AMD High Sierra Kernel Release and Testing

1,119 posts in this topic

Yes,

Two times, UFI and THE EFI, both dosent worked :(

You need apfsEFI in drivers64efi clover folder.

apfs.efi.zip

Thank you!!! I was bummed out it wasn’t working! Great job! Sierra high works good on my machine no issues only sometimes it takes a few times to boot up

Anyway to install without new installation?

Just run script?!

No, if you made a USB installer following the directions you could just replce these folders and try new command.    But you will need to make a USB installer for this to work.

try by removing the following efi drivers as they are not needed

CsmVideoDxe-64.efi 

- PartitionDxe-64.efi

- EmuVariableUefi-64.efi

also put the latest apfs.efi in driver64UEFI from BaseSystem.dmg/usr/standalone/i386/apfs.efi

I tried, Clover doesn't run in UEFI mode with apfs.efi in driver64UEFI. The only way to get it work, on my hardware, is put apfs.efi inside driver64 and run Clover in legacy mode. Installer runs fine, my older already installed system runs fine too. But with the new one on apfs after "PreInstall/pre” and reboot I got "AppleIntelCPUPowerManagementClient: ready" and kernel panic when UI was usually shown.

I tried, Clover doesn't run in UEFI mode with apfs.efi in driver64UEFI. The only way to get it work, on my hardware, is put apfs.efi inside driver64 and run Clover in legacy mode. Installer runs fine, my older already installed system runs fine too. But with the new one on apfs after "PreInstall/pre” and reboot I got "AppleIntelCPUPowerManagementClient: ready" and kernel panic when UI was usually shown.

Clover is tricky for ApfsEFI mode. You may need to drag and drop clover folder to EFI partition of drive.

if you formatted your macOS HDD to APFS then it needs apfs.efi  file in your HDD/EFI/CLOVER/driver64UEFI folder

or else your macOS drive wont show up in clover boot menu.

so boot to your macOS drive using USB then mount the USB EFI partition and  macOS HDD EFI partition using 'Clover Configurator app

then copy the apfs.efi file from  USB/EFI/CLOVER/driver64UEFI/apfs.efi   to   HDD/EFI/CLOVER/driver64UEFI/

try by removing the following efi drivers as they are not needed

CsmVideoDxe-64.efi 

- PartitionDxe-64.efi

- EmuVariableUefi-64.efi

also put the latest apfs.efi in driver64UEFI from BaseSystem.dmg/usr/standalone/i386/apfs.efi

Worked, it showed the macOS hd, but it hangs wile loading the screen.

So I had to boot using the USB again, but now I can't mount the EFI on HDD, the partition is gone.

You need apfsEFI in drivers64efi clover folder.

attachicon.gifapfs.efi.zip

No, if you made a USB installer following the directions you could just replce these folders and try new command.    But you will need to make a USB installer for this to work.

Thanks, fixed the problem, I replaced the efi from USB to SSD and worked.

The only problem now is the AUDIO

I used the kext VoodooHDA.kext with the kext utility, but the audio dosent work

Heres the config

screen12.png

​Theres something I can try to fix the audio problem ?

Thanks in advance

post-2225200-0-17701300-1508597551_thumb.png

post-2225200-0-01446900-1508599171_thumb.png

Worked, it showed the macOS hd, but it hangs wile loading the screen.

So I had to boot using the USB again, but now I can't mount the EFI on HDD, the partition is gone.

Thanks, fixed the problem, I replaced the efi from USB to SSD and worked.

The only problem now is the AUDIO

I used the kext VoodooHDA.kext with the kext utility, but the audio dosent work

Heres the config

​Theres something I can try to fix the audio problem ?

Thanks in advance

Download IORegistry app and check for voodoo loading, also go to Sytems preference?s tab on bottom tool bar (gear in a silver box) and open sound tab and poke around.

Is it working but choppy, or not working at all?

Can you put your system specs CPU, Mobo, Graphics card In your signature line?   It will help if others have similar builds and solved the problems they may chime in.

The new pre file I edited is for Ryzen CPU, did you try with FX CPU?   

The apfsEFi mode is tricky for instsalling clover.   Some have to use "legacy" mode and others have no problems with UEFI mode.    This also happens on Intel setups so its not just an AMD issue.   

For Legacy clover use the apfsefi in drivers64 folder, and in UEFI mode use it in Drivers64EFi folder.  

post-1753549-0-28743900-1508601254_thumb.png

Download IORegistry app and check for voodoo loading, also go to Sytems preference?s tab on bottom tool bar (gear in a silver box) and open sound tab and poke around.

Is it working but choppy, or not working at all?

Can you put your system specs CPU, Mobo, Graphics card In your signature line?   It will help if others have similar builds and solved the problems they may chime in.

The new pre file I edited is for Ryzen CPU, did you try with FX CPU?   

The apfsEFi mode is tricky for instsalling clover.   Some have to use "legacy" mode and others have no problems with UEFI mode.    This also happens on Intel setups so its not just an AMD issue.   

For Legacy clover use the apfsefi in drivers64 folder, and in UEFI mode use it in Drivers64EFi folder.  

Theres no sound at all,

Heres the screen

screen15.png

Im using a rx580+ nitro 8gb in DisplayPort, my hobo is a x370 Gaming Pro Carbon.

Thanks in advance

post-2225200-0-57386100-1508602760_thumb.png

Theres no sound at all,

Heres the screen

screen15.png

Im using a rx580+ nitro 8gb in DisplayPort, my hobo is a x370 Gaming Pro Carbon.

