AMD High Sierra Kernel Release and Testing

1,119 posts in this topic

Can't install Nvidia Property Web Driver. That Warning ALL the time. I try to change SIP from 0x67 to 0x0 but I got error and kernel won't load on start. 

macOS wont load if you enable SIP . 

- Install the latest Nvidia Web Driver for 10.13 #17A405 (ignore the warning ) and dont restart yet .

- Copy liluNVWebDriverLibValFix kexts in EFI/CLOVER/kexts/others folder

- Open config.plist , untick inject NVidia and tick NvidiaWeb

- Now save and restart

if you are following my video . i have already mentioned this in the GUIDE.rtf .  :) 

Has anyone noticed any issues with bluetooth audio? Im having the "crackle" in bt audio and the speed of music is slightly slower. Strange i know.. Any ideas?

as you have overclocked cpu try adding "busratio=xx" flag 

replace xx with your busratio i.e  CPU speed (Mhz) / Bus speed (Mhz) = busratio

It's working when I click Continue but... performance. Freezes, resizing window .... terrible. 

u installed the latest driver ?

https://images.nvidia.com/mac/pkg/378/WebDriver-378.10.10.10.15.117.pkg

Has anyone noticed any issues with bluetooth audio? Im having the "crackle" in bt audio and the speed of music is slightly slower. Strange i know.. Any ideas?

Clover boot arg busratio=xx must match the actual mobo bios setting.    3.5GHZ = busratio=35, 3.0GHz = busratio=30.    Audio timing will not match if these aren't the same setting.    If your doing that check to see that you don't have any clover cpu settings that contradict the settings.    

This applies to my Gigabyte board but Gils mentioned it in Sierra testing of Audio with his Asus mobo.

Bluetooth on Ryzen is finicky, PCIE wifi bluetooth adapters don't seem to work but reports of USB bluetooth dongles may work.    

Update:   Got my IOGear USB bluetooth dongle working.    It must be the USB fixes.

Gigamaxx, do you use 480 or RX Vega? Is 480 stable with lilu and whatever?

RX 480 is more stable due to better drivers my reference 480 has been running in OS since last year and the improvements are huge over the initial support.    I was quite surprised to see Vega audio mature so quickly we could never get RX 480 audio to work until Sierra 12.6.    Vega drivers are not perfect but they are much more advanced than the Polaris drivers were during the launch of Sierra last year.   If you look there are many new kexts in there for AMD cards, but apple giveth and apple can taketh away.

post-1753549-0-98550200-1508010148_thumb.png

• Like 1

Clover boot arg busratio=xx must match the actual mobo bios setting.    3.5GHZ = busratio=35, 3.0GHz = busratio=30.    Audio timing will not match if these aren't the same setting.    If your doing that check to see that you don't have any clover cpu settings that contradict the settings.    

This applies to my Gigabyte board but Gils mentioned it in Sierra testing of Audio with his Asus mobo.

Bluetooth on Ryzen is finicky, PCIE wifi bluetooth adapters don't seem to work but reports of USB bluetooth dongles may work.    

Update:   Got my IOGear USB bluetooth dongle working.    It must be the USB fixes.

RX 480 is more stable due to better drivers my reference 480 has been running in OS since last year and the improvements are huge over the initial support.    I was quite surprised to see Vega audio mature so quickly we could never get RX 480 audio to work until Sierra 12.6.    Vega drivers are not perfect but they are much more advanced than the Polaris drivers were during the launch of Sierra last year.   If you look there are many new kexts in there for AMD cards, but apple giveth and apple can taketh away.

They are putting vega into iMac Pro.  It is best to wait until December.

Im guessing it may be in the usb. Im running an AMDFX 8350 and using an IOGear USB dongle. Its always worked on all hacks ive done before. Just till now. Also Clover in my boot logs seems to be configuring my overclock correctly. It sees FSB at 200 and clock speed at 4600mhz. But i may need to make some modifications. Im also using VoodooTSCSync.kext. 

Im guessing it may be in the usb. Im running an AMDFX 8350 and using an IOGear USB dongle. Its always worked on all hacks ive done before. Just till now. Also Clover in my boot logs seems to be configuring my overclock correctly. It sees FSB at 200 and clock speed at 4600mhz. But i may need to make some modifications. Im also using VoodooTSCSync.kext. 

My USB clover settings.    The external icons patch is for Sierra I have the correct one on another drive, they are all yellow but they show.   

I'm using kext to patch for raising the port limits.     Clover settings shown you can also try High Current for USB 3.1 but it might burn out a USB 3.0 port if its assigned there.     I removed all USB fixes from clover and there are none in S/L/Extensions or Library folder.

There is no USB 2.0 working on my Front Case panel, but the rear 2.0 works.    The front panel is the internal board connector like the Pcie Bluetooth adapter.   It may be that these aren't recognized in the OS or not ported properly.    I've been looking into the USBInjectAllkext method but it seems Intel compatible only.    Maybe someone can look into it and give it a try.   

post-1753549-0-57642200-1508012608_thumb.png

Almost want to get Vega64 and update ...

