AMD High Sierra Kernel Release and Testing

1,119 posts in this topic

ok i made it... but have one problem on last step.. i install system copy all need files then boot now from my ssd and when kernel is loaded i see only message about IOGraphics x2 times and nothing... normally after that message i got login screen etc. but in this situation all just hang on -v mode... I put kext to clover but not all what  i need . so my question is can i mount efi form my high sierra usb installer on windows? to put extra kexts? without that i can't get in system. I put bootflag like nv_disable GraphicsEnabler=No but still not working. On installing i everything working perfect. I put only for graphics Lilu and NvidiaGraphicsFixUp. Nothing more. So what i need to enable my gaphics . 

And it's another problem how to put that new kext to clover in usb? i must mount that efi partition but how? on windows / mac terminal (installer part). That's will be best answer for me how to mount USB EFI. On windows i try assign letter=X but ... won't work on removable device. on transmac i don't see EFI partition. Last chance i got on mac terminal but i don't know command to do that.

Edit: Ok i resolve that problem with mount efi etc... put more kext to clover but... still nothing installing system without problem then when i try boot form my ssd sierra still hang on IOConsoleUser :gIOscreenLockState.... this is last part to get GUI / nvidia working ... i even don't finish User Configuration Part ; / IDK i was thinking maybe it's kext problem but after put more kexts still nothing.. Any suggestions?  I don't know why my graphic won't start on Installed HDD. On usb and another installation process working perfect. 

ok i made it... but have one problem on last step.. i install system copy all need files then boot now from my ssd and when kernel is loaded i see only message about IOGraphics x2 times and nothing... normally after that message i got login screen etc. but in this situation all just hang on -v mode... I put kext to clover but not all what i need . so my question is can i mount efi form my high sierra usb installer on windows? to put extra kexts? without that i can't get in system. I put bootflag like nv_disable GraphicsEnabler=No but still not working. On installing i everything working perfect. I put only for graphics Lilu and NvidiaGraphicsFixUp. Nothing more. So what i need to enable my gaphics .

And it's another problem how to put that new kext to clover in usb? i must mount that efi partition but how? on windows / mac terminal (installer part). That's will be best answer for me how to mount USB EFI. On windows i try assign letter=X but ... won't work on removable device. on transmac i don't see EFI partition. Last chance i got on mac terminal but i don't know command to do that.

Edit: Ok i resolve that problem with mount efi etc... put more kext to clover but... still nothing installing system without problem then when i try boot form my ssd sierra still hang on IOConsoleUser :gIOscreenLockState.... this is last part to get GUI / nvidia working ... i even don't finish User Configuration Part ; / IDK i was thinking maybe it's kext problem but after put more kexts still nothing.. Any suggestions? I don't know why my graphic won't start on Installed HDD. On usb and another installation process working perfect.

What is ur nvidia model?my nvidia tesla gpu 8500gt doesnt work using high sierra nvidia kexts,replace it with nvidia kexts found on sierra 10.12.6,,now i bypass the gioscreen lock error and reach the desktop

我用Intel笔记本安装10.13后,替换B的内核,重建缓存,然后把硬盘插在AMD尝试启动,结果成功了!所有USB都正常,但是使用软件CINEMA 4D的时候,R18版本闪退!R18 DEMO版本没问题!

After I installed 10.13 with Intel laptop, I replaced the B kernel, rebuilt the cache, and inserted the hard disk into the AMD to try to start. The result was successful! All USB is normal, but when using the software CINEMA 4D, the R18 version flashes back! There's no problem with R18 DEMO version!

But I test under 10.12.6, CINEMA 4D R18 can be opened, and I guess it can be repaired by kernel! Asking for help from Bronya and Shaneee!@Bronya @Shaneee

post-2271754-0-60416000-1507991851_thumb.png

post-2271754-0-38612800-1507991855_thumb.png

post-2271754-0-94861700-1507991857_thumb.png

我用Intel笔记本安装10.13后,替换B的内核,重建缓存,然后把硬盘插在AMD尝试启动,结果成功了!所有USB都正常,但是使用软件CINEMA 4D的时候,R18版本闪退!R18 DEMO版本没问题!

After I installed 10.13 with Intel laptop, I replaced the B kernel, rebuilt the cache, and inserted the hard disk into the AMD to try to start. The result was successful! All USB is normal, but when using the software CINEMA 4D, the R18 version flashes back! There's no problem with R18 DEMO version!

A lot of people from the Apple community forums are reporting issues with High Sierra performing/crashing on Professional grade applications. It might not be a kernel issue if it's happening to those on Intel machines. I can't confirm, but these are the rumors I've heard. Especially with the new APFS format, it's more likely issues will arise.

Fortunately, it changed the name back to USB, but unfortunately it shows no devices. I appreciate you uploading these files for me, thank you! :)

post-1312076-0-47375500-1507992887_thumb.png

• Like 1

Does someone have an Idea why my Vega doesnt have full acceleration? 

And does someone knows, how to fix my audio? ALC1220? 

UPDATE: with deleting Lilu Kext i got Kernelpanic.. 

Vega drivers in HS are still very immature. In my opinion, they keep the current state of the OS from being suitable for primary daily use.

They are from my mac. So they are 100% vanilla  :D

Good deal. Thanks!

GTX 960 OC , but i even don't use NVIDIA Web . After install try to get second part (configuration , user etc). Hang on -v mode. Last try..

Use nv_disable=1 boot arg and check your clover boot manager screen and uncheck any Nvidia graphics commands. There are many with Intel systems that are having trouble loading the web drivers correctly. Look in to the web drivers threads on how they got them working. I recall something about enabling SIP loading drivers and then disabling SIP and activating them. There is a sequence that must be followed for them to load correctly.

