AudioGod's Aorus Z390 Pro Patched DSDT Mini Guide and Discussion

AudioGod
5,857 posts in this topic

@pkdesign are you sure that an installed app extension isn't interfering with sidebar icons? I had a similar issue with BetterZip, you could check in System Preferences -> Extensions -> Finder Extensions and see which are enabled, try disabling them all and then enable one by one until you find the one to blame (relaunch Finder after enabling/disabling an extension). If the issue is not occurring due to an installed extension, then I'm not sure why that could happen 😕

Edited by panosru
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, panosru said:

@pkdesign are you sure that an installed app extension isn't interfering with sidebar icons? I had a similar issue with BetterZip, you could check in System Preferences -> Extensions -> Finder Extensions and see which are enabled, try disabling them all and then enable one by one until you find the one to blame (relaunch Finder after enabling/disabling an extension). If the issue is not occurring due to an installed extension, then I'm not sure why that could happen 😕

THANK YOU!!!!! That was it. I can’t believe that BetterZip was causing that. WTF? I would have never thought to look at BetterZip!

I just knew the great people on this forum would have an answer for me.

Edited by pkdesign
  • Like 4

@pkdesign yeah, I was struggling with that for a week until I found it out of pure accident, but I'm still using BetterZip, I just have its Finder extension disabled, out of all the archive extractors I tried, BetterZip seems to be working best for me.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Guys, do anyone else face an issue with usb flash disks or external drives getting too hot?

For some reason, when I'm connecting a flash disk or an external usb disk to my hackintosh, after a bit of time, while I copy large amounts of data, the process is stopped, my external disk is disconnected (or frozen), and when I touch it, it is too hot.

I tried all the flash disks and the external disk on a windows pc and they all work fine, I was able to copy what I needed in Windows machine, but I couldn't copy the same data on my hackintosh.

5 hours ago, laxattack said:

Random question, has anyone enabled TPM 2.0 to support Windows 11 and does it work?

Yes - as a matter of fact previously when I installed Monterey I had to disable TPM other wise Monterey would go into a boot loop and if I left it disabled and boot into Windows 11, it would break activation forcing a complete reinstall of Windows 11. With this latest Monterey Beta 7, I did the update with TPM 2.0 enabled without any problems so where the change came about allowing me to do that I don't know but I am happy that I don't have to remember to enable/disable for each OS every time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/27/2021 at 8:16 AM, mariodj said:

Anyone try to back from Monterey to Big Sur ?? i download latest version of Big Sur and now i got a problem to install.

IMG_8177.jpg

Help me please. I try different OC and OSX and every time i got this screen.

on Verbose it stuck on this

IMG_8179.jpeg.b7a433a417ee18251a809fb91c1d6350.jpegIMG_8178.jpeg.e92b91173a07d6eafbafaeaffbf9600d.jpeg

Edited by mariodj

15 hours ago, eSaF said:

Yes - as a matter of fact previously when I installed Monterey I had to disable TPM other wise Monterey would go into a boot loop and if I left it disabled and boot into Windows 11, it would break activation forcing a complete reinstall of Windows 11. With this latest Monterey Beta 7, I did the update with TPM 2.0 enabled without any problems so where the change came about allowing me to do that I don't know but I am happy that I don't have to remember to enable/disable for each OS every time.

Dumb question, where is this setting in BIOS?

1 hour ago, antuneddu said:

Trusted Platform Module (TPM 2.0)

Yes that's where it is on the Gigabyte boards.

The precise location in the BIOS is Settings/Miscellaneous/Intel Platform Trust Technology (PTT).

Edited by eSaF

1 hour ago, pkdesign said:

Got it. Found it.

So...it is okay to enable this setting now? I am still on Mojave if that makes a difference.

If you're testing out Windows 11 you need to enable it for Windows, but some have found, as I did previously, you need to disable it to install/update OS X as it will possibly cause reboot loop, then after you must re-enable it before booting into Windows as it will break Activation, forcing a complete reinstall of Windows. By all account it does not affect Windows 10 only 11 that needs TPM.

PS - With it enabled, it does not affect the running of OS X.

Edited by eSaF
  • Like 2

On 3/5/2021 at 7:19 AM, panosru said:

I followed OpenCore guide here, it recommends to add FF0F0000 instead of 67000000 for NVRAM->Add->7C436110-AB2A-4BBB-A880-FE41995C9F82

In addition, the guide says that you have to add in NVRAM->Delete->7C436110-AB2A-4BBB-A880-FE41995C9F82 a String element with csr-active-config as a value.

1418644922_Screenshot2021-03-05at14_36_02.png.9f52a0af17ab7f35a696edb3b87b523a.png

I tried both FF0F0000 and 67000000, reboot -> reset nvram but csrutil status returns this:

System Integrity Protection status: unknown (Custom Configuration).

Configuration:
	Apple Internal: disabled
	Kext Signing: disabled
	Filesystem Protections: disabled
	Debugging Restrictions: disabled
	DTrace Restrictions: disabled
	NVRAM Protections: disabled
	BaseSystem Verification: enabled

This is an unsupported configuration, likely to break in the future and leave your machine in an unknown state.

I expected to see System Integrity Protection status: disabled message.

