AudioGod's Aorus Z390 Pro Patched DSDT Mini Guide and Discussion

AudioGod
5,856 posts in this topic

OpenCore 0.7.0 EFI Update (Big Sur 11.5 Ready), 7th June 2021 

(Use With Bios Revision F12K or Newer)

The EFIs and DSDTs have now been updated to the my latest versions.

Changes made include,

• Lilu 1.5.3,
  • AppleALC 1.6.1,
  • IntelMausi 1.0.6,
  • VirtualSMC 1.2.4,
  • WhateverGreen 1.5.0,
  • OpenCore Updated to Revision 0.7.0 (Big Sur 11.5 Ready),
  • SIP can now be toggled via OpenCanopy,
  • New OpenCanopy Icons,
  • HFSPlus Updated,
  • Plus other minor tweaks and changes to all of the configs,

OpenCore EFI Update v0.7.0 - 07/06/2021

OC 070 19,1 Z390 Pro EFI.zip - OpenCore v0.7.0, SMBios iMac19,1

OC 070 1,1 Z390 Pro EFI.zip - OpenCore v0.7.0, SMBios iMacPro1,1 (IGPU Disabled)

OC 070 19,1 Z390 Pro iGPU ONLY EFI.zip - OpenCore v0.7.0, SMBios iMac19, IGPU ONLY

Note - If your not using a 5700 XT or any other Navi GPU then remove agdpmod=pikera from the boot arguments.

Note 2 - Do not try to carry across your old OpenCore Config.plist to the new EFI as to many changes have occurred in 0.6.9. Use the new Config.plist instead.

For OpenCore Using PlistEdit Pro add your details by modifying the following 

1126595787_Screenshot2020-01-16at19_25_01.png.890a13d93c1ce4f42ee7dedb6d156e1e.thumb.png.b3ab8c747f2ed0d4697eaae541fcd843.png

Sadly this will be my last EFI update for this thread as my focus is no longer on the Intel side of life and it’s hard for me to keep up with little quirks and problems on the EFI side of life. 
Im still here to annoy you all though and the thread will stay alive.

Enjoy and BigUps

AG

Edited by AudioGod
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 4

Thanks, @AudioGod! Just tried it your new 070 19,1 EFI (with my config changes; I'll withhold going ad nauseum unless you ask, but none of them are USB), and USB was non-responsive on restart. Following the discussion, I am not currently running Intel WiFi, but rather still the Fenvi T919. Is your new USBMap.kext assuming the use of Intel WiFi, or is there some other config change I need to make?

Edited by juan e. jot
Addressed to AG

6 minutes ago, juan e. jot said:

Just tried it your new 070 19,1 EFI (with my config changes; I'll withhold going ad nauseum unless you ask, but none of them are USB), and USB was non-responsive on restart. Following the discussion, I am not currently running Intel WiFi, but rather still the Fenvi T919. Is your new USBMap.kext assuming the use of Intel WiFi, or is there some other config change I need to make?

It’s the same usb kext as the last few releases, nothing has changed on that front.

the map does not include internal Bluetooth but the internal usb2 port is mapped

Edited by AudioGod

3 minutes ago, AudioGod said:

It’s the same usb kext as the last few releases, nothing has changed on that front.

the map does not include internal Bluetooth but the internal usb2 port is mapped

Right on, thanks for your quick reply. I'll go through my changes to the config.plist line-by-line and make sure there's nothing else that might be affecting USB vis-a-vis Differences.pdf. Thanks!

4 hours ago, juan e. jot said:

Right on, thanks for your quick reply. I'll go through my changes to the config.plist line-by-line and make sure there's nothing else that might be affecting USB vis-a-vis Differences.pdf. Thanks!

UPDATE: Fully resolved!: It was me being a dork and while UpdateSMBIOSMode remained "Custom", I did not flip "CustomSMBIOSGuid to "true" for some reason. :whistle: With it properly flipped, USB properly works.

Now to either read the tea leaves of Acidanthera's notes on how to update to the latest iMac19,1 firmware that the fruit company meant to install with 11.4, and I assumed Acidanthera would do with OC 070; but it looks like they had to triage & update the iMac14,x firmwares for functionality, so I understand those battles were chosen.

