AudioGod's Aorus Z390 Pro Patched DSDT Mini Guide and Discussion

AudioGod
5,854 posts in this topic

24 minutes ago, AudioGod said:

@glasgood I hope your good buddy, Could you do me a favour and expand your guide say its for the z390 pro and also the z390 master please? 

Everything is exactly the same with this board and your guide its just a different efi and dsdt so I made a new mini guide for it. :)

Done :thumbsup_anim:

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, AudioGod said:

VirtualSMC.EFI is not needed as it makes no difference if you use it or not  with my EFI so why have the extra UEFI file if you don’t need it?

one of the goals for when I put this EFI together was to keep the EFI as minimal as possible when it comes to drivers and kexts. The DSDT and SSDT do most of the work so my advise is to try my EFI as is instead of bloating with stuff that’s not needed but saying that if you like VirtualSMC.EFI in there then add away my friend  :) 

Update - A fresh boot of Catalina doesn’t need shikgvga=1 to get DRM+ to work on my system. I’m doing a fresh instal as a test and it’s perfect for me with the EFI exactly how it is with no changes needed. Have you used a different bios setup or something?

Thanks for clarifying.  I'm not too experienced with Hackintosh yet so I have a lot to learn.  I'll go ahead and remove the unnecessary EFI when I get home.  Thanks for all your work. 

8 hours ago, AudioGod said:

Update - A fresh boot of Catalina doesn’t need shikgvga=1 to get DRM+ to work on my system. I’m doing a fresh instal as a test and it’s perfect for me with the EFI exactly how it is with no changes needed. Have you used a different bios setup or something?

I think the reason some of us may be requiring shikigva=1 for DRM+ may be because of differences in video cards and we would be running the SSDT for RX series. @hungrywallet I'm curious what video card you are running and if you are using the Vega/Navi SSDT versus the RX SSDT. That's the only difference I can see causing this...

9 minutes ago, tasc said:

I think the reason some of us may be requiring shikigva=1 for DRM+ may be because of differences in video cards and we would be running the SSDT for RX series. @hungrywallet I'm curious what video card you are running and if you are using the Vega/Navi SSDT versus the RX SSDT. That's the only difference I can see causing this...

Good hypothesis. Here are one data point: Radeon VII and Vega56 works perfectly fine. I plugged in my RX 570 and it works too. 

9 minutes ago, larabee said:

Good hypothesis. Here are one data point: Radeon VII and Vega56 works perfectly fine. I plugged in my RX 570 and it works too. 

Interesting, thanks for checking that @larabee. When you plugged in your RX570, did you also switch your SSDT to the RX version? Also, are you running 19,1 SMBIOS with enabled iGPU?

26 minutes ago, tasc said:

I'm using a Sapphire RX580 8GB Nitro with the new 19,1 EFI for RX series.  It's paired with a 9900K, 64GB DDR4 and our board.

46 minutes ago, AudioGod said:

@hungrywallet @tasc have both of you got Above 4G Decoding Enabled in the bios?

disable it if you do and try again without shikivga=1

I believe I have it disabled but I will confirm and share my bios settings with you guys when I get home.

edit: {censored}, just seen that I can get the Wifi edition of this motherboard with integrated Intel CNVi 2x2 802.11ac wireless for cheaper than what I got my current board.  Would this guide still be valid if I decided to to exchange it for the Wifi version?

Edited by hungrywallet

2 hours ago, AudioGod said:

@hungrywallet @tasc have both of you got Above 4G Decoding Enabled in the bios?

disable it if you do and try again without shikivga=1

Above 4G Decoding has always been disabled on my board.  @hungrywallet funny side note, I also had the opportunity to get the wifi board cheaper than the pro but went with the pro anyways because that's what the guide was using (and I don't need wifi).

3 hours ago, tasc said:

Interesting, thanks for checking that @larabee. When you plugged in your RX570, did you also switch your SSDT to the RX version? Also, are you running 19,1 SMBIOS with enabled iGPU?