What I am doing wrong here? 😕

Have you gotten any response to this? After being made aware of this recently, I started using FF070000 (on Mojave) and it worked well. I do notice that Apple Internal is now enabled and BaseSystem Verification is disabled, unlike your status.

I did not, however, include the NVRAM Delete key. I figured that resetting NVRAM at boot did the same thing.

I do notice that using 67000000 makes Apple Internal disabled and Base Verification enabled. The opposite of FF07000 (or FF0F0000 on my Big Sur laptop). Really odd. Is there another key that does both?

(FYI, I use TotalFinder and I will not live with out it 😆 It has to have SIP disabled in order to work.)

Edited by pkdesign

Hi,

still suffering from Bluetooth issues with latest Monterey b8 ( Wake from sleep - no function at all until reset BT daemon)

i'm wondering someone here w/o any problems operates the same BCM adapter : ABWB 802,11 AC WI-FI + Bluetooth 4.0 PCI-Express (PCI-E) BCM94360CS2  ?

Appreciate any hint or feedback

Cheers

• Sad 1

Hi, I have an issue with USB flash drives or external disks, when I transfer large amount of data, they just stop working after a while. On a Windows machine that I tested it, it is working fine, I also tried to boot via a linux live disk on my hackintosh, and it is working find as well, only via my hackintosh it isn’t working and I'm not sure why 😕 

Also, the USB flash disks are getting very hot! 

On 10/1/2021 at 2:44 PM, texem said:

Hi,

still suffering from Bluetooth issues with latest Monterey b8 ( Wake from sleep - no function at all until reset BT daemon)

i'm wondering someone here w/o any problems operates the same BCM adapter : ABWB 802,11 AC WI-FI + Bluetooth 4.0 PCI-Express (PCI-E) BCM94360CS2  ?

Appreciate any hint or feedback

Cheers

If you are still using SMBIOS iMacPro1,1 then XHC1 is actually in need of a name change as it’s conflicting with Apple's own USB map. 
It’s something I missed when I was using this setup but quickly learned about when I moved over to AMD. This is a general thing not a AMD thing so it totally applies to you but only if you are still using 1,1. (19,1 and 7,1 need no USB Name changes)

Try adding this patch to your ACPI Patches and edit the USBMap.kext to match the name change and see if that helps.

• XHC1 to SHCI:
Key Type Value
Comment String XHC1 to SHCI
Count Number <0>
Enabled Boolean YES
Find Data <58484331>
Limit Number <0>
Replace Data <53484349>
Skip Number <0>
TableLength Number <0>
TableSignature Data <>

Edited by AudioGod
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, AudioGod said:

If you are still using SMBIOS iMacPro1,1 then XHC1 is actually in need of a name change as it’s conflicting with Apple's own USB map. 
It’s something I missed when I was using this setup but quickly learned about when I moved over to AMD. This is a general thing not a AMD thing so it totally applies to you but only if you are still using 1,1. (19,1 and 7,1 need no USB Name changes)

Try adding this patch to your ACPI Patches and edit the USBMap.kext to match the name change and see if that helps.

• XHC1 to SHCI:
Key Type Value
Comment String XHC1 to SHCI
Count Number <0>
Enabled Boolean YES
Find Data <58484331>
Limit Number <0>
Replace Data <53484349>
Skip Number <0>
TableLength Number <0>
TableSignature Data <>

Nice one AG :thumbsup_anim: - Although I am now using 19.1, I will make a note of this in my 'UseFull Notes' for future reference. Cheers Maestro. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, eSaF said:

Nice one AG :thumbsup_anim: - Although I am now using 19.1, I will make a note of this in my 'UseFull Notes' for future reference. Cheers Maestro. 

You can actually check to see if a setup needs a rename simply by running the following Command in terminal.

ioreg -l -p IOService -w0 | grep -i XHC1

If it chucks out a load of info like below then a name change is needed.

Spoiler

D2624D77-82C5-4965-9DDF-643A8238F538.thumb.png.a0508628076cdcdac79320bc6118aa36.png

Edited by AudioGod
  • Thanks 1

Hi buddy,

thanks for the hint.  Still on 1,1 but unfortunately there is nothing wrong with USB mapping . The ioreg cmd returns no output.

In between re-installed b8 completely but nothing better.

In another thread i found that Hackintool doesn't show the BT adapter not only here . it's working until sleep. 

The ID of my adapter 0x0a5c (Broadcom) and 0x828f (Product-ID)

Possibly there is something in the upgraded Monterey kext's missing now ?

Let's wait for the release of 12.0 .

12 minutes ago, texem said:

Hi buddy,

thanks for the hint.  Still on 1,1 but unfortunately there is nothing wrong with USB mapping . The ioreg cmd returns no output.

In between re-installed b8 completely but nothing better.

The CMD command must be broken under Monterey then I guess but you need to do some research and learn about USB bud as your missing my point about it and again I stress if you are using 1,1 without a name change then it’s wrong but don’t take my word for it as it’s very clearly stated in the OC guide too. 

Read!

https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Post-Install/usb/system-preparation.html#checking-what-renames-you-need

Edited by AudioGod

9 minutes ago, texem said:

tnx buddy,

nothing to rename ,  there is no XHC1 on z390pro . Neither in DSDT nor SSDT. it's just XHC

Oh dang, I stand corrected in that case…lol

Edited by AudioGod