AudioGod's Aorus Z390 Pro Patched DSDT Mini Guide and Discussion

AudioGod
5,856 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, AudioGod said:

just a wild guess here but it could have something to do with the T2 chip not being there. You could try changing to smbios 19,1 with or without the igpu enabled and see if that resolves it. (If igpu enabled then add slide=0 and your probably need a battery bios reset to get it to boot in for the first time)

Yeah I'm already on smbios 19,1 with igpu enabled and slide=0, so wouldn't be a T2 chip issue. Looks like it is working for others, so I'll have to start investigating other possibilities.

On 11/3/2019 at 12:07 AM, AudioGod said:

just updated weg to 1.3.4 and your be fine again bud

Hello buddy! sadly upgraded WEG but problem still here (maybe is just less frequent)

On 11/3/2019 at 12:05 AM, texem said:

why didn't you upgrade WEG to 134  ?

Because I usually tend to NOT touch anything when it's working :)

please is there anything else I can try?

maybe are the VGTAB settings injected?

Should I share my EFI?

Screenshot 2019-11-05 at 10.04.56.png

I'm not having a lot of luck with this.

CPU: i7 8700k + Corsair Hydro H150i

board: z390 Aorus Pro (f11 BIOS)

gpu: XFX RX 5700 XT Thicc II 8gb

ram: Corsair Vengeance 32GB (4x8GB) DDR4 3000

I've set all my BIOS settings to those spelled out in this guide, except for BIOS guard which I cannot find in F11.  "Intel Platform Trust Technology" is disabled though.

After running the shell command to create the installer, I've mounted the EFI and pasted the contents of AudioGods Z390 Pro EFI VEGA Navi Radeon VII F11 DSDT.zip.

Booting from the USB shows me the normal Clover boot screen, then I'm able to select the option to install Catalina.  When I select it, I don't get the normal scrolling text.  Everything goes black for several seconds, and then I see the attached image.

This is using a 1080p monitor connected via HDMI.  When I connected to a 4k tv, I got the same behavior except with a lot more of the black space.

I'm pretty novice when it comes to hackintoshing, and right now I'm pretty lost.  Any help would be appreciated.

IMG_1061.jpg

6 hours ago, crytz said:

I'm not having a lot of luck with this.

CPU: i7 8700k + Corsair Hydro H150i

board: z390 Aorus Pro (f11 BIOS)

gpu: XFX RX 5700 XT Thicc II 8gb

ram: Corsair Vengeance 32GB (4x8GB) DDR4 3000

I've set all my BIOS settings to those spelled out in this guide, except for BIOS guard which I cannot find in F11.  "Intel Platform Trust Technology" is disabled though.

After running the shell command to create the installer, I've mounted the EFI and pasted the contents of AudioGods Z390 Pro EFI VEGA Navi Radeon VII F11 DSDT.zip.

Booting from the USB shows me the normal Clover boot screen, then I'm able to select the option to install Catalina.  When I select it, I don't get the normal scrolling text.  Everything goes black for several seconds, and then I see the attached image.

This is using a 1080p monitor connected via HDMI.  When I connected to a 4k tv, I got the same behavior except with a lot more of the black space.

I'm pretty novice when it comes to hackintoshing, and right now I'm pretty lost.  Any help would be appreciated.

IMG_1061.jpg

I have a 5700 XT too and it works with my EFI but it’s not right yet thanks to Catalina so I’m still using a Vega56 for now and will try it again with the next os update.

try this anyway, go into the clover config and remove the agdpmod=pikera and -cdfon boot flags and try again buddy. :) 

32 minutes ago, larabee said:

@AudioGod WhateverGreen is still not optimized for it. Do you feel adventurous ? Remove WEG and see if it works :) 

I can run my 5700xt with the current WEG kext and it works for me. Not great mind you but it works..lol

i sure don’t get a garbled green screen anyway.

At first many thanks to @AudioGod and all the beautiful minds who made this build possible.

I'm still on Mojave 10.14.6, thus I went with  an older EFI (Z390 Pro DSDT EFI.zip) and BIOS F10 with small changes though.

