1,119 posts in this topic

Hello Bronya,

i did all of your tips.. 

I added the AppleATIATA.kext in Clover

tryed following flags:

-v -f npci=0x2000

-v -f npci=0x3000

I followed the Video - everything... 

nothing changed.. its always APCI Error, AppleKeystore::start and Whatevergreen failed to load, but most to,e ACPI HPET SSDT Error

i made all like the tutorial video

Update1: I can change the complete EFI with the one of Giga and its still the same error

Update2: I set bios to defaults (this helped me with 12.6) but same error 

Update3: I flashed and updated BIOS from my MSI Board - same error ending with FakeSmcKeyStore: started

Update4: I currently downloading High Sierra new and will make all steps again.. Same Error. Acpi Error

Update5: I installed an other Graphic Card - Same Error. 

Update6: I deinstalled all kext only used fakesmc and nullcpu.. same..

Update7: When i use OsxAptioFix2Drv i got kernel cache error loading

UPDATE8: I GOT TO INSTALLER ... with my old plist. config from 10.12.6 (will figure out whats goin on)

UPDATE9: Install goes flawlessly perfect - but boot from Installed HDD doesnt work (kernel cache error) (i'll try to boot with the usb stick in mac hdd)

UPDATE10: Vega makes the WOOSH Sound at beginning of language,keyboard.. but ethernet brought to reboot... again booting with usb stick and clicked on "no ethernet for now" ... now it goes further.. stay tuned

I'm in the system now.. Graphics says: AMD RX xxx 8GB (i think i deleted whatever and lilu, but will take a look) I used MacPro as SMBios  - YES i only used Fakesmc and cpuNull

Whats not working:

Ethernet 

Audio

Boot from HDD (only via USB Stick to HDD) 

Shutdown / Restart 

USB 3 (2 is working)

Whats working:

4k Monitor (3840x2160) @30HZ via HDMI (will test DP)

30 Bit Colour ARGB2101010

NEXT Steps:

I added EFI from USB Stick to Main HDD (now its booting) 

I now have to add whatevergreen, lilu and usb kexts to S/L/E or? And what Kext i have to use? 

I think following list: 

DummyUSBEHCIPCI

DummyUSBXHCIPCI

GenericUSBXHCI

Lilu.kext

Lilu sys

Whatever.kext

Whatever sys

EthernetIntel (will search this)

i will have to add all these to S/L/E or? and repair rights after?

what is with cpunullpower, vodoohda and fakesmc?

The added USB kext killed all my usb 3 and 2 .. only 2 of 10 working.. so i will delete them...

The Lilu and Whatever got reconize my Vega 56 correctly.. will test the graphic soon... (i deleted the usb and generic.. and now it show RX *** again.. with the kext it shows the Vega 56... wtf? 

i have to find a solution for ethernet... and a wifi and bluetooth solution.. (i used ethernet / usb from apple converter.. not working..)

Does someone knows a kext for: 

Sound Realtek ALC1220

LAN Intel® i211AT (i tryed AppleIGB.kext - not working)

USB is bad.. sometimes a port working.. sometimes not.. i have to pull out some time keyboard and mouse to get it to work..

The couriosity is....

When i boot witj DummyUSB and Generic USB it reconize my AMD Radeon Vega 56 8 GB.. when i'm boot without it show RX **** 8GB... wtf?

USB 3.0 isnt working.. 2.0 sometimes... can help me some one with it???? 

UPDATE: Is not to do with it.. sometimes "About my Mac" Shows Vega 56 ...sometimes only AMD RX xxx 8GB

Maybe i have to delete Whatever? 

BENCHMARK:

Cinebench R15 - OpenGL: 65Fps.. Cpu: 1400 cb

Geekbench 3 - not working because of ethernet.. 

NEW UPDATE: 

My Kext in S/L/E 

FakeSMC

NullCPUPowerManagement

Whatevergreen.kext and dSYM (will try to delete this because of vega)

LiluKext and dSYM

IOGraphicsFamily

IONDRVSupport

AppleBacklightExpert

IOPCOFamily

AudioAUUC

apfs.kext

FakePCIID

FakePCIID_Intel_Gbx

AppleIGB 

Whats not working:

Audio (got someone an Idea?)

Shutdown / Restart 

Full Acceleration of Vega (only 60cb..) will try to delete Whatever and after Lilu.

Whats working:

4k Monitor (3840x2160) @30HZ via HDMI (will test DP)

30 Bit Colour ARGB2101010

Ethernet (with AppleIGB.kext)

USB 3 and 2 (deletet Dummy and Generic) 

Boot from HDD 

post-2255651-0-63548000-1507883082_thumb.png

post-2255651-0-91937000-1507894114_thumb.jpg

I made a tutorial on High Sierra for AMD 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydHyAmxPb_Y&feature=youtu.be

UPDATE : To install supplemental updates by from App Store on HS :

- Install the update from App Store and hit restart (and it will start installing the update)

- Then insert your HS USB and boot to it . Then open terminal and run the pre command (as shown in the above video)

- Restart back to clover boot menu and select "Boot Install macOS from <Your-HS-Disk-Name> and boot to it to continue to installation.