Thanks in advance

Its Strange, in Sierra 12.5-6 my RX 480 has audio but its not working either in High Sierra.     Did you try onboard Audio and not the RX card output?

Its Strange, in Sierra 12.5-6 my RX 480 has audio but its not working either in High Sierra.     Did you try onboard Audio and not the RX card output?

Yes, tryed them all.

In Sierra it was working fine the audio.

Now in High Sierra, dosent work no matter what i do.

RYZEN USB Installer fix!    Please test and report.

I edited the USB installer scripts for Ryzen!    This edit allows for a smooth install on Ryzen with mostly native USB support 3.0 and 3.1 without any USB kexts added.   This is a clean install using only the Bronya Kenrel, System kext and Prelinked kernel.     Follow the video guide linked and use the pre install and post install folders for Ryzen as replacements.    There is also a Clover folder you can use after loading your installer with clover boot loader following the guide.   Just replace the clover folder generated with the one provided.  

Use the post install terminal command:  Volumes/image\ Volume/kernel_kext_install_only

I removed the commands to remove "troublesome kext"s and trimmed it down to a basic complete install which is all that is needed for Ryzen systems.   I installed twice following the guide and avoided the USB fixes but still could not get USB working as I had previously with a cloned disk without any USB fixes or kexts.    After looking into the scripts I noticed the removal of several key system kexts that Ryzen has no issue with (other AMD CPUs may need them removed).    

Here are the edited scripts and folders.

attachicon.gifRyzen High Sierra pre and post scripts edited.zip

This its the link to the guide.   Download the Guide page and follow it during the USB creation and install.   It may be wise to print it.    Follow it along normally but replace the preinstall and post install folders and clover  folder after the USB installer is completed.     Follow the guide during install and use the post install option kernel_kext_install-only.    I was able to use my USB 3.0 case prt for the entire 3 part install and it went smoothly without any hitches.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/325514-amd-high-sierra-kernel-release-and-testing/page-18?do=findComment&comment=2514401

I tried another clean install using the new script. Now my USB section lists hardware however none of my USB 3 ports work except for the top row. If I add the generic USB 3 kext the the USB section shows blank again but all my ports work.

Edit: I mean to say that only the top row of USB 3 on the back works. Others, including the front, do not. Also, I have a monitor with a built-in hub that I use form my keyboard which doesn't work either with this method. With the generic usb 3 kext the hub works.

CgcseUP.png

I tried another clean install using the new script. Now my USB section lists hardware however none of my USB 3 ports work except for the top row. If I add the generic USB 3 kext the the USB section shows blank again but all my ports work.

Edit: I mean to say that only the top row of USB 3 on the back works. Others, including the front, do not. Also, I have a monitor with a built-in hub that I use form my keyboard which doesn't work either with this method. With the generic usb 3 kext the hub works.

CgcseUP.png

Did you use the increase port limit patch to increase USB port allowance? 

What motherboard and CPU are you testing?   

I used the port increase patch. Crosshair VI Hero and 1800x.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

There are different port patches I think I used the Z170 or 100 series, there is also a 200 series patch.   The X370 boards will have newer and often more complicated layouts for Ethernet and Audio vs. the AB350 and lower boards with older tech.    Id swap out my IntelIGB for 8111 any day.   In High Sierra many 200 series boards don't need any fixes because apple is using Skylake/Kabylake boards.    This gives us a better spectrum of usable devices on our Hacks.  I use Clover inject USB, Ownership and there is also a high current fix.   Have you tried adjusting various clover USB settings?    

• Like 1

There are different port patches I think I used the Z170 or 100 series, there is also a 200 series patch.   The X370 boards will have newer and often more complicated layouts for Ethernet and Audio vs. the AB350 and lower boards with older tech.    Id swap out my IntelIGB for 8111 any day.   In High Sierra many 200 series boards don't need any fixes because apple is using Skylake/Kabylake boards.    This gives us a better spectrum of usable devices on our Hacks.  I use Clover inject USB, Ownership and there is also a high current fix.   Have you tried adjusting various clover USB settings?    

AX370 has two ALC1220 codec chips.  I211AT works fine with proper driver.

Two fan/voltage control chips: ITE IT8792E and IT8686E

http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/hardware-canucks-reviews/75162-gigabyte-ax370-gaming-5-am4-motherboard-review-4.html

Thanks

My MSi x370 carbon pro has ALC1220. audio works , I used Gigamaxx clover not sure how it got enabled

I’m on Sierra high

How you got the audio working on MSi x370 carbon pro ?

Can you please help me out, i have no audion trought Displayport

Thanks in advance

Sure when I get home I can send you my clover / efi

I used Gigamaxx EFI just had to change busratio

The kext is inside clover you’ll see it voodoo something I think

Here is his link for the files (this is for his usb fix)

You can try his EFI or just that kext

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_id=266447

Hello, I need help with my install. I have a CrossHair Hero 6 and Ryzen 1800x, I use the ryzen pre install and post install folders. After a clean install, I can boot into os x and get to the setup screen but USB is not working so I can't use the mouse and keyboard to go any further.

I'm using the clover folder provided and

My kexts in clover other:

Whatevergreen

Voodooed a

USBInjectAll

System.kext

NullCPUManagement

Lilu

FakeSMC

I'm confused if I'm supposed to use the USB fix script for not or the genericusb kexts or whether it's supposed to work with no USB kexts modifications.