[pre-release] macOS High Sierra

3,737 posts in this topic

I fixed sleep now, and after a reboot sleep from apple menu is working, only power button doesn't do anything but I think It'll never worked, isn't any fix for it?

And isn't any chance to fix brightness control in 10.12.4 and up on only nvidia GPU? I'm stuck with El Capitan because this issue :(

For the power button, try Config.plist / ACPI FixShutdown_004 true

post-887245-0-43672700-1501238612_thumb.png

• Like 1

Uhmmb, did u try both @Rehabman's Shutdown fixes.. yeah, on Laptop has these 2 patches, not checked yet for this on his Desktop repo. Also try checking "Halt Enabler" from ACPI section within Clover Configurator, at least this one works on my mach.. urs, just try it..

I have both patches applied, I tried with halt enabler and nothing changes.

For the power button, try Config.plist / ACPI FixShutdown_004 true

attachicon.gifCaptura de pantalla 2017-07-28 a las 12.54.43.png

Not working.

• Like 1

I have both patches applied, I tried with halt enabler and nothing changes.

For testing purpose, if u boot ur 10.13 with nv_disable=1 boot-arg (w/o QE/CI) and ur Power Button just works, it could be Graphics related problem but I'm not sure.

For testing purpose, if u boot ur 10.13 with nv_disable=1 boot-arg (w/o QE/CI) and ur Power Button just works, it could be Graphics related problem but I'm not sure.

Still not working with nv_disable=1

Anyway this isn't a big problem.

How about brightness control in 10.12.4+?

Look for that method in xhc and try to delete, restart.

attachicon.gifCaptura de pantalla 2017-07-28 a las 11.13.42.png

Or see in ioreg the cause of awakening an delete this method.

attachicon.gifCaptura de pantalla 2017-07-28 a las 11.12.34.png

I am missing the "PMStatusCode" entry in the IOReg.... Do you know why and how to fix it?

"IOPMDeepIdleSupported" is  "true"

and "IOPMSystemSleepType"  is "0x2" after wake.

However no "PMStatusCode" entry..

@Balamut, you also worked on Pike's sleep issue patches, right? And as far I remember right you also missed the  "PMStatusCode" entry... Could you fix this issue?

Hi all! I've managed to get web drivers loaded, but with fake ID, with just one monitor up and live (i have 3 monitors and the 3 worked with DP3, without fake ID). If someone have some idea...please...

I am missing the "PMStatusCode" entry in the IOReg.... Do you know why and how to fix it?

"IOPMDeepIdleSupported" is  "true"

and "IOPMSystemSleepType"  is "0x2" after wake.

However no "PMStatusCode" entry..

@Balamut, you also worked on Pike's sleep issue patches, right? And as far I remember right you also missed the  "PMStatusCode" entry... Could you fix this issue?

No, sorry I can't help you with that. Click this link https://pikeralpha.wordpress.com/2017/01/12/debugging-sleep-issues/comment-page-1/#comment-10535

How completely odd it is that each individuals installation success so far with High Sierra 10.13 seems so random and unique.   With the initial Developer Preview release, I had absolutely no issues with installing it in either HFS+ or APFS on my Dell Optiplex 790 (SFF) (and I believe with Clover v4046) on an SSD adjacent to my macOS Sierra 10.12.5 partition.    When using the same USB installer, upgrading to Clover v4084 (different config.plist, DSDT, SSDT, patches etc obviously) and trying both firmware features and new SMBIOS information, nothing worked and I was forced to resort to the "Core.pkg" install method on my HP Envy K series laptop.    After downloading the 10.13 Public Beta release, I wiped the 10.13 DP partition clean on my laptop and tried installing it from scratch though was met with the same firmware obstacles with either formats (HFS+ or APFS).   I attempted the "Core.pkg" install though this time even that failed.   Once however I upgraded Clover from v4084 to v4097, I finally was able to achieve a complete, error free install on my laptop.   On a side note, I noticed that in upgrading to Clover v4097, the Clover boot menu displayed/listed partitions (10.13 recovery etc.) that v4084 did not.

Point being is that to me in carefully sifting through this forum it appears that a definitive, "one size fits all" solution to installing macOS 10.13 High Sierra remains somewhat elusive thus far.