- when done ! again boot to USB and open terminal and type the post command (as shown in the above video)

- Restart back to clover boot menu and select "Boot macOS from <Your-HS-Disk-Name> and proceed to boot .

EXTRA:  If anyone wants to install and try HS beta releases .

They can install the package attached below and after installing , open Appstore  and check for Updates and you will see the beta update releases.

After installing beta releases just follow the same UPDATE procedure i mentioned above. 

EDIT: - I tried bronya HS kernel (ryzen support)  on 10.13.1 beta 2 but it didn't work / boot ( but the prelinkedkernel was built successfully)  

- I tried Shaneee's HS kernel (no ryzen support) and it works on 10.13.1 beta 2

whats working and not working on 10.13.1 beta 2 ? : - Sound works , Ethernet works 

- USB works , but doesnt work properly ! (  usb needs to be connected at boot time or if it wont get detected in OS )       

AIN026lIQHWS5aU0ylisew.png

macOSDeveloperBetaAccessUtility.pkg.zip

• Like 2

Installed High Sierra CPU Benchmarks are the same as Sierra.

Cheers,

@Bronya amazing work!

The only thing that's not working is USB 3.1 or USB 3.0 (relegates to 2.0)

post-1312076-0-61490800-1507943549_thumb.png

It's also worth noting that if you format your hard drive to APFS, you will not lose your EFI partition from Sierra.

So no need to re-install Clover when you finish installing, just move your kexts from 10.12 to Other.

Edit: Also, full support for my M.2 SSD EVO 960 without the need for kext patches, but thank you @Pike R. Alpha for the patches so we could use them in Sierra!

Would anyone be willing to upload the vanilla SPUSBReporter.spreporter for me? It's located in /System/Library/SystemProfiler/

• Like 1

Insert pendrive on any usb port then remove it and plug it another usb port and it will detect the pendrive

apparently the issues dont lie with the usb installation the installlation is fine it went through but upon setting up account i get no usb mouse or keyboard input

Cheers,

Bronya amazing work!

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2017-10-13 at 9.05.43 PM.png

It's also worth noting that if you format your hard drive to APFS, you will not lose your EFI partition from Sierra.

So no need to re-install Clover when you finish installing, just move your kexts from 10.12 to Other.

Edit: Also, full support for my M.2 SSD EVO 960 without the need for kext patches, but thank you Pike R. Alpha for the patches so we could use them in Sierra!

Would anyone be willing to upload the vanilla SPUSBReporter.spreporter for me? It's located in /System/Library/SystemProfiler/

Thats good news on the 960 NVME drive, those are great, affordable drives.    

• Like 1

apparently the issues dont lie with the usb installation the installlation is fine it went through but upon setting up account i get no usb mouse or keyboard input

This is because of the post file you ran after the install, specifically:

# Installs USBFIX
printf "\n=> Applying USB FIX\n"
cp -Rf ./USBfix/*.kext /Volumes/$VOLUME/System/Library/Extensions/

The way to fix this is to boot into the usb, go into terminal and remove

DummyUSBEHCIPCI.kext
DummyUSBXHCIPCI.kext
GenericUSBXHCI.kext

from /S/L/E, they shouldn't be in there anyways. If people need them, they should be in the Clover kext folders ;)

This is because of the post file you ran after the install, specifically:

# Installs USBFIX
printf "\n=> Applying USB FIX\n"
cp -Rf ./USBfix/*.kext /Volumes/$VOLUME/System/Library/Extensions/
The way to fix this is to boot into the usb, go into terminal and remove

DummyUSBEHCIPCI.kext
DummyUSBXHCIPCI.kext
GenericUSBXHCI.kext
from /S/L/E, they shouldn't be in there anyways. If people need them, they should be in the Clover kext folders ;)

Because of this reason i made three scripts in the postinstall folder

If you dont want the usb fix then just run kernel_kext_install command instead of post command from PostInstall folder

I made a tutorial on High Sierra for AMD 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydHyAmxPb_Y&feature=youtu.be

Excellent tutorial, thank you so much for your work! One thing, its looks like you have a typo in "GUIDE.rtf". "YOUR-USB/.IABootFile/" should be "YOUR-USB/.IABootFiles/".