Might as well, the new iMac Pro will support both Vega56/64 and should be released soon™ 

Thank you @bronya @gigamax and the other members for the help. testing hs in my ryzen 1700 @ 3.8ghz whit b350 mortar. no usb fixes or kexts all usb is working oob. for 660 ti use the lilu +NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext without the inject Nvidia in clover and the hdmi audio works. ethernet works. shutdown. restart works. I don't test the sleep yet. and the integrated audio its not working. I know whit voodoohda he works but I use the audio of the 660 ti. sorry for the bad English.

edit1. the sleep is working perfect. only left to make work the internal audio (the voodoohda its not my first option I prefer dsdt edit, clover injection or some kexts) and try to make work the FaceTime and iCloud.

Ahhh you're so lucky, my USB 3.1 and 3.0 doesn't work properly...same chipset too B350  :blush:  

My USB clover settings.    The external icons patch is for Sierra I have the correct one on another drive, they are all yellow but they show.   

I'm using kext to patch for raising the port limits.     Clover settings shown you can also try High Current for USB 3.1 but it might burn out a USB 3.0 port if its assigned there.     I removed all USB fixes from clover and there are none in S/L/Extensions or Library folder.

There is no USB 2.0 working on my Front Case panel, but the rear 2.0 works.    The front panel is the internal board connector like the Pcie Bluetooth adapter.   It may be that these aren't recognized in the OS or not ported properly.    I've been looking into the USBInjectAllkext method but it seems Intel compatible only.    Maybe someone can look into it and give it a try.   

Dummy kext made all of my USB2 ports work by routing them to USB3.

Mine doesn't state "USB" in system report. But my USB 2.0 ports seem to be working normally. Im only using genericUSBXHCI.kext in clover/kexts/other. Im also not using any kexts to patch methods. 

post-1420666-0-29349500-1508013839_thumb.png

• Like 1

Can you upload that kext for me :blush:? AppleUSBXHCIPCI for some reason I don't have it which might explain some of my issues.

Audio studder fixed. Clover CPU settings were jacked up. All works normal now. Thanks!

post-1420666-0-24111600-1508014850_thumb.png

bootlog.log.txt

In my case to run without "AppleUSBXHCI" loop errors needs only one kext "DummyUSBEHCIPCI.kext". I tried to remove "AppleUSBXHCI.kext" and use "USBfix" but nothing changes, behavior still the same as with only "DummyUSBEHCIPCI.kext" without any additional changes. (Except the names in system information)
post-1442930-0-46235500-1508014778_thumb.jpg post-1442930-0-66746900-1508016011_thumb.jpg

Dummy kext made all of my USB2 ports work by routing them to USB3.

The only ones not working are the front case 2.0, and possibly motherboard header ports.   I have 6 USB 3.0 ports, 2 USB 3.1 type A, and 2 USB 2.0 ports working.    Theres a 3.1 typeC but I don't use it (thunderbolt support?).  Basically the whole rear panel works and the front USB 3.0 case ports.    

kexts.zip

config.plist.zip

Mine doesn't state "USB" in system report. But my USB 2.0 ports seem to be working normally. Im only using genericUSBXHCI.kext in clover/kexts/other. Im also not using any kexts to patch methods.

Hmm.  This is what my USB tab looks like. All of my USB ports seem to be working though. I'm on the C6H.

nJo7bzR.png

I was having the same problem as you guys earlier. I went ahead and did a reformat and reinstall of High Sierra. Once you get to the post installation phase, make sure to use kernel_kext_install instead of post as XCiLNZ mentioned and the problem should be fixed. I tried replacing what was removed originally, but it just didn't work, re-install seems to be the only fix atm. Full USB 3.0 and 3.1 working, just a similar issue with Gigamaxx; the front panel usbs aren't working.

post-1312076-0-10579700-1508096103_thumb.png

I was having the same problem as you guys earlier. I went ahead and did a reformat and reinstall of High Sierra. Once you get to the post installation phase, make sure to use kernel_kext_install instead of post as XCiLNZ mentioned and the problem should be fixed. I tried replacing what was removed originally, but it just didn't work, re-install seems to be the only fix atm. Full USB 3.0 and 3.1 working, just a similar issue with Gigamaxx; the front panel usbs aren't working.

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2017-10-14 at 6.14.45 PM.png

Thanks. I was hoping a reinstall wasn't the solution.

Edit: Did a full reinstall and still have the same issue. I never installed his USB fix.

Volume III teaches tricks for IOS jailbreak. The first two volumes are foundation great for Hackintosh.

BTW, You can build a prelinked kernel like this.

kextcache -q -z -a x86_64 -l -n -c /var/tmp/kernelcache.test -K /var/tmp/kernel.test /System/Library/Extensions

How about rebuilding kernel cache on usb high sierra installer?tia