AudioGod's Aorus Z390 Pro Patched DSDT Mini Guide and Discussion

AudioGod
5,857 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, mariodj said:

But this add is already in your EFI, after boot i got green screen.

What Mac Model is your machine also did you alter the settings in the BIOS for internal Graphics only and save, are you running the latest BIOS version for your board? I don't know how much difference that makes but the EFI Folder is based on Mac Model 19.1 plus Gigabyte BIOS version k.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, eSaF said:

What Mac Model is your machine also did you alter the settings in the BIOS for internal Graphics only and save, are you running the latest BIOS version for your board? I don't know how much difference that makes but the EFI Folder is based on Mac Model 19.1 plus Gigabyte BIOS version k.

i compare your EFI with latest from our God Audiogod , do some small changes and it works now :)

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, AudioGod said:

If I have the time I will try to put up 0.7.4 EFIs for you all when it releases. No promises though but I will try to get it done. 

Please do this every Christmas :)

• Haha 2

I am needing a little help.  I am having trouble accessing recovery mode from boot, is there a simple way to do this?  I am dual booting with windows so I have an OC selection screen at boot up between Windows and MacintoshHD, but no matter how quickly I press command R I cannot seem to access recovery at boot.  That goes for resetting pram as well via Winkey, ALT, P,R.  Do I need to adjust a setting in the EFI config?

Mainly attempting this to disable CSRutil for a cycle to delete a defunct but stubborn system folder in the trash.  I can't disable csrutil it in Big Sur via sudo commands in the terminal

Update:  Search is working and found the answer earlier in this thread.  SPACE Bar at OC boot screen.

Edited by Hifi33
clarifying not booting into Windows while attempting this.

Just going to check in with the more knowledgeable people on the board... My Win10 installation needs a major update, and since my internet is bit slow, I'm plan to do an "upgrade in place" with the offline installer. I've had a couple of issues upgrading Windows with my old P55 Hackintosh when I had MacOS on a separate drive:

1. Installation fails unless I disconnect the other SATA storage devices, or...
  2. The installer puts the Microsoft EFI on Mac formatted drive instead of Windows.

To avoid these problems I'm thinking of trying the following:

1. Disable all SATA ports in BIOS, except Windows of course.
  2. Change the boot order to make sure Windows drive boots without touching the Mac drive's EFI.

MacOS is on the m.2 drive, and I don't see a way to disable it in BIOS. I'd like to avoid physically removing it, since it is inconveniently blocked by the video card.

Any opinion on my approach? Any potential pitfalls I might be missing? Thanks for any advice you might have!

@Project 2501 - Hi it is a pity you can't isolate the OS X disk by removing it as Windows has a habit of trying to be the dominant OS in a multi-booting system and could corrupt the data of the other. You could try and isolate/disable the OS X drive in the BIOS and make Windows the first and only boot disk then do the upgrade/install like that hoping nothing will touch the other OS X disk then when done bring it back in to play as before. Good luck.

On 9/20/2021 at 3:27 AM, eSaF said:

@Project 2501 - Hi it is a pity you can't isolate the OS X disk by removing it as Windows has a habit of trying to be the dominant OS in a multi-booting system and could corrupt the data of the other. You could try and isolate/disable the OS X drive in the BIOS and make Windows the first and only boot disk then do the upgrade/install like that hoping nothing will touch the other OS X disk then when done bring it back in to play as before. Good luck.

Well, I can physically remove MacOS, but would need to remove the video card first... a relatively minor inconvenience, but I'm in a tight space without a lot of working area. I would have to unplug everything, pull the tower off the desk, remove the video card, remove the m.2 card, reverse the process, then repeat to get it all done. I'll just have to reserve more time to do the upgrade I guess... maybe during Thanksgiving Holiday (USA).

Another option is just to manually transfer the Microsoft EFI back to the Windows drive; assuming the Windows installer doesn't mess up the boot sectors (Win7 didn't). Windows put its EFI in a separate directory, so it can co-exist; it's just that Windows becomes dependent on the MacOS drive being functional. So if something happens to the m.2 drive, I can't boot Windows.

Is there a way to disable the m.2 slot in BIOS like the SATA ports? I looked for that setting, but I couldn't find it anywhere (F12j).

Edited by Project 2501

On 9/20/2021 at 7:23 PM, Project 2501 said:

Well, I can physically remove MacOS, but would need to remove the video card first... a relatively minor inconvenience, but I'm in a tight space without a lot of working area. I would have to unplug everything, pull the tower off the desk, remove the video card, remove the m.2 card, reverse the process, then repeat to get it all done. I'll just have to reserve more time to do the upgrade I guess... maybe during Thanksgiving Holiday (USA).

Another option is just to manually transfer the Microsoft EFI back to the Windows drive; assuming the Windows installer doesn't mess up the boot sectors (Win7 didn't). Windows put its EFI in a separate directory, so it can co-exist; it's just that Windows becomes dependent on the MacOS drive being functional. So if something happens to the m.2 drive, I can't boot Windows.

