[pre-release] macOS High Sierra

3,737 posts in this topic

I'm getting a grey screen with a mouse pointer when I tried to boot (after installation is done). On a previous installation of the same version of HS (dp1), something miracle happened and the language chooser screen appeared, but not this time so far. But I have reasons to believe that the language chooser did appear in the second time, but couldn't see it due to the grey screen.

Also, I needed to use -xpcm during the second boot (I forced shutdown and tried a second time, but it stuck near "Waiting for DSMOS" which seems to solve if I use -xpcm bootflag).

My machine is Kaby Lake (i3-7100u, HD620) notebook

Real Mac Pro, 5.1

Current video is 5770 1GB (stock part)

Main drive is 10.12.6 

The 5770 will be replaced with a GTX 780 3GB card, and the just released web kit for 10.12.6 has been installed.

Now, I have the 10.13 beta(17A306f) on a second drive, which I am on now typing this inquiry.

From the Sierra forum for GPU issues etc., I know they had a WebKit that could be installed to "fake" the driver installation for the OS (then beta) version.

I am looking here to see if anything is known about some WebKit installer for the 10.13 beta to allow the use of the GTX 780 in High Sierra or should I forget it. Since the GTX 780 needs both power connectors on the MOBO I cannot run it easily the same time as the 5770 which needs one plugged in.

You need the Nvidia drivers. I assume that's what you mean by "webkit" installer. Now, since there is no official version for 10.13 yet, you might try one of the ones posted here on the forum.

Here someone posted one that seems to work, but it's for an older build of MacOS.

You might need to try to patch it with the current build number, using the Nvidia Driver Updater app from here.

• Like 1

i have problem in install

I occasionally get this error in the second boot after that the first stage of setup is completed. Restart and continue the installation process, It worked for me and might work for you as well.

i too

Hello Cyberdevs

Can you send them privately?

thanks

It might be an error in the Link I'm sure @Allan will fix it if it is.

Can anyone open the link that Allan posted or it's just us that don't have permission?

It might be an error in the Link I'm sure @Allan will fix it if it is.

Can anyone open the link that Allan posted or it's just us that don't have permission?

When it was first posted i could access it but now i can't. Usually means it's been deleted or error in link.

• Like 1

i don't have permission....says

Yes I know, MARZILLO :) I meant besides you and me ;)

If no one can open the link it must be a broken link, but if others can access the Topic and we can't so there must be something wrong with our permissions to the topic which I doubt it.

So I guess it's better that we wait for others to check the link and give us the feedback.

When it was first posted i could access it but now i can't. Usually means it's been deleted or error in link.

Well that confirms it.

If I install 10.13 beta 2 , can I later over-install the final version?

Is metal 2 feeling snappier than metal 1?

I don't see why not. And why beta 2 and not beta 3?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I am using these patches previously:

F:

89d804c4 3c227722

R:

89d804c3 3c227722 

F:

be0b0000 005de908 0000000f 1f84000000000055 4889e541 57

R:

be0b0000 005de908 0000000f 1f840000000000c3 4889e541 57

F:

75000472 3cd07750 0fb6c0

R:

7500046a 3cd07750 0fb6c0

and performance fix from oarksit

F:

89d8c1e0 084863d0 

R:

b8003000 004863d0 

@cyberdevs

no too bad

if they change things it is better..maybe they are adding some stuff! :-)

Which clover version and drivers are you using?

I will, but in my experience when I am stuck to ++++++++++ it means bootstrap or other patches are changed..

Well since you need to apply those patches for your processor to work on other cpus like SkyLake we don't need to apply any patches, that might be the cause. (I think)