Yes I will need to switch to RX version, I have friends running RX580 and he has to do a clean installation to get the DRM to work. 

I tested it on both Pro 1,1 and the 19,1. So far, 100% of Apple paid services are working fine. 

@hungrywallet the layout of the PCI-E lane of the wifi version is different so it needs to get DSDT patched again. You can run the DSDT extraction and send to @AudioGod to make sure it's working well. If you want to change board, I suggest you do an upgrade to the Master. Damn fine board. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, larabee said:

Yes I will need to switch to RX version, I have friends running RX580 and he has to do a clean installation to get the DRM to work. 

I tested it on both Pro 1,1 and the 19,1. So far, 100% of Apple paid services are working fine. 

@hungrywallet the layout of the PCI-E lane of the wifi version is different so it needs to get DSDT patched again. You can run the DSDT extraction and send to @AudioGod to make sure it's working well. If you want to change board, I suggest you do an upgrade to the Master. Damn fine board. 

Does the boards WiFi work with Mac? I'm assuming it does being that it's integrated but again I could be wrong.  Either way I think I'll just stick to the Pro.

4 minutes ago, hungrywallet said:

Does the boards WiFi work with Mac? I'm assuming it does being that it's integrated but again I could be wrong.  Either way I think I'll just stick to the Pro.

There is a tiny slot on the top of the board that you can take the wifi module out. That's where the PCI-E layout is changed. 

28 minutes ago, hungrywallet said:

No I’m afraid not, you would need a dsdt with the WiFi patched out.

stick to the board you have and get a pcie WiFi/Bluetooth card that works out the box.

Edited by AudioGod

1 hour ago, hungrywallet said:

Any reason why I can’t boot with the following,

Settings -> IO Ports -> DVMT Pre-Allocated -> 64M

I have to set it to 32M in order to not get the stop sign.

Interesting, if you reset the board and then load back in your settings with it set too 64mb it should work.

its a nvram conflict that’s happening to you (failure to allocate memory kp)

@hungrywallet change DVMT Pre-Allocated -> 64M and DVMT TotalGFX0-Allocated -> Max plus Aperture Size -> 512MB and tell me if that’s better for you please bud?

Edited by AudioGod
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, AudioGod said:

Interesting, if you reset the board and then load back in your settings with it set too 64mb it should work.

its a nvram conflict that’s happening to you (failure to allocate memory kp)

@hungrywallet change DVMT Pre-Allocated -> 64M and DVMT TotalGFX0-Allocated -> Max plus Aperture Size -> 512MB and tell me if that’s better for you please bud?

Reseting the bios worked.  I loaded the CFG unlock profile in your original post, changed a few bios settings and set it to 64M, Max, 512MB and it booted up.

• Like 1

On 11/7/2019 at 5:43 PM, texem said:

Thank you for this!!! I was able to boot, after adding agdpmod=pikera to the config.plist for my Vega 64 to work. Maybe OpenCore will help with my sleep issues. I am also thinking about going to the F11 UEFI BIOS next and will be using your files for that as well!

Edit: Additionally I would love to find out how to have OpenCore auto boot to my Mac SSD Nevermind I figured that out (set it in system preferences)

Edited by laxattack

3 hours ago, laxattack said:

Thank you for this!!! I was able to boot, after adding agdpmod=pikera to the config.plist for my Vega 64 to work. Maybe OpenCore will help with my sleep issues. I am also thinking about going to the F11 UEFI BIOS next and will be using your files for that as well!

Edit: Additionally I would love to find out how to have OpenCore auto boot to my Mac SSD Nevermind I figured that out (set it in system preferences)

nice to hear it works somewhere else ;-) Well take it as an experimental release, f.i. you may not be able to boot Windows from OC because the modified DSDT is not compatible to Win but loaded all the time and therefore you should boot Win via UEFI directly.

And my rig sometimes suffers from Bluetooth lagging or unresponsive after wake from sleep despite of my PCIe BCM card.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, texem said:

nice to hear it works somewhere else ;-) Well take it as an experimental release, f.i. you may not be able to boot Windows from OC because the modified DSDT is not compatible to Win but loaded all the time and therefore you should boot Win via UEFI directly.

