[pre-release] macOS High Sierra

3,737 posts in this topic

I downloaded DB8 two times :)), you can look in basesystem/system/library/coreservices/system version or something like that to see the build number if you're unsure about what you downloaded

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Thanks, it's the DP8  :rofl:

• Like 1

App Store upgrade to DB9_17A360a OK on GA-P55aUD3 with legacy BIOS/Intel i5-750/ATI HD5770/HFS+ HDD.

post-846696-0-10112900-1504321236_thumb.png

Same config as post#3301.

I am trying out Pike R. Alpha's new Python script for beta builds.  I'm currently downloading the files for version 091-31304.  Is that Beta 8 or 9?

That's DB9.  Check release date on https://swscan.apple.com/content/catalogs/others/index-10.13seed-10.13-10.12-10.11-10.10-10.9-mountainlion-lion-snowleopard-leopard.merged-1.sucatalog.gz shows

<key>PostDate</key>
                <date>2017-09-01T16:57:04Z</date>
  • Like 1

the DP9's apps.efi is the same on as the DP8's

DP8

md5= 4f8dc37bd867d85515bf06b6572e851f

DP9

md5= 4f8dc37bd867d85515bf06b6572e851f

I still don't understand this! The distributed DP9's apfs.efi dates back to 26 August, however DP8's apsf.efi shows 29 August... Any additional clarification or explanation to this contradicting dates?

I still don't understand this! The distributed DP9's apfs.efi dates back to 26 August, however DP8's apsf.efi shows 29 August... Any additional clarification or explanation to this contradicting dates?

According to (https://developer.apple.com/news/), DP8 was released on 28 Aug, in my opinion it was not very possible that Apple even did some modifications on the day they released it.

You might probably get DP8's apfs.efi from somewhere else on 28 Aug, and something touched it, then the last modified date got updated on 28 Aug...

And also, there hasn't even been any firmware update between DP8 and DP9, how could there be any difference on apfs?

(Above is just my ridiculous assumptions.)

• Like 1

From what I can see they are exactly the same in the DP8 and the DP9. and the md5 hash confirms it.

How did you get the the DP8's apps.efi? do you use a log-free version? How did you acquire that file?

post-1011040-0-88093200-1504332178_thumb.png

post-1011040-0-74313000-1504332188_thumb.png

• Like 1

According to (https://developer.apple.com/news/), DP8 was released on 28 Aug, in my opinion it was not very possible that Apple even did some modifications on the day they released it.

You might probably get DP8's apfs.efi from somewhere else on 28 Aug, and something touched it, then the last modified date got updated on 28 Aug...

This could be valid explanation! Thanks PMHeart for this valuable clarification... I suppose you are right with your assumption.. it is not ridiculous at all!

• Like 2

DP9's clean install went smoothly.

And also, there hasn't even been any firmware update between DP8 and DP9, how could there be any difference on apfs?

Your assumption makes complete sense because I just think the same ;)

post-1011040-0-68434100-1504332972_thumb.png

• Like 1

Fresh USB install DP9 on my laptop went smooth as butter with latest clover (4189) and new ACPIBatteryManager (1.81.3) from @RehabMan. Great work to all. Desktop next for update but no rush as still waiting for nvidia drivers.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Well done DP9 no issue with graphics ATY sensors this time :

This version seems more achieved than DP8.

( Since June I tried all betas DP and for me DP9 , nine is a good number , I think, perhaps i will wait now for the GM.)

post-1879825-0-34426500-1504336355_thumb.png

Hi Guys would appreciate any help.

I'm getting a kernel panic as attached when booting the installer for High Sierra dev beta 9. I've tried also tried the Public beta.

USB installer with createinstallmedia

Clover r4189

Only FakeSMC kext (no plugins) in Other

apfs.efi from BaseSystem in drivers64UEFI

Boot arguments: -v kext-dev-mode=1 maxmem=4096

BIOS options:

XMP Memory - Profile1

Internal Graphics: Disabled

xHCI - Auto

xHCI Hand-off / EHCI Hand-off - Enabled

OS Type: Other

Boot mode selection: UEFI Only

VT-d - Disabled

Edit: Serial port - Disabled

EFI with debug.log attached and specs are in my sig.

EFI.zip

Hi Guys would appreciate any help.

I'm getting a kernel panic as attached when booting the installer for High Sierra dev beta 9. I've tried also tried the Public beta.

USB installer with createinstallmedia

Clover r4189

Only FakeSMC kext (no plugins) in Other

apfs.efi from BaseSystem in drivers64UEFI

Boot arguments: -v kext-dev-mode=1 maxmem=4096

BIOS options:

XMP Memory - Profile1

Internal Graphics: Disabled

xHCI - Auto

xHCI Hand-off / EHCI Hand-off - Enabled

OS Type: Other

Boot mode selection: UEFI Only

VT-d - Disabled

EFI with debug.log attached and specs are in my sig.

I'm not sure as related by ergo before #3414 r4189 is the good choice.

I stayed on r4184 too with no issue. (perhaps r4187 that I have tested too)

You need to add some kexts as tell Chris1111  :

FakeSMC_CPUSensors.kext

FakeSMC_GPUSensors.kext

Perhaps Nulcpupowermanagement

You can also put on ACPI/origin/ your DSDT and in patched your SSDT