AudioGod's Aorus Z390 Pro Patched DSDT Mini Guide and Discussion

AudioGod
5,857 posts in this topic

49 minutes ago, hungrywallet said:

Which board-id should I be injecting?  Also, is there any negatives to just using the shiki flag?

I get this in console when trying to play DRM content on Apple TV+

<<<< FigStreamPlayer >>>> fpfs_StopPlayingItem: [0x7f8eb3542220|] <0x7f8eb504ba00|> #Version: 1.0
#Software: AppleCoreMedia/1.0.0.19B88 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10_15_1; en_us)
#Date: 2019/11/12 19:38:21.021
#Fields: date time uri cs-guid s-ip s-ip-changes sc-count c-duration-downloaded c-start-time c-duration-watched bytes c-observed-bitrate sc-indicated-bitrate c-stalls c-frames-dropped c-startup-time c-overdue c-reason c-observed-min-bitrate c-observed-max-bitrate c-observed-bitrate-sd s-playback-type sc-wwan-count c-switch-bitrate
- - https://play-edge.itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZPlayLocal.woa/hls/subscription/stream/playlist.m3u8?cc=US&g=240&cdn=ap&a=1481395893&p=61958201&st=300400362&a=1481533238&p=62012511&st=301001842 D090E964-10CB-4A1D-90F8-B46F099961F7 - - 0 0.000 0.000 0.000 0 0.000 2203830 0 0 - 0 11 -1.000 0.000 - VOD 0 -

Send me a copy of your current EFI and il take a look at it tomorrow at some point for you as I’m off to bed now, (uk time) :thumbsup_anim:

1 hour ago, larabee said:

what device ID do you have on your nitro+ RX580? 

0x67df

As per injecting shiki values and board id's.. cant say the ones i tried work either..  1, 32,64 etc .. boot options like 

shikigva=96 shiki-id=Mac-7BA5B2D9E42DDD94

have gave 0 success for me .. cant say i exhausted all the shiki values but these made sense when i used them.

From this manual

https://github.com/acidanthera/WhateverGreen/blob/master/Manual/FAQ.Shiki.en.md

i had little success either with the resetting of DRM values, mainly got not found back .. The other hw decoder values i aint tried yet in any anger.. its in the post but im not sure how it will go .. 

1 hour ago, hungrywallet said:

Which board-id should I be injecting?  Also, is there any negatives to just using the shiki flag?

I get this in console when trying to play DRM content on Apple TV+

If i use iMac19,1 i get a black screen with ATV+ with 9900k and iGPU enabled, if i disable this iGPU in BIOS and use iMacPro1,1 it works fine for me.  I inject no board id or have any other values in graphics or devices > properties. Only Netflix and safari am i having a problem with.. Would not surprise me if this was all a Safari problem since everything else works ...

EDIT -- Whats funny is upon reading old posts of mine here, i came across one from 2015 where i state i have no idea how to make HTML5 work on Safari and Netflix ... fsck me .. i have been looking at this problem for years .. just didn't know it :) . back then i used Silverlight and probably i was caring not that it did not work but i was more interested in the fact i had a perfect(ish) iMac 13,2 running on a 3770k and a GTX970, Unix with a smile im sure id have been thinking :) ... 

Edited by Cass67

27 minutes ago, Cass67 said:

If i use iMac19,1 i get a black screen with ATV+ with 9900k and iGPU enabled, if i disable this iGPU in BIOS and use iMacPro1,1 it works fine for me.  I inject no board id or have any other values in graphics or devices > properties. Only Netflix and safari am i having a problem with.. Would not surprise me if this was all a Safari problem since everything else works ...

EDIT -- Whats funny is upon reading old posts of mine here, i came across one from 2015 where i state i have no idea how to make HTML5 work on Safari and Netflix ... fsck me .. i have been looking at this problem for years .. just didn't know it :) . back then i used Silverlight and probably i was caring not that it did not work but i was more interested in the fact i had a perfect(ish) iMac 13,2 running on a 3770k and a GTX970, Unix with a smile im sure id have been thinking :) ... 

Well, injecting shikigva=36 & shiki-id=Mac-7BA5B2D9E42DDD94 fixed Apple TV+ for me.  Let's see what's up with Netflix now.

