AMD High Sierra Kernel Release and Testing

1,119 posts in this topic

It's just not a very high priority on their list. They need to strip all the non free parts from the source, which may take time. But generally they just don't care enough. They even break their own license by not releasing the source code for iOS XNU

any news for mojave 10.14 patched kernel?what happen to apple why it takes them too long to release the kernel source code?10.14.1 is already out

Gesendet von meinem ONEPLUS A5000 mit Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, AntarcticP said:

Anyone tried the Security Update 2018-002 for 10.13.6? It ships with a new kernel.

I've tried on a cloned copy of my running 10.13.6 system, replaced the kernel with Shaneees latest and IONetworkingFamily.kext, but the prelinkedkernel is not building.

You are right the kernel needs replaced. Share the output of the kextcache command in Terminal to see what is stopping the prelinkedkernel from building.

21 hours ago, Shaneee said:

You are right the kernel needs replaced. Share the output of the kextcache command in Terminal to see what is stopping the prelinkedkernel from building.

I did succeed in updating my 10.13.6 system with the Security Update 2018-002 using the rp and kextcache command and replacing kernel with Shaneees 10.13.6 kernel, system.kext and IONetworkingFamily.kext.

Not sure what went wrong previously and whether it is really needed to replace these two kexts.

5 hours ago, AntarcticP said:

我使用rp和kextcache命令成功更新了安全更新2018-002的10.13.6系统,并用Shaneees 10.13.6内核,system.kext和IONetworkingFamily.kext替换了内核。

不确定以前出了什么问题,是否真的需要更换这两个kexts。

10.13.3  kext  replace  10.13.6 kext  

• 3 weeks later...

Im having a strange problem, I'm on 10.13.6 and with the patch 002 installed. 

If I have macpro as smbios I can't play 50% of videos in Vivaldi/chromium while with others smbios they work but I have a significant drop in performance gpu wise (6-7 fps in valley benchmark from 40). Can be a kernel problem?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Very early Alpha release for 15H (Bulldozer) and 16H (Jaguar) CPUs . Latest 10.13.6 (17G6029 and 17G6030) only.

So yes FX users.... that's iMessage, FaceTime and Siri for you too .. No 32-bit support (no OPEMU). Not tested. I don't have the hardware to do so.

algrey-native_15H_16H_Patches.plist

Edited by AlGrey
a patch was missing
  • Like 1