Also I'm stuck at forbidden sign after "Still waiting for root device " when booting the installer. 

post-1442930-0-67865300-1507964735_thumb.jpeg

Used kexts: 

​AHCIPortInjector.kext

DummyUSBEHCIPCI.kext
DummyUSBXHCIPCI.kext
FakeSMC.kext
GenericUSBXHCI.kext
Lilu.kext
NullCPUPowerManagement.kext
WhateverGreen.kext

Excellent tutorial, thank you so much for your work! One thing, its looks like you have a typo in "GUIDE.rtf". "YOUR-USB/.IABootFile/" should be "YOUR-USB/.IABootFiles/".

Also I'm stuck at forbidden sign after "Still waiting for root device " when booting the installer. 

attachicon.giffullsizeoutput_116.jpeg

Used kexts: 

​AHCIPortInjector.kext

DummyUSBEHCIPCI.kext
DummyUSBXHCIPCI.kext
FakeSMC.kext
GenericUSBXHCI.kext
Lilu.kext
NullCPUPowerManagement.kext
WhateverGreen.kext

1st try shutting down the pc completely and then try again.

2nd if that didnt work then try hot swapping the pendrive .

insert pendrive on a usb 2.0 port and as soon as you see ++++++++++++++++++++++ message swap it to usb 3.0 port 

3rd if that didnt work too then try the below attached prelinkedkernels one by one

and thanks for spotting the mistake . i will fix it : ) 

• Like 1

Ok it boot and run.Using Nvidia card probably an old card that Apple care less.Are ATI card hit and misses type then ?? I try for mine HD7750 using the  Nvidia card as an helper card didn't get it to work also ,it just goes into sleep mode (Black screen display).

1st try shutting down the pc completely and then try again.

2nd if that didnt work then try hot swapping the pendrive .

insert pendrive on a usb 2.0 port and as soon as you see ++++++++++++++++++++++ message swap it to usb 3.0 port 

3rd if that didnt work too then try the below attached prelinkedkernels one by one

and thanks for spotting the mistake . i will fix it : ) 

Using a USB 3.1 port for the pendrive helped, thanks. I successfully installed High Sierra, the only problem is USB ports behave strangly. 
USB 3.1 ports doesn't work at all. USB 2.0 ports successfully determine mouse and keyboard but cannot determine any type external storages (flash, HDD, etc).

EDIT: Also when I add "APFS.efi" to "EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI" clover stops running. It just stuck with a white underscore on a black screen.

Does someone have an Idea why my Vega doesnt have full acceleration?

And does someone knows, how to fix my audio? ALC1220?

UPDATE: with deleting Lilu Kext i got Kernelpanic..

For audio use VoodooHDA kext

Using a USB 3.1 port for the pendrive helped, thanks. I successfully installed High Sierra, the only problem is USB ports behave strangly.

USB 3.1 ports doesn't work at all. USB 2.0 ports successfully determine mouse and keyboard but cannot determine any type external storages (flash, HDD, etc).EDIT: Also when I add "APFS.efi" to "EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI" clover stops running. It just stuck with a white underscore on a black screen.

The usb 3.0 ports work but needs more than one trail

Eg: insert pendrive on usb 3.0 port then remove it and plug it again on another usb 3.0 port. And it gets detected

Thank you! Voodoo HDA works for me! 

Do you have an Idea with my Graphic? Lilu and Whatever i'm using currently 

Update: 

Geekbench: 

Single 3100 and Multi 24131
Geekbench OPEN CL

Whats not working:

Full Acceleration of Vega i think 

Imessage 

When i now boot with slide and nvidea vesa its goeing to give me an boot error:

OsxAptioFixDrv: Error - requested memory exceeds our allocated relocation

when i delete the both bootflags it boots. 

For audio use VoodooHDA kext

The usb 3.0 ports work but needs more than one trail

Eg: insert pendrive on usb 3.0 port then remove it and plug it again on another usb 3.0 port. And it gets detected

I tried several external USB-drives, and none of them was detected. I tried different USB 3.1 and USB 2.0 ports. Although mouse and keyboard was successfully detected when plug in to USB 2.0 port. 

UPDATE:

I did some tests and find out that without this kexts stored in S\L\E (for some reason they doesn't work in clover kext directory) I cannot even boot system because of AppleUSBXHCI loop.

DummyUSBEHCIPCI.kext
DummyUSBXHCIPCI.kext
GenericUSBXHCI.kext

Also its looks like changes made in "SPUSBReporter.spreporter" and "VDC.plugin" doesn't affect my system at all (maybe problem is here?) . USB 3.1 ports doesn't work at all, USB 2.0 work only with mouse, keyboard and graphical tablet, any external USB drives aren't recognized. 

Cheers,

@Bronya amazing work!

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2017-10-13 at 9.05.43 PM.png

Edit: Also, full support for my M.2 SSD EVO 960 without the need for kext patches, but thank you @Pike R. Alpha for the patches so we could use them in Sierra!

SPUSBReporter.spreporter.zip CoreMediaIO.framework.zip