I originally contributed the above post on 7/2 and now after searching for a solution while rummaging through the various theories, suggestions, and others conclusions posted since then,  my situation still remains stagnant re: my HP Envy laptop in that I am unable to upgrade to the latest 10.13 release via the app store.   For me nothing listed here has made a difference; the version of Clover, the removal of the EmuVariableUefi-64.efi driver, upgrading the apfs.efi etc.   The only way I have been able to upgrade previously was via the "Core.pkg" method as mentioned and this past time through using Pike Alpha's DP3 (17A306f) update script.   The truly frustrating aspect is that once installed, my 10.13 partition operates smoothly/perfectly.

Is it possible that a solution exist and I have just missed it ? 

I originally contributed the above post on 7/2 and now after searching for a solution while rummaging through the various theories, suggestions, and others conclusions posted since then,  my situation still remains stagnant re: my HP Envy laptop in that I am unable to upgrade to the latest 10.13 release via the app store.   For me nothing listed here has made a difference; the version of Clover, the removal of the EmuVariableUefi-64.efi driver, upgrading the apfs.efi etc.   The only way I have been able to upgrade previously was via the "Core.pkg" method as mentioned and this past time through using Pike Alpha's DP3 (17A306f) update script.   The truly frustrating aspect is that once installed, my 10.13 partition operates smoothly/perfectly.

Is it possible that a solution exist and I have just missed it ? 

@gpatpandp I had the same problem as you. Had the beta 1 also with the core.pkg installed and then determined, that no updates on Dev.Beta2 was possible.

Only after I then used the normal createinstall method (with USB stick) and also an Efi partition and (important) a recovery partition was created,
I had High Sierra successfully installed. Afterwards the update of the dev.Beta1 to Dev.Beta2 and now also to Dev.Beta4 without problems.

I also use the PikerAlpha update script on my Medion laptop, because there the 480 GB SSD is only partitioned with MBR and I have no EFi partition
and no recovery partition. On the laptop are installed on an SSD 2 times MacOS and 2 times Windows.

Now I have to wait until PikerAlpha writes a new update script for the Dev.Beta4.

Hi guys

Can you check this is right cpu id set info for Haswell-E

xcpm_cpuid_set_info © Pike R. Alpha

Find  72 3CD07750 0FB6C0

Replace

6F 3CD07750 0FB6C0

@gpatpandp I had the same problem as you. Had the beta 1 also with the core.pkg installed and then determined, that no updates on Dev.Beta2 was possible.

Only after I then used the normal recommended method (with USB stick) and also an Efi partition and (important) a recovery partition was created,
I had High Sierra successfully installed. Afterwards the update of the dev.Beta1 to Dev.Beta2 and now also to Dev.Beta4 without problems.

I also use the PikerAlpha update script on my Medion laptop, because there the 480 GB SSD is only partitioned with MBR and I have no EFi partition
and no recovery partition. On the laptop are installed on an SSD 2 times MacOS and 2 times Windows.

Now I have to wait until PikerAlpha writes a new update script for the Dev.Beta4.

Is there something askew with my partition makeup ?   Is the fact that my EFI partition is shared by both 10.12 & 10.13 partition the culprit ? (as recommended by rehabman, I do not install kexts in Clover EFI at all.   Instead I install them at the root level /Library/Extension folder)

post-1126120-0-29199600-1501285899_thumb.jpeg

MBR is not problem to install 10.13 db4.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/files/file/762-high-sierra-mbr-patch/

• Like 1

Is there something askew with my partition makeup ?   Is the fact that my EFI partition is shared by both 10.12 & 10.13 partition the culprit ? (as recommended by rehabman, I do not install kexts in Clover EFI at all.   Instead I install them at the root level /Library/Extension folder)

I am used 4 kext for all of my SSD and all kext is injected by Clover

• Like 2

guys , does the voodo ps2controller kext work with this dp4 using the trick posted earlier in the thread by renaming the Darwin  value from 16 to 17 in the info.plist.

Is the trackpad working for you all.

I have a strange freezing issue, it only happens after wake from sleep but not immediately, after 20-30 minutes.

What could be the cause?

Edit: Actually it freezes without sleep too but not every time.

Am I‘m blind or isn’t it possible to boot HS Developer Beta 4 without an USB Stick or an HFS+ drive ?

It is possible to install HS on HFS + J and it is also possible to start without USB key