Vega drivers in HS are still very immature. In my opinion, they keep the current state of the OS from being suitable for primary daily use.

Good deal. Thanks!

Many Intel hacks are using the rad24 boot arg to get the vega to use 24 bit color vs the 30 bit which tends to crash in OpenGL apps. However, my vega runs on 30 bit without crashing and I can’t seem to get the boot arg to work to change to 24 bit color.

Vega drivers are under development the early HS beta 3-4 had the best openCL support but no audio. The new drivers have audio but openCL dropped by about 20,000 in Geekbench.

With Ryzen we always see a drop in GPU performance vs Intel systems. RX 480 135,000 Geekbench on Intel, with Ryzen 115,000. For Nvidia cards that need web drivers it’s a larger performance drop. This has been a known issue for Ryzen throughout Sierra. Older AMD and native Nvidia cards seem to perform up to standards but most new cards have a 10-15% performance loss. Somebody figured out Ryzen and Nvidia though I spotted a 1080 with a 180,000 Geekbench score so it may be possible.

Many Intel hacks are using the rad24 boot arg to get the vega to use 24 bit color vs the 30 bit which tends to crash in OpenGL apps. However, my vega runs on 30 bit without crashing and I can’t seem to get the boot arg to work to change to 24 bit color.

I might try that. 

There are plenty of apps that crash at 30 bit. Load Steam, or Resolve, or the Steelseries software and you'll find they crash. I read you can run a command line launch that forces apps to run without GPU acceleration. I need to find it though and try.

I tried several external USB-drives, and none of them was detected. I tried different USB 3.1 and USB 2.0 ports. Although mouse and keyboard was successfully detected when plug in to USB 2.0 port. 

UPDATE:

I did some tests and find out that without this kexts stored in S\L\E (for some reason they doesn't work in clover kext directory) I cannot even boot system because of AppleUSBXHCI loop.

DummyUSBEHCIPCI.kext
DummyUSBXHCIPCI.kext
GenericUSBXHCI.kext

Also its looks like changes made in "SPUSBReporter.spreporter" and "VDC.plugin" doesn't affect my system at all (maybe problem is here?) . USB 3.1 ports doesn't work at all, USB 2.0 work only with mouse, keyboard and graphical tablet, any external USB drives aren't recognized. 

without those Dummy kexts on my system

while boot it gets spams with AppleUSBXHCI loop trap errors .

- try deleting the /System/Library/Extensions/IOUSBHostFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleUSBXHCI.kext  (back up it somewhere) 

- then install the USBfix again 

- fix the S/L/E permissions

- rebuild kernel cache 

- and boot again.

-Post merge -

Btw guys ! these kexts are updated recently . so download them again , if you are using them.

- NvidiaGraphicsFixup 

- lilu 

- whatevergreen

• Like 1

Delete all USBFixes like Dummy and Generic from S/L/E AND Clover - Repair and Rebuild kext / cache etc. 

now should boot without - simply dont use it. This caused me so much trouble. Now all USB3 is working but not USB2. But this is okay and stable.

And if you have AHCI errors just change the Settings of Clover AHCI (for me the Settings in the Video simply caused it) (Screenshot of my working settings)

post-2255651-0-88181200-1507997379_thumb.png

Delete all USBFixes like Dummy and Generic from S/L/E AND Clover - Repair and Rebuild kext / cache etc. 

now should boot without - simply dont use it. This caused me so much trouble. Now all USB3 is working but not USB2. But this is okay and stable.

And if you have AHCI errors just change the Settings of Clover AHCI (for me the Settings in the Video simply caused it) (Screenshot of my working settings)

I mentioned this earlier I can run without any USB fixes.    High Sierra is much different from Sierra for USB support.

• Like 3

Dummy kexts are for usb2.

you using any patched DSDT ?

Intel DSDT edits do not function on AMD motherboard.

Volume III teaches tricks for IOS jailbreak.  The first two volumes are foundation great for Hackintosh.

BTW, You can build a prelinked kernel like this.

kextcache -q -z -a x86_64 -l -n -c /var/tmp/kernelcache.test -K /var/tmp/kernel.test /System/Library/Extensions

• Like 2

FYI, if you install the VDC.plugin in XCiLNZ's post install script, certain apps will not work. This could be dependent on hardware but I had issues with Chrome crashing every time I tried to access the settings to disable hardware acceleration. Replacing the CoreMediaIO.framework with the vanilla one provided by mfaustin fixed the issue.

I mentioned this earlier I can run without any USB fixes.    High Sierra is much different from Sierra for USB support.

Could you share your clover config? I tried everything and I still cannot even run system without dummy kexts... (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Tried run in safe mode and got this: 

post-1442930-0-62348700-1508004843_thumb.jpg

And this with config from tutorial:

post-1442930-0-02077400-1508005236_thumb.jpg

Thank you @bronya @gigamax and the other members for the help. testing hs in my ryzen 1700 @ 3.8ghz whit b350 mortar. no usb fixes or kexts all usb is working oob. for 660 ti use the lilu +NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext without the inject Nvidia in clover and the hdmi audio works. ethernet works. shutdown. restart works. I don't test the sleep yet. and the integrated audio its not working. I know whit voodoohda he works but I use the audio of the 660 ti. sorry for the bad English.

edit1. the sleep is working perfect. only left to make work the internal audio (the voodoohda its not my first option I prefer dsdt edit, clover injection or some kexts) and try to make work the FaceTime and iCloud.

post-1348578-0-98938900-1508006445_thumb.png