Semi-resolved: the earlier change to UpdateSMBIOSMode that we had discussed on this forum to "Custom," to allow other OSes to recognize themselves as running on real non-fruit company hardware, no longer works to allow one to boot macOS with working USB. The default fallback of "Create" allows USB to work and me to log into macOS, etc. "Custom" remains an option Configuration.pdf (no mention in Differences.pdf). This is with after "Load[ing] Optimized Defaults" and rebuilding recommended options in UEFI, and an NVRAM reset.

I don't have time to research further at this very moment, but I suspect perhaps that telling Settings > IO Ports > USB Configuration > Legacy USB Support > "Enabled" (the default, rather than the recommended "Auto") may allow USB to continue working as expected in macOS and other OSes to know what kind of computer they're actually on. This supposition is because I didn't test every USB port; I just noticed the keyboard and mouse (both USB 1.1, or "Legacy") weren't working, and wasn't able to get logged in to see if USB 3.x drives or anything worked. In actuality, none of the USB ports may have worked, but I wasn't able to check.

I theorize the above not having tried it, with a heavy dose of Your Mileage May Vary. Will update (and edit this) once I've tried it.

Edited by juan e. jot
Add that I had missed CustomSMBIOSGuid flip to "true;" now USB works!
  • Like 1

@juan e. jot That’s weird as I run with the smbios bypassed permanently and my USB is fine. This is on a AMD build though. Still though if it’s happening to you then it should be happening to me too.

Can anybody else confirm or deny a problem with USB using the new EFI and if so is the problem resolved doing what @juan e. jot suggested to fix it?

I just updated to 0.70.

I use Intel wifi and bluetooth.

Works great! What i noticed is that after i add HS14 for Bluetooth to work, the front usb 3.0 connector works with usb sticks but not with my 4.TB external drive(it shows in disk utility but cannot be mounted)

Of course with your Usbmap the front connectors work properly, so there is the conflict. Maybe if i disable an other unused port it will work?

Thnx for everything you have done so far for us!!

Edited by dsynos80

If I followed the discussion correctly. To get the prebuilt WiFi and Bluetooth from the Aorus Mainboard working, you just mapped the HS14 port in the USBMap.kext, right? So HS14 is Bluetooth and WiFi works just OOB?

You don't use any other kext files? like this one: https://github.com/OpenIntelWireless/itlwm 

Sorry for asking many questions, I never thought that this would ever work. But you guys are awesome!

Edited by Blesh

1 hour ago, Blesh said:

If I followed the discussion correctly. To get the prebuilt WiFi and Bluetooth from the Aorus Mainboard working, you just mapped the HS14 port in the USBMap.kext, right? So HS14 is Bluetooth and WiFi works just OOB?

You don't use any other kext files? like this one: https://github.com/OpenIntelWireless/itlwm 

Sorry for asking many questions, I never thought that this would ever work. But you guys are awesome!

The HS14 Port is included the USB mapping to give power to WIFI/B/Tooth. The onboard Intel WIFI/B-Tooth card is not native to Mac OS so you will need this  https://github.com/OpenIntelWireless/itlwm to make it work (can be somewhat flaky in operation) or better still, purchase and fit a combo card compatible to OS X.

On 6/7/2021 at 10:38 PM, AudioGod said:

OpenCore 0.7.0 EFI Update (Big Sur 11.5 Ready), 7th June 2021 

(Use With Bios Revision F12K or Newer)

The EFIs and DSDTs have now been updated to the my latest versions.

Changes made include,

• Lilu 1.5.3,
  • AppleALC 1.6.1,
  • IntelMausi 1.0.6,
  • VirtualSMC 1.2.4,
  • WhateverGreen 1.5.0,
  • OpenCore Updated to Revision 0.7.0 (Big Sur 11.5 Ready),
  • SIP can now be toggled via OpenCanopy,
  • New OpenCanopy Icons,
  • HFSPlus Updated,
  • Plus other minor tweaks and changes to all of the configs,

OpenCore EFI Update v0.7.0 - 07/06/2021

OC 070 19,1 Z390 Pro EFI.zip - OpenCore v0.7.0, SMBios iMac19,1

OC 070 1,1 Z390 Pro EFI.zip - OpenCore v0.7.0, SMBios iMacPro1,1 (IGPU Disabled)

OC 070 19,1 Z390 Pro iGPU ONLY EFI.zip - OpenCore v0.7.0, SMBios iMac19, IGPU ONLY

Note - If your not using a 5700 XT or any other Navi GPU then remove agdpmod=pikera from the boot arguments.

