AudioGod's Aorus Z390 Pro Patched DSDT Mini Guide and Discussion

AudioGod
5,857 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, hungrywallet said:

Thanks.  I’ll try it again in a few minutes and report back.

A tip for working with hackintosh smbios: Save all of your info in RTvariables and SMBIOS so when you switch SMBIOS, you don't run into apple signin problem. 

THe fact that you have to call apple when you switch SMBIOS signified that there's something wrong in apple authentication on your account due to SMBIOS info mismatched.

@AudioGod With netflix taken care of, there's nothing wrong with iGPU or DRM issues. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, larabee said:

A tip for working with hackintosh smbios: Save all of your info in RTvariables and SMBIOS so when you switch SMBIOS, you don't run into apple signin problem. 

THe fact that you have to call apple when you switch SMBIOS signified that there's something wrong in apple authentication on your account due to SMBIOS info mismatched.

@AudioGod With netflix taken care of, there's nothing wrong with iGPU or DRM issues. 

Once I get it working I tend to use the same SMBIOS info between installs.  I've only changed it once when I moved my install from a Gigabyte Z390M + 9600K to my current build.  What instructions moving forward do you recommend I follow when generating this information?  Thanks!

29 minutes ago, hungrywallet said:

Once I get it working I tend to use the same SMBIOS info between installs.  I've only changed it once when I moved my install from a Gigabyte Z390M + 9600K to my current build.  What instructions moving forward do you recommend I follow when generating this information?  Thanks!

Personally I have two EFI’s with two sets of serials and info in them and I keep them separate so I don’t mess up my iMessage and iCloud info. So When I move from 1,1 to 19,1 I log out of 1,1 and then remove it from my iCloud info via my iPad or iPhone and then log in as my 19,1 EFI. That way Apple sees it as me with two different systems with two different sets of info and done.

no need to ever get in touch with Apple about anything what so ever and if you do your taking a risk!

Edited by AudioGod
  • Like 1

Just now, hungrywallet said:

I’m Performing a clean install.  I want to start fresh again.

I did the same thing the other day with my system and it was the best move ever...lol

my system needed it big time.

you absolutely fine to use time machine to restore your data after you clean instal. Works beautifully.

2 minutes ago, AudioGod said:

you absolutely fine to use time machine to restore your data after you clean instal. Works beautifully.

Just realize with Apple File System, time machine works significantly faster than before.

I most of the time use migrate assistant if that's 2 different SMBIOS. Just telling Apple: Hey, I'm moving my stuff onto another mac. :) 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, AudioGod said:

I did the same thing the other day with my system and it was the best move ever...lol

my system needed it big time.

:cry:

Netflix in Safari works though.  Apple TV now opens a full screen but doesn't proceed to play videos yet.  I think it's something to do with my SMBIOS.

Screen Shot 2019-11-13 at 12.42.53 PM.png

Edited by hungrywallet

2 minutes ago, hungrywallet said:

:cry:

Netflix in Safari works though.  Apple TV now opens a full screen but doesn't proceed to play videos yet.  I think it's something to do with my SMBIOS.

You cannot play video if you're not logged in with Apple. Please go to this guide: 

Scroll down to the Part 6 where you see the iMessage setup. Follow the instruction there. 

Does anyone know how to get a Windows 10 installation on a separate disk to show up under 'Startup Disk' of System Preferences? I only have my MacOS install showing up there currently.

I read somewhere that with the Opencore boot loader you can change default boot disks via 'Startup Disk'.

Thanks in advance :D

@hungrywallet I think I might of worked out what your problem is with Apple TV, I noticed when I was repairing your EFI that your not using the Airportfixup.kext and if I remove it from my system everything works as normally or so you think until you online game and then you notice how bad your ping and stutter really is. this also effects players that stream so I just tried now without airportfixup.kext to play a stream via appletv and I got all sorts of trouble like hanging and massive pauses where you think its not playing or a black flash instead of playback but as soon as I put the kext back and reboot its perfect again so in conclusion drop the airportfixup.kext back into your Kexts folder in clover and reboot and try it again (make sure the EFI is as I sent it to you plus your details and no extra flags then what I added) I bet you it works buddy :)  

Edited by AudioGod
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, unknown1221 said:

Does anyone know how to get a Windows 10 installation on a separate disk to show up under 'Startup Disk' of System Preferences? I only have my MacOS install showing up there currently.