BIOS Settings:

• BIOS → Windows 8/10 Features → Other OS
• BIOS → CSM Support → Disabled
• MIT → Advanced Memory Settings  → Extreme Memory Profile (X.M.P) → Enabled
• Peripherals → Initial Display Output → PCIe 1 Slot
• Peripherals → Trusted Computing → Security Device Support →  Disabled
• Peripherals → USB Configuration → Legacy USB Support →  Auto
• Peripherals → USB Configuration → XHCI Hand-off →  Enabled
• Peripherals → Network Stack Configuration → Network Stack →  Disabled
• Peripherals → SATA And RST Configuration → SATA Mode Selection →  AHCI
• Chipset → Vt-d → Disabled (I don't need it)
• Chipset → Internal Graphics : Enabled
• Chipset → DVMT Pre-Allocated : 32M
• Chipset → DVMT Total Gfx Mem : 128M
• Chipset → Above 4G Decoding : Enabled
• Chipset → Audio Controller → Enabled
• Chipset → Wake on LAN Enable : Disabled
• Power → Platform Power Management → Enabled
• Power → ErP → Enabled
• Power → RC6 (Render Standby) → Disabled

I've had sound distortions with the original EFI thus I've changed the following:

config.plist:

<key>Devices</key>
	<dict>
		<key>Audio</key>
		<dict>
			<key>AFGLowPowerState</key>
			<true/>
			<key>Inject</key>
			<string>11</string>
			<key>ResetHDA</key>
			<true/>
		</dict>

and updated:

- Lilu.kext to 1.3.9

- AppleALC,kext to 1.4.3

To Do:

- About this Mac showing I9 instead of I7

- Hot-Swap on SATA devices - thanks to @eSaF

Any suggestions how to fix them would be much appreciated.

Again, many thanks for this build.

Mojave 10.14.6.png

Geekbench 4.3.1.png

Geekbench 4.3.1 Compute.png

Info Bench.png

Info Compute.png

LuxMark.png

Hardware-Encoding.png

USB.png

sound.png

Edited by noctrl
Edited ToDo's

2 hours ago, noctrl said:

- Hot-Swap on SATA devices

If I remember correctly you need to add this patch to your config.plist also in the BIOS you need to enable 'Hot Swop' for that particular port. Good luck.

Name - com.apple.driver.AppleAHCIPort

Find    - 40600200

Replace - 00000000

Comment - Patch Hotplug

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have 2 questions:

1. Has anyone had any issues with random kernel panics when the computer is sleeping similar to this "Kernel Extensions in backtrace:
         com.apple.driver.watchdog(1.0)" ?

2. Has anyone had any success with OpenCore Bootloader?

2 hours ago, eSaF said:

If I remember correctly you need to add this patch to your config.plist also in the BIOS you need to enable 'Hot Swop' for that particular port. Good luck.

Name - com.apple.driver.AppleAHCIPort

Find    - 40600200

Replace - 00000000

Comment - Patch Hotplug

Perfect! Thanks a lot for that one. It works like a charm. Beside that the external icon patch included in the config.plist must be an InfoPlistPatch!

<dict>
				<key>Comment</key>
				<string>External Icons</string>
				<key>Disabled</key>
				<false/>
				<key>Find</key>
				<string>45787465726E616C</string>
				<key>InfoPlistPatch</key>
				<true/>
				<key>Name</key>
				<string>AppleAHCIPort</string>
				<key>Replace</key>
				<string>496E7465726E616C</string>
			</dict>

hotplug.png

Edited by noctrl
Added a screenshot
  • Like 1

Hi Everyone,

Just joined.  This Hackintosh thing has been quite a journey for me over the last month.

Gigabyte Z390M Gaming + i3-9100F to i5 9600K to then deciding to return everything and just dual boot on my main rig (i7-7700K, Asus Z270G Strix board).  I had just got that finally working perfectly the day before yesterday and then I got the upgrade itch.  Switched out the board in my main rig with this beautiful beast, dropped in an i9-9900K, 64 GB DDR 3200, and an RX 580. (Main rig had a Water Cooled GTX 1080 which decided to poop itself the other day).  After a few hiccups here and there with the installer seeming to stall at 11 minutes remaining I decided to call it a night (3:30AM) and this morning I woke up to a complete install. Yay!  Then I ran into this thread this morning and wish I'd had stumbled on it yesterday to save me hours of headaches.  I think I'll do a fresh install again today following this guide just for the heck of it.

Anyway I have a question,  I'd like to understand why are we going with iMacPro 1,1 in this guide instead of 19,1?

Thanks for any input, I included some pictures of my build.  I'll take some better pictures of the rig once I run new tubing and clean the dust off the bad boy.

