AMD High Sierra Kernel Release and Testing

1,119 posts in this topic

Hello, I need help with my install. I have a CrossHair Hero 6 and Ryzen 1800x, I use the ryzen pre install and post install folders. After a clean install, I can boot into os x and get to the setup screen but USB is not working so I can't use the mouse and keyboard to go any further.

I'm using the clover folder provided and

My kexts in clover other:

Whatevergreen

Voodooed a

USBInjectAll

System.kext

NullCPUManagement

Lilu

FakeSMC

I'm confused if I'm supposed to use the USB fix script for not or the genericusb kexts or whether it's supposed to work with no USB kexts modifications.

Have you tried different USB ports? From the back

• Like 1

Hello, I need help with my install. I have a CrossHair Hero 6 and Ryzen 1800x, I use the ryzen pre install and post install folders. After a clean install, I can boot into os x and get to the setup screen but USB is not working so I can't use the mouse and keyboard to go any further.

I'm using the clover folder provided and

My kexts in clover other:

Whatevergreen

Voodooed a

USBInjectAll

System.kext

NullCPUManagement

Lilu

FakeSMC

I'm confused if I'm supposed to use the USB fix script for not or the genericusb kexts or whether it's supposed to work with no USB kexts modifications.

Did you create a USB boot loader?    Is your mouse and keyboard plugged into USB 2.0 ports?   Try Usb 3.0 ports.

Yes I tried all the different ports. On some ports, the mouse lights up and doesn't work, on the other ports it doesn't work at all. I was able to apply an old USB fix script and now this is what my system report looks like.

Edit: I also want to point out that bluetooth is not working for me and I'm not sure why.

https://imgur.com/a/LP078

Some Bluetooth adaptors are oob some are not

Sure when I get home I can send you my clover / efi

I used Gigamaxx EFI just had to change busratio

The kext is inside clover you’ll see it voodoo something I think

Here is his link for the files (this is for his usb fix)

You can try his EFI or just that kext

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_id=266447

Thanks for the help, but still no Audio.

It only works with headphone, with the montar it dosent.

Is there something else I can try ?

I tried another clean install using the new script. Now my USB section lists hardware however none of my USB 3 ports work except for the top row. If I add the generic USB 3 kext the the USB section shows blank again but all my ports work.

Edit: I mean to say that only the top row of USB 3 on the back works. Others, including the front, do not. Also, I have a monitor with a built-in hub that I use form my keyboard which doesn't work either with this method. With the generic usb 3 kext the hub works.

CgcseUP.png

Are you able to get here with the USBInjectAll.kext only?

I followed the tutorial posted on page 18 and used the files posted by Gigamaxx. Everything went well, but after PostInstall it gives me this error and then restarts unexpectedly. How can I fix this?

qQIQP2X.png

First try hitting space bar at boot once.    Select verbose, single user, keep symbols, don't reboot, and debug kexts.    when it stops at root# follow the /mount -uw, /fsck -fy, exit instructions.

If that doesn't work try replacing the kernel again, and prelinked kernel.    Then run kext wizard to rebuild cache.    

Hey guys! i'm losing hope on Audio.

Everything works but the audio, Voodoo does enable it but there is crackling and disappearing of the audio no matter how much i play with the cpu frequencies etc.

I'm trying to enable Audio from my RX 580 DisplayPort.

So far i have seen SSDTs thats not for my GPU Identifer which is : GPP8 as seen on IORegistryExplorer.

Does anyone Have experience that can help with this issue?

I have an AMD Ryzen hackintosh.

latest Lilu&Whatevergreen installed

Hey guys! i'm losing hope on Audio.

Everything works but the audio, Voodoo does enable it but there is crackling and disappearing of the audio no matter how much i play with the cpu frequencies etc.

I'm trying to enable Audio from my RX 580 DisplayPort.

So far i have seen SSDTs thats not for my GPU Identifer which is : GPP8 as seen on IORegistryExplorer.

Does anyone Have experience that can help with this issue?

I have an AMD Ryzen hackintosh.

latest Lilu&Whatevergreen installed

Does the Speaker on the top tool bar turn grey when you select the HDMI output?     This seem to be an issue in High Sierra for RX 400-Vega GPUs with the Ryzen kernel.    It worked in Sierra with the latest Sierra kernel, maybe its the kernel for High Sierra this is the first release from Bronya.   He usually updates with improvements periodically.     In Sierra I didn't use the voodooHDAkext for RX480 audio but its necessary in High Sierra.      

I have to use my mobo audio port and USB sound cards work.     

Does the Speaker on the top tool bar turn grey when you select the HDMI output?     This seem to be an issue in High Sierra for RX 400-Vega GPUs with the Ryzen kernel.    It worked in Sierra with the latest Sierra kernel, maybe its the kernel for High Sierra this is the first release from Bronya.   He usually updates with improvements periodically.     In Sierra I didn't use the voodooHDAkext for RX480 audio but its necessary in High Sierra.      

This is likely a by-product of code shuffling.  On Sierra I can get HDMI working with certain changes.  When mess it up, a full cycle of removing all changes and reply them brings HDMI back.

Thanks for the help, but still no Audio.

It only works with headphone, with the montar it dosent.

Is there something else I can try ?

yeah bro your right my bad lol it does show hdmi audio but only headphone jack works for me from and back of pc not monitor 

This topic isn't for support guys. Please see the first post on where to ask for support.

Thanks.

Can we open those up?    I tried when they were added but got an error.   It would be nice to split up Ryzen from FX help/support too if possible.    

Can we open those up?    I tried when they were added but got an error.   It would be nice to split up Ryzen from FX help/support too if possible.    

Permission error when trying to make a post? If so I'll contact a Supervisor and get that fixed.

The idea there is everyone has their own support topic. That way replies are jumbled up and users get one on one support.

• Like 1

Yes, its grey, and no sound. i saw on the github page that macOS can't control the volume of HDMI outputs therefore its grey, but should still work! which isnt my case.

The thing is i have a USB Generic Audio which works but is choppy aswell, so i'm sure Voodoo is not the problem, the CPU or Kernel is.

i tried everything, bus speed, frequency,latency,fakecpuid

Shame

Yes, its grey, and no sound. i saw on the github page that macOS can't control the volume of HDMI outputs therefore its grey, but should still work! which isnt my case.

The thing is i have a USB Generic Audio which works but is choppy aswell, so i'm sure Voodoo is not the problem, the CPU or Kernel is.

i tried everything, bus speed, frequency,latency,fakecpuid

Shame

Bronya's kernel is working just fine in 10.13 (just like his previous 10.12.6 kernel in Sierra). No issue with my RX 580 (latest Lilu + whatevergreen). I have native audio on both of my DP displays (with grey icon in toolbar ) and using VoodooHDA for onboard audio. Follow this tutorial to apply VoodooHDA on mobo chipset only. 

http://forum.amd-osx.com/viewtopic.php?f=24&p=30195#p30195
  • Like 1