Note 2 - Do not try to carry across your old OpenCore Config.plist to the new EFI as to many changes have occurred in 0.6.9. Use the new Config.plist instead.

For OpenCore Using PlistEdit Pro add your details by modifying the following 

1126595787_Screenshot2020-01-16at19_25_01.png.890a13d93c1ce4f42ee7dedb6d156e1e.thumb.png.b3ab8c747f2ed0d4697eaae541fcd843.png

Sadly this will be my last EFI update for this thread as my focus is no longer on the Intel side of life and it’s hard for me to keep up with little quirks and problems on the EFI side of life. 
Im still here to annoy you all though and the thread will stay alive.

Enjoy and BigUps

AG

Hey AG, I am trying to install the latest EFI you have created but my current config.plist doesn't have something for ROM. It says 0 bytes and there is no information. What do I carry over in this case?

Edited by unknownharris

2 minutes ago, unknownharris said:

Hey AG, I am trying to install the latest EFI you have created but my current config.plist doesn't have something for ROM. It says 0 bytes and there is no information. What do I carry over in this case?

Your rom is your MAC Address from your ethernet port or WiFi. (Leaving out the : )

Edited by AudioGod
  • Like 1

Hi, I'm a more or less novice with hackintosh - a while ago I set up a Mojave on Aorus Z390 pro with a sapphire nitro vega GPU. and was very very happy with it. Now I've upgraded the GPU to 5700xt  which forces me to update my installation to Catalina.

Obviously, my Bios is still f10. I couldn't find the latest EFI that works with f11 and you specifically mention updating to Bios F12K - the download works, but on the gigabyte website the latest update to download is the F12I for the Aorus Pro and the F12K for the Aorus Pro Wifi. Also it seems (according to forums) that the F12 revision slows down the CPU.

Could anybody give me some pointers?

Thanks a lot!!!!

36 minutes ago, diplingy said:

Hi, I'm a more or less novice with hackintosh - a while ago I set up a Mojave on Aorus Z390 pro with a sapphire nitro vega GPU. and was very very happy with it. Now I've upgraded the GPU to 5700xt  which forces me to update my installation to Catalina.

Obviously, my Bios is still f10. I couldn't find the latest EFI that works with f11 and you specifically mention updating to Bios F12K - the download works, but on the gigabyte website the latest update to download is the F12I for the Aorus Pro and the F12K for the Aorus Pro Wifi. Also it seems (according to forums) that the F12 revision slows down the CPU.

Could anybody give me some pointers?

Thanks a lot!!!!

Get the latest bios update that’s listed on the site buddy, if it really does slow your cpu down more then 1 or 2 percent I would be very surprised but you can always roll it back. Saying that I’m sure I have a archive of F12 revisions but try the latest one first and see.

1 minute ago, AudioGod said:

Get the latest bios update that’s listed on the site buddy, if it really does slow your cpu down more then 1 or 2 percent I would be very surprised but you can always roll it back. Saying that I’m sure I have a archive of F12 revisions but try the latest one first and see.

Thanks AudioGod!! (With the site I assume you mean the Gigabyte site. They seem to have a funky alphabet order with I coming before K ;) ) - I'll try tomorrow and give a quick feedback here.

46 minutes ago, diplingy said:

Thanks AudioGod!! (With the site I assume you mean the Gigabyte site. They seem to have a funky alphabet order with I coming before K ;) ) - I'll try tomorrow and give a quick feedback here.

You can download any version you like from the gigabyte website by simply copying the download link of the bios update and pasting it into your browser and then change the Bios revision listed in the link to the one you want and hey presto.

Hello everyone! I was wondering if anyone tried to use USB-C port to connect an HDMI adapter. I bought today the bellow adapter, but the HDMI port didn't work with my Hackintosh, neither it did with various Xiaomi devices nor with a Saumsung A7. USB 3 port worked fine, when I connected a USB flash disk it was recognised by all devices. I will return the item tomorrow and I will swap it with another one, but I was wondering if there is a kext maybe that I have to install in order to USB-C to HDMI to work. Thanks a lot!