IMG_0383.JPG

IMG_0380.JPG

IMG_0374.JPG

IMG_0377.JPG

• Like 1

@hungrywallet Hey buddy, I’m glad my thread and EFI has helped you,  i went with macpro1,1 as myself @larabee and @glasgood ran countless amounts of tests and found smbios macpro1,1 to be a lot more friendly with the nvram and in tests it scored higher. Also myself and @larabee prefer not having the igpu enabled and again smbios macpro1,1 just fits the bill better.

Saying all of that though there’s nothing wrong with iMac19,1 and it works perfectly with my EFI so if you want to switch to it then just add the flag slide=0 into the clover config and enable the igpu in the bios. If it doesn’t want to boot after you do that then all you have to do is pull the battery from the motherboard for a minute or two and then load back in your Bios profile and away you go.

little tip, if you Want to use a Vega or Radion VII or Navi gpu then unlock MSR on your motherboard and that will prevent those pesky memory allocation failures at startup. :)

Edited by AudioGod
  • Thanks 1

@hungrywallet the key point is pulling out the battery and load the bios profile after unlocking. iMac 19,1 will give you sidecar functionality. 

@AudioGod I freaking reflash my Pro with F10 then flash it back to F11, then unlock MSR, pull the battery out and left it overnight. Damn finally it complies. With the first 10 boot KP, it starts to boot just fine. Looks like I have a riot motherboard haha. 

4 hours ago, larabee said:

@hungrywallet the key point is pulling out the battery and load the bios profile after unlocking. iMac 19,1 will give you sidecar functionality. 

@AudioGod I freaking reflash my Pro with F10 then flash it back to F11, then unlock MSR, pull the battery out and left it overnight. Damn finally it complies. With the first 10 boot KP, it starts to boot just fine. Looks like I have a riot motherboard haha. 

@larabee at last...lol...and do you prefer it or or have you run back to macpro1,1?

also change your boot flags in your config and make it more vanilla like the old EFI so just darkwake=0, slide=0 and dark=0 and remove the Broadcom kext fixes too. 

Edited by AudioGod

4 hours ago, AudioGod said:

@larabee at last...lol...and do you prefer it or or have you run back to macpro1,1?

also change your boot flags in your config and make it more vanilla like the old EFI so just darkwake=0, slide=0 and dark=0 and remove the Broadcom kext fixes too. 

I've gone back to iMac Pro 1,1 for the moment, but now I can do whatever the heck I want. I think reflashing the bios + battery reset clear all of the problems now. 

I've removed all Broadcom kexts. I don't really need 'em anyway. 

• Like 1

On 11/4/2019 at 8:03 PM, tasc said:

Yeah I'm already on smbios 19,1 with igpu enabled and slide=0, so wouldn't be a T2 chip issue. Looks like it is working for others, so I'll have to start investigating other possibilities.

I got the DRM video playback working by adding shikigva=1 to my boot args. Not sure why I have to do this, but it works.

I'm running 19,1 with enabled intel igpu. I'm injecting "AAPL,ig-platform-id" = <0300983e> to configure headless mode for the igpu.

Anyone know why I have to use that bootarg (shikigva) to make DRM work? I'm running on an AMD 560. Just want to make sure I'm not compromising something else by running that setting - DRM playback is not THAT important to me, but would like to have it working.

14 minutes ago, tasc said:

I got the DRM video playback working by adding shikigva=1 to my boot args. Not sure why I have to do this, but it works.

I'm running 19,1 with enabled intel igpu. I'm injecting "AAPL,ig-platform-id" = <0300983e> to configure headless mode for the igpu.

Anyone know why I have to use that bootarg (shikigva) to make DRM work? I'm running on an AMD 560. Just want to make sure I'm not compromising something else by running that setting - DRM playback is not THAT important to me, but would like to have it working.

you dont need to inject the igpu, its all already done via the dsdt.

that could be why

remove it and shikigva=1 and try again bud

ive just updated the efi to make it iMac19,1 so download it and try it as is.

Edited by AudioGod

19 minutes ago, AudioGod said:

you dont need to inject the igpu, its all already done via the dsdt.

that could be why

remove it and shikigva=1 and try again bud

ive just updated the efi to make it iMac19,1 so download it and try it as is.

Thanks @AudioGod. What did you update in the EFI? Something in the config.plist or something in the DSDT? Just trying to figure out what (if anything) needs to be updated on my side.