Is there a way to disable the m.2 slot in BIOS like the SATA ports? I looked for that setting, but I couldn't find it anywhere (F12j).

One way of doing it without dismantling the rig, go into the BIOS and choose 'Boot Option Priorities' and highlight the M.2 entry that has OS X installation, hit enter on the keyboard that will bring up a few more options, choose disable then save and hopefully that will isolate Windows from corrupting OS X in the process. When the Windows upgrade/install is done, go back into BIOS and 'Boot Options Priorities' again and enable the M.2 disk and make it the first in line disk to boot then save. All should well.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/20/2021 at 12:30 PM, eSaF said:

One way of doing it without dismantling the rig, go into the BIOS and choose 'Boot Option Priorities' and highlight the M.2 entry that has OS X installation, hit enter on the keyboard that will bring up a few more options, choose disable then save and hopefully that will isolate Windows from corrupting OS X in the process. When the Windows upgrade/install is done, go back into BIOS and 'Boot Options Priorities' again and enable the M.2 disk and make it the first in line disk to boot then save. All should well.

Yes! I was looking all over the place for this. I thought it would be under I/O settings where you could disable SATA ports. I never thought I would need to drill down the boot order settings.

I'll still choose a day when I'll have extra time to fix any problem that might pop up, though...

• Like 2

On 9/20/2021 at 6:27 AM, eSaF said:

I've done this before with varying degrees of success.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, pkdesign said:

I've done this before with varying degrees of success.

I'm hoping that by running the installer within Windows, it will prioritize updating EFI on the Windows drive, even if it somehow detects the MacOS drive after taking "precautions". If something goes wrong, I at least hope that it doesn't mess the boot sectors. Of course, I'll have the bootloader on USB flash drive just in case.

hi friends,

12.0 beta 7 is out and we are able to update via "wrong" SMBIOS but still my sys suffers from Bluetooth Wake from Sleep errors.

Since beta 6 the natively supported BCM96430CS2 returns disconnected from Sleep  -  only a manual restart of the bluetoothd daemon helps (or via slider off/on)

Someone here with same issues and having an idea how to resolve ?

Thanks and cheers

Edited by texem

8 hours ago, texem said:

hi friends,

12.0 beta 7 is out and we are able to update via "wrong" SMBIOS but still my sys suffers from Bluetooth Wake from Sleep errors.

Since beta 6 the natively supported BCM96430CS2 returns disconnected from Sleep  -  only a manual restart of the bluetoothd daemon helps (or via slider off/on)

Someone here with same issues and having an idea how to resolve ?

Thanks and cheers

That's a weird one as Shaneee uses a BCM96430CS2 with Beta 7 with no issues what so ever and I use a BCM94360NG which is the same card but in a smaller form factor so I can replace the intel WLAN on my board with the native card. We are both running Beta 7 and neither of us have any sort of Bluetooth wake issues. Infact Its actually the reverse because we can both wake our System with just one click of the mouse and then the Apple Watch unlocks the system and the screen pops on just like in the old days when DarkWake worked. Everything WLAN wise is not messed with in anyway and no kexts are in play.

don't know what to suggest TBH.

One thing I did notice though thinking about it is I had to use clover not so long ago helping somebody test an EFI and I noticed that the Bluetooth works a lot better and is snappier via Clover but I have no idea as to why...lol...(useless info really) 🤣 

Edited by AudioGod
  • Thanks 1

Hi buddy,

nice to read from you 😀

Cos you're running AMD this might be an important difference ?!

For my taste it's something related to USB.  Right now I'm looking into a glass ball 😇

Someone else i know from with a completely different hardware is sitting in the same boat.

Wondering anyone else here with BT issues ?

Cheers 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, texem said:

Hi buddy,

nice to read from you 😀

Cos you're running AMD this might be an important difference ?!

For my taste it's something related to USB.  Right now I'm looking into a glass ball 😇

Someone else i know from with a completely different hardware is sitting in the same boat.

Wondering anyone else here with BT issues ?

Cheers 

Hi Bro, :)

Possibly but I don’t see how usb would differ from Intel or AMD, the kexts are the same, the patching is the same, only real difference is I have 3 USB controllers so I have all my ports fully mapped and open but that’s irrelevant on a internal USB2 hub. 
That’s got me stumped buddy, interesting  

Edited by AudioGod

I know this isn’t specific to our board but I will ask the question to the nice people here :)

Why do my external hard drives show up as a folder? I thought I had it figured out by setting <ExternalDiskIcons=TRUE> but that didn’t work.

1132863709_ScreenShot2021-09-23at4_36_09PM.jpg.4ab62cf53a72021391888c5d6c15e2a6.jpg

Actually, "Data" and "Windows" are internal SSD drives. "macOS BU" is an external drive.

Edited by pkdesign