PER.581182.jpg.38e69e708aad19d14f42b2787d79c4ef.jpg

10 hours ago, panosru said:

Hello everyone! I was wondering if anyone tried to use USB-C port to connect an HDMI adapter. I bought today the bellow adapter, but the HDMI port didn't work with my Hackintosh, neither it did with various Xiaomi devices nor with a Saumsung A7. USB 3 port worked fine, when I connected a USB flash disk it was recognised by all devices. I will return the item tomorrow and I will swap it with another one, but I was wondering if there is a kext maybe that I have to install in order to USB-C to HDMI to work. Thanks a lot!

PER.581182.jpg.38e69e708aad19d14f42b2787d79c4ef.jpg

It's a USB 3.1 Gen 2. The fact that it uses a USB-C port does not mean it is Thunderbolt or that it supports Video signal pass.

@WizeMan but shouldn't it work at least on mobile? Btw, on the box description it says that it supports Windows and MacOS, therefore I'll return it today and see other options available.

One other question that I have is if this product will be able to work on macOS. I understand that MST technology is not supported by macOS (FFS...) but all I need is to take one feed and split it into two mirrored feeds so I could have my main 4K monitor at 60fps and a second monitor mirroring my main monitor.

^It doesn't work, I called the company :( ^

Edited by panosru

32 minutes ago, panosru said:

@WizeMan but shouldn't it work at least on mobile? Btw, on the box description it says that it supports Windows and MacOS, therefore I'll return it today and see other options available.

One other question that I have is if this product will be able to work on macOS. I understand that MST technology is not supported by macOS (FFS...) but all I need is to take one feed and split it into two mirrored feeds so I could have my main 4K monitor at 60fps and a second monitor mirroring my main monitor.

Unless it's defective, it will work on macOS or Windows but with hardware that supports the passing of video signal through the USB-C / Thunderbolt port. The Aorus z390 Pro does not have this functionality.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

@AudioGod, I saw that you upgraded your wifi/bluetooth card from a BCM94360CS2 802.11AC WI-FI - Bluetooth 4.0 PCIe. Is it worth the upgrade to your newer version, BCM94360NG 802.11AC WI-FI - Bluetooth 4.0? If it was Bluetooth 5.0 I would upgrade in a heartbeat!

- edit, Ohh I think this was a stupid question as I'm seeing that its just a replacement card for the intel card, and your using a different motherboard in your specs as well.

Edited by stavidawg
dumb question

1 minute ago, stavidawg said:

@AudioGod, I saw that you upgraded your wifi/bluetooth card from a BCM94360CS2 802.11AC WI-FI - Bluetooth 4.0 PCIe. Is it worth the upgrade to your newer version, BCM94360NG 802.11AC WI-FI - Bluetooth 4.0? If it was Bluetooth 5.0 I would upgrade in a heartbeat!

Depends really, The two cards are exactly the same but the difference is I used the BCM94360NG to replace the Intel wireless card inside my X570-E instead of using the BCM94360CS2 with a PCIe Adaptor. Performance and the way it works is no different.

Personally I prefer it but if I was using a board without onboard wireless then I wouldn’t hesitate to do the way I was before I switched.

• Like 1

Hi,

I've been having this issue for a while, anyone else experience it? Facetime says "Poor Connection" on my hack, not sure if it's a hack specific issue or MacOS. I have tried formatting and running via ethernet, neither fixed the issues.

Specs -
CPU: Intel i9 9900K
Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus Pro Z390
GPU: Vega 64
Bootloader: OpenCore 0.7.0

204639728_10215943679224775_2910458731062988158_n.jpg

205595940_10215943697585234_6395591057941879680_n.jpg

Edited by Cameron Nicholson

On 6/24/2021 at 7:52 AM, panosru said:

Not necessarily, many/most mobiles that have a USB C port are not USB 3 configured. The vast majority only support USB 2, you can check by looking at the file trasfer speeds. Some have implemented HDMI out via USB C port but not many and even fewer are genuinely USB 3 with video out supported. Basically it's total cr@pshoot when it comes to mobile phone ports & supported protocols.  

Edited by jimborae
  • Thanks 1

@jimborae, yes, that was the case, sorry, I forgot to  update my topic. Xiaomi Mi Max 2 (which is the phone I intended to use the cable), does not support video output from the USB-C, only data transfer and charging. And as @WizeMan pointed, Aorus Z390 Pro, doesn't support video output via USB-C port either.