Update: Just tried without explicitly injecting platform and removing shikigva arg but it doesn't work, same issue as before. Also I noticed that when not injecting my platform, its injecting "3E910003" instead of "3E910008". I think back in the day, Glasgood told me that I should be using the last one based on my cpu i7 9700k.

Edited by tasc

13 minutes ago, tasc said:

Thanks @AudioGod. What did you update in the EFI? Something in the config.plist or something in the DSDT? Just trying to figure out what (if anything) needs to be updated on my side.

not a lot really, added slide=0 For IGPU enabled, removed some bootflags and kexts, kext updates, smbios change and that's your lot.

we have also made a Simple way to unlock your MSR, its up on the guide now with instructions if you want to do it.

unless of course your coming from the old EFI and still running bios f10 then in that case its pretty major and I advise you flash to the new F11 bios and use the new EFI as a lot has changed including the DSDT

Edited by AudioGod

Current EFI Updated 08/11/2019 

Minor changes made to the clover config, kexts updated plus now using SMBIOS iMac19,1 with iGPU enabled for fully working sidecar

Z390 Pro EFI VEGA Navi Radeon VII F11 DSDT iMac19,1.zip - Use with Bios revision F11 Only (Catalina 10.15.1 Vega, Navi, Radeon VII DSDT Installed) 

Z390 PRO EFI RX F11 DSDT iMac19,1.zip - Use with Bios revision F11 Only (Catalina 10.15.1 RX5XX DSDT Installed)

CFG Unlock (MSR) F11 BIOS Profile - The Easy Way 

Highly recommended if your using a Vega 56/64, Radeon VII or Navi GPU

@larabee Has kindly made this bios profile for you all to use that will unlock CFG on your motherboard making it play alot more friendly with the NVRam.

It also has all the bios settings listed on this guide pre done and saved onto the profile.

MSR Unlocked

1 - Download the profile and save it to a USB Key

2 - Go into the bios,

3 - Load the profile, 

4 - Save and exit

5 - Go straight back into the bios and save your bios to a new profile and name it Default CFG Unlocked or something like that.

6 - Reset your Motherboard by removing the power cable and then remove the battery from the motherboard for a minute or two to clear out the bios fully.

7 - Go back into your bios and load back in the saved profile you made,

8 - Boot back into Catalina go into your clover config and under Kernal and Kext Patches Uncheck KernalPM 

9 - Save the changes and then restart and your done, your motherboard will now be CFG (MSR) Unlocked

PLEASE NOTE - If you reset the bios or load bios defaults it will clear the Unlock making CFG Locked again. 

Edited by AudioGod
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, tasc said:

Same here.  Had to use the shikigva=1 flag to get DRM+ content to play in Apple TV+.  This is after a fresh install of the newly uploaded EFI for RX/F11/19,1.

Question, any reason why the EFI doesn't include the VirtualSMC.efi driver?  I manually dropped it in my driver folder seeing that the VirtualSMC kext is being utilized.

6 hours ago, hungrywallet said:

Question, any reason why the EFI doesn't include the VirtualSMC.efi driver?  I manually dropped it in my driver folder seeing that the VirtualSMC kext is being utilized.

VirtualSMC.EFI is not needed as it makes no difference if you use it or not  with my EFI so why have the extra UEFI file if you don’t need it?

one of the goals for when I put this EFI together was to keep the EFI as minimal as possible when it comes to drivers and kexts. The DSDT and SSDT do most of the work so my advise is to try my EFI as is instead of bloating with stuff that’s not needed but saying that if you like VirtualSMC.EFI in there then add away my friend  :) 

Update - A fresh boot of Catalina doesn’t need shikgvga=1 to get DRM+ to work on my system. I’m doing a fresh instal as a test and it’s perfect for me with the EFI exactly how it is with no changes needed. Have you used a different bios setup or something?

Edited by AudioGod
  • Like 2

Have switched over to SMBIOS for iMac 19,1 ( sidecar ) and still using AptioMemoryFix,  added slide=0 and all perfect with @AudioGod's latest EFI. New BIOS update F11 is fantastic, finally no more bloody runtime allocation errors.  Added some recent BIOS screenshots to mac OS Catalina guide.

Happy hackintoshing everyone!!! :thumbsup_anim:

• Like 1

@glasgood I hope your good buddy, Could you do me a favour and expand your guide say its for the z390 pro and also the z390 master please? 

Everything is exactly the same with this board and your guide its just a different efi and dsdt so I made a new mini guide for it. :)