I read somewhere that with the Opencore boot loader you can change default boot disks via 'Startup Disk'.

Thanks in advance :D

I don't think you can on clover but why would you want to do that anyways???????????????

isn't that what your clover startup splash is for? :cry:

Edited by AudioGod

1 hour ago, AudioGod said:

@hungrywallet I think I might of worked out what your problem is with Apple TV, I noticed when I was repairing your EFI that your not using the Airportfixup.kext and if I remove it from my system everything works as normally or so you think until you online game and then you notice how bad your ping and stutter really is. this also effects players that stream so I just tried now without airportfixup.kext to play a stream via appletv and I got all sorts of trouble like hanging and massive pauses where you think its not playing or a black flash instead of playback but as soon as I put the kext back and reboot its perfect again so in conclusion drop the airportfixup.kext back into your Kexts folder in clover and reboot and try it again (make sure the EFI is as I sent it to you plus your details and no extra flags then what I added) I bet you it works buddy :)  

Thanks I’ll try it once I get home.  Been thinking of getting the designaré :angel_not:

Thanks I’ll try it once I get home.  Been thinking of getting the designaré :angel_not:

It’s an awesome board, I use the master (basically the same minus the thunderbolt) and I think it’s the best z390 board out of the lot by a mile. I have used the designare many times too. :) 

19 minutes ago, hungrywallet said:

Check this one out of you want to try that board. I will follow your footstep pretty soon after I finish all of my projects this months haha. 

1 hour ago, AudioGod said:

I don't think you can on clover but why would you want to do that anyways???????????????

isn't that what your clover startup splash is for? :cry:

He wants to restart into windows without choosing at clover. A novelty i guess. 

I always use UEFI boot selection from bios to boot to windows. Less headache. 

54 minutes ago, AudioGod said:

It’s an awesome board, I use the master (basically the same minus the thunderbolt) and I think it’s the best z390 board out of the lot by a mile. I have used the designare many times too. :) 

I can get the Master or Designare for about the same price.  Which do you recommend for Hackintoshing?

14 minutes ago, larabee said:

Designare is way better in my opinion if you need thunderbolt. 

Depends on your needs but @larabee is right.

if you don’t use thunderbolt and have no need for it then get the master. One thing about the designare is that is has a lot of trouble working correctly with aptiomemoryfix.efi and you probably end up having to use the naughty free2000 driver instead.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AudioGod said:

Depends on your needs but @larabee is right.

if you don’t use thunderbolt and have no need for it then get the master. One thing about the designare is that is has a lot of trouble working correctly with aptiomemoryfix.efi and you probably end up having to use the naughty free2000 driver instead.

I love to live dangerously, so... Free2000, I embrace thee. Mald0n used it in his guide too. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, larabee said:

I love to live dangerously, so... Free2000, I embrace thee. Mald0n used it in his guide too. 

He had to switch to it because of the troubles. Pre Cat he was using aptiomemoryfix for that guide too.

a lot of people have been forced to do the thing tbh, we are some of the lucky ones :ph34r:

• Like 1

Lol, not sure which to go with then.  I don't have any thunderbolt devices but that's because I don't have any thunderbolt ports on anything.  Nor can I think of a good use case in my scenario for TB ports.  :worried_anim:  I'm also tired of pulling the battery out of my current board so I'd like to go with whatever is more Hackintosh friendly and has better community support.

Lol, not sure which to go with then.  I don't have any thunderbolt devices but that's because I don't have any thunderbolt ports on anything.  Nor can I think of a good use case in my scenario for TB ports.  :worried_anim:  I'm also tired of pulling the battery out of my current board so I'd like to go with whatever is more Hackintosh friendly and has better community support.

Equal on that front bud. If you want to stop pulling the battery or hitting f11 at startup then swap out aptiomemoryfix for free2000 and it will end.

• Like 1