem?

best regards

1 hour ago, jrkman said:

any idea about this problem?

Hi a few questions - Updating from what version OS X to which, are all your kexts the very latest and is OC the latest version?

4 hours ago, eSaF said:

Hi a few questions - Updating from what version OS X to which, are all your kexts the very latest and is OC the latest version?

hello

thank you for reply

currently i want fresh install of 11.5.2 and my all kexts latest update and my opencore version is 0.7.2

in my config System Product is iMac19,1 

btw was everything working, i was just want format and re-install after fail into update to latest version

best regards

4 hours ago, jrkman said:

Hello

This is my EFI folder

Hi - I didn't see much wrong within your EFI Folder but I did make a few small changes based on my system as I am assuming your platform is the same as mine seeing that you have not furnished your profile with the required specs. I don't know how much of a difference they will make but I suggest you try this EFI Folder on the EFI Partition of a test USB Disk and boot off it to see the result. For future reference, when uploading your Folder or anything else pertaining to a query, there is no need to upload it offline (i.e google drive) just compress it and attached to your post here. Also see @Allan recommendation 'How to add a signature' it will help others to help you going forward. Good luck with the EFI Folder attached here, let us know how it goes.

EFI.zip

• Like 3