16 minutes ago, hungrywallet said:

Well, injecting shikigva=36 & shiki-id=Mac-7BA5B2D9E42DDD94 fixed Apple TV+ for me.  Let's see what's up with Netflix now.

ffs, this is fsking random .. im sure of it :)

Thought 36 fixed it for me .. beer and clicking random {censored} and i was in chrome .. sigh

Upside is i have diff error, no hangs .. S7111-5059

Edited by Cass67

14 minutes ago, Cass67 said:

ffs, this is fsking random .. im sure of it :)

EDIT .. HOLY FSK .. i just launched Designated Survivor on Neflix, in Safari using your values .. WTF .. good work man... iMacPro1,1 and RX580 Nitro+ works (so far) with your values .. where did 36 come from ?? 

Netflix doesn't work for me on 19,1 with those settings.on Safari.  I got 36 from the following,

// Replace board-id used by AppleGVA by a different board-id.
// Sometimes it is feasible to use different GPU acceleration settings from the main mac model.
// By default Mac-27ADBB7B4CEE8E61 (iMac14,2) will be used, but you can override this via shiki-id boot-arg.
// See /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/AppleGVA.framework/Resources/Info.plist for mor details.
ReplaceBoardID = 32,

// Prior to 10.13.4 certain GPU+CPU combinations were not meant to provide hardware acceleration and had to be patched.
// The overall problematic configuration list is: NVIDIA+BDW, NVIDIA+SKL, NVIDIA+KBL, AMD+IVB, NVIDIA+SNB.
// Enabled automatically if shikigva is *NOT* passed on 10.13.3 and earlier. All are fixed in 10.13.4.
ForceCompatibleRenderer = 4,

7 minutes ago, hungrywallet said:

Netflix doesn't work for me on 19,1 with those settings.on Safari.  I got 36 from the following,

// Replace board-id used by AppleGVA by a different board-id.
// Sometimes it is feasible to use different GPU acceleration settings from the main mac model.
// By default Mac-27ADBB7B4CEE8E61 (iMac14,2) will be used, but you can override this via shiki-id boot-arg.
// See /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/AppleGVA.framework/Resources/Info.plist for mor details.
ReplaceBoardID = 32,

// Prior to 10.13.4 certain GPU+CPU combinations were not meant to provide hardware acceleration and had to be patched.
// The overall problematic configuration list is: NVIDIA+BDW, NVIDIA+SKL, NVIDIA+KBL, AMD+IVB, NVIDIA+SNB.
// Enabled automatically if shikigva is *NOT* passed on 10.13.3 and earlier. All are fixed in 10.13.4.
ForceCompatibleRenderer = 4,

Hmm, stupid browser thinks im behind a vpn now .. does not hang, does not crash, does not give any drm style error .. just tells me 

If you experience the error code S7111-5059 on your Mac computer, it indicates that our systems have detected that you are connecting via a VPN, proxy, or “unblocker” service. Because our content library can vary by region and these types of connections are frequently used to bypass geolocation methods, you will not be able to stream when connected in this way.

I am not at this time ..... disabled vpn and reboot.. close it would seem .. close... 

36 minutes ago, Cass67 said:

Hmm, stupid browser thinks im behind a vpn now .. does not hang, does not crash, does not give any drm style error .. just tells me 

If you experience the error code S7111-5059 on your Mac computer, it indicates that our systems have detected that you are connecting via a VPN, proxy, or “unblocker” service. Because our content library can vary by region and these types of connections are frequently used to bypass geolocation methods, you will not be able to stream when connected in this way.

I am not at this time ..... disabled vpn and reboot.. close it would seem .. close... 

are you on iMacPro1,1?

10 minutes ago, Cass67 said:

yes

I'm getting the following on 19,1.

Netflix Error S7363-1260-FFFFD089

If you experience the error code S7363-1260-FFFFD089 on your Mac computer, it typically points to information stored on your browser that needs to be refreshed. Follow the troubleshooting steps below to resolve the issue.

Tried clearing my Safari info, no go.  Might make the switch to Pro 1,1 am hesitant to since I always have to end up calling Apple to fix my iMessages.