And my rig sometimes suffers from Bluetooth lagging or unresponsive after wake from sleep despite of my PCIe BCM card.

I actually just upgraded to F11 and OpenCore 0.5.3, and I had to make sure my iGPU was disabled, but it also works so far, I have to test to see if I can boot windows now ;-) thanks again!

Is anyone able to say how they managed to get Netflix on Safari (DRM) working on the iMac 19,1 SMBios with iGPU enabled?

I can only get DRM (Netflix on safari) working using iMacPro1,1 with iGPU disabled but then I can't use Intel Quicksync.

I have tried with various ig-platform-ids, 3E980003 with 19,1 definition, then also 3E910003, 3E920003 and then also letting Whatevergreen decide automatically which defaults to 3E910003. I also tried shikgvga=1 and slide=0 with no luck.

I also tried various bios options. Enabling / disabling 'Above 4G decoding', setting iGPU DVMT Preallocated to 64MB, 128MB, 192MB then RC6 (render standby) enabled / disabled, then also various power management settings, Native ASPM enabled / disabled, ASPM, PCIE Native Power Management etc all with no luck.

I am aware this guide uses a patched DSDT, what patches do you use specifically for the iGPU and the Navi 5700XT?

Many thanks in advance :D

54 minutes ago, unknown1221 said:

I am aware this guide uses a patched DSDT, what patches do you use specifically for the iGPU and the Navi 5700XT?

Many thanks in advance :D

I think there appears to be a small error in the DSDT. You can use hackintool to manually patch your iGPU to match device ID. We appear to have 3 most common iGPU from Core i3 8xxx, Core i7 8700K, and the i9 9900K. Those 3 have different device id for iGPU, and therefore DSDT must be made for those 3 too. @AudioGod and @MaLd0n is currently looking at this. 

In the meantime, you can use Hackintool to patch your device. Link to the tutorial is as followings: 

https://olarila.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9275

• Like 1

5 hours ago, larabee said:

I think there appears to be a small error in the DSDT. You can use hackintool to manually patch your iGPU to match device ID. We appear to have 3 most common iGPU from Core i3 8xxx, Core i7 8700K, and the i9 9900K. Those 3 have different device id for iGPU, and therefore DSDT must be made for those 3 too. @AudioGod and @MaLd0n is currently looking at this. 

In the meantime, you can use Hackintool to patch your device. Link to the tutorial is as followings: 

https://olarila.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9275

I didn't know about that but will try that now. So which Platform ID should I use then from Hackintool for my 8700k?

3E980003, 3E910003 or 3E920003?

Many thanks for the tip, I appreciate it :)

uhm uhm uhm @AudioGod remember my problem with Netflix+Safari? ...uhm switch from 1.1 to 19.1 and Netflix work great on Safari...but...only for preview...when i switch play, got error (but is for DRM ...this time no freeze at all!) ... lol i watch it in fhd on Chrome + 1080patch LooooL btw it's too strange... maybe i will try with clean install but i think it not resolve this issue... :\ investigate mode turn another time on ON! LoL

15 minutes ago, ilcondannato said:

uhm uhm uhm @AudioGod remember my problem with Netflix+Safari? ...uhm switch from 1.1 to 19.1 and Netflix work great on Safari...but...only for preview...when i switch play, got error (but is for DRM ...this time no freeze at all!) ... lol i watch it in fhd on Chrome + 1080patch LooooL btw it's too strange... maybe i will try with clean install but i think it not resolve this issue... :\ investigate mode turn another time on ON! LoL

LoL hey buddy :hysterical:

Yes I found what the problem is last night and will correct it ASAP (it’s a tiny error within the dsdt) 

if you want a short term fix then do what @larabee suggested a couple of posts back but as soon as I can get hold of @MaLd0n  we will resolve it and repair the dsdt. 
Hold Tight mr :thumbsup_anim:

• Like 1