Edited by hungrywallet

2 hours ago, hungrywallet said:

I'm getting the following on 19,1.

Tried clearing my Safari info, no go.  Might make the switch to Pro 1,1 am hesitant to since I always have to end up calling Apple to fix my iMessages.

If you want to avoid issues with iMessages and iCloud when switching SMBIOS, make sure to logout of all of that stuff before making the switch.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Cass67 said:

On IMacPro 1,1 ATV+ works fine with this, Safari is the same, hang then reboot.

I've noticed my system has been lagging a bit lately  Like the cursor will skip around, etc and yesterday I actually had it appear like my system just froze but then after a few minutes(lol) I was able to move the mouse again.  I'm thinking it has something to do with me messing with DRM fixes or going from RX580 -> 5700XT -> RX580 (each time I changed to corresponding EFI version in OP).  I'm tempted to start fresh again and reinstall macOS.

Edited by hungrywallet

@hungrywallet here you go mate,

put your details back in and try now.

dont add anything else to the boot arguments or anything else and try the EFI as is.

I have injected your igpu for you though clover. Apple TV should work now for you under this EFI. :)

let me know on the thread if it works for you now?

HungryWallet 9900k 19,1 EFI.zip

also make sure CSM is disabled in the bios if it’s not already.

Edited by AudioGod
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, AudioGod said:

@hungrywallet here you go mate,

put your details back in and try now.

dont add anything else to the boot arguments or anything else and try the EFI as is.

I have injected your igpu for you though clover. Apple TV should work now for you under this EFI. :)

let me know on the thread if it works for you now?

HungryWallet 9900k 19,1 EFI.zip

also make sure CSM is disabled in the bios if it’s not already.

Thank you!, I'll try it out once I get home for lunch.

4 minutes ago, hungrywallet said:

So just tried it.  Netflix on Safari works, Apple TV+ doesn't.  Thanks for trying!

No no don’t give up just yet that’s half way there

ok so now add one line to the config  shikigva=1

reboot and try Apple TV again

Edited by AudioGod

14 minutes ago, AudioGod said:

No no don’t give up just yet that’s half way there

ok so now add one line to the config  shikigva=1

reboot and try Apple TV again

shikigva=1, Safari Netflix works, AppleTV doesn't.

shikigva=4, Safari Netflix works, AppleTV doesn't.

No shiki flag, Safari Netflix works, AppleTV doesn't.

4 minutes ago, hungrywallet said:

shikigva=1, Safari Netflix works, AppleTV doesn't.

shikigva=4, Safari Netflix works, AppleTV doesn't.

No shiki flag, Safari Netflix works, AppleTV doesn't.

@larabee what do you reckon?

ive injected headless igpu via clover and he’s Safari is now working with Netflix but not Apple TV. They should both be working at this point should they not?

ideas buddy?

Edited by AudioGod

41 minutes ago, AudioGod said:

@larabee what do you reckon?

ive injected headless igpu via clover and he’s Safari is now working with Netflix but not Apple TV. They should both be working at this point should they not?

ideas buddy?

With headless iGPU patch within device properties in config.plist, Shiki value is not needed as it's working properly, but you can force GVA to be used on intel iGPU by shikigva=1. As long as Netflix works, it's the DRM taken care of by the iGPU. AppleTV+ does tie in with your board ID, serial and UUID, so if it's different then you will run into trouble. Log out of your account then login. Make sure the information in SMBIOS is correct. Refer to Glasgood imessage guide. That works for me everytime.

@hungrywallet is it still the same error you had? 

7 minutes ago, larabee said:

With headless iGPU patch within device properties in config.plist, Shiki value is not needed as it's working properly, but you can force GVA to be used on intel iGPU by shikigva=1. As long as Netflix works, it's the DRM taken care of by the iGPU. AppleTV+ does tie in with your board ID, serial and UUID, so if it's different then you will run into trouble. Log out of your account then login. Make sure the information in SMBIOS is correct. Refer to Glasgood imessage guide. That works for me everytime.

@hungrywallet is it still the same error you had? 

Thanks.  I’ll try it again in a few minutes and report back.