[pre-release] macOS High Sierra

3,737 posts in this topic

So in other words this is just a different manifestation of the usual MacPro6,1 AGDP issue? I'll try booting with MacPro5,1 to check ..

Possibly. Real empiricists test! I'm using iMac17,1 so I have the black screen issue after each update.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nope - no joy using MacPro5,1 to avoid the AGDP/black screen issue

Thanks but what I really have is "WindowServer process keeps respawning" issue (during installation of dp6+)

This was just a test to see if the two are somehow linked 

Can you give me the link for your first post on the issue? I just want to know more about the issue.

Sure #3486

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm sorry man I'm not sure what can be the cause for your problem.

because there's no official nVidia web drivers for macOS High Sierra I haven't tested macOS High Sierra on my SkyLake machine which has a 1070 GPU.

hi niknod,

I had the same problem, and I've solved it by patching DSDT and SSDTs, following RehabMan's guides:

cheers!

thanks sandro I was hoping I wouldn't have to fix dsdt and ssdts.  I did disable gpu with DSDT reg fix but don't think thats enough.will have another go later cheers!

thanks sandro I was hoping I wouldn't have to fix dsdt and ssdts.  I did disable gpu with DSDT reg fix but don't think thats enough.will have another go later cheers!

I know it takes some patience, but it's the only effective method to solve the problem;

and you don't need any other graphics kexts, like Lilu.kext or IntelGraphicsFixup.kext, nor you have to modify ig-platform-id;

just patching dsdt and ssdts is required

cheers!

Have you tried booting high Sierra with only one card?

Fair point - I thought of it too but would rather not dismantle my waterloop etc if I don't absolutely have too so am waiting for a workaround and using 12.6 in the meantime (which has proper drivers to begin with...)

Fair point - I thought of it too but would rather not dismantle my waterloop etc if I don't absolutely have too so am waiting for a workaround and using 12.6 in the meantime (which has proper drivers to begin with...)

Fair point. There may be a way to use a SSDT to disable one of the cards via software as OSX High Sierra boots...

Hi Guys would appreciate any help.

I'm getting a kernel panic as attached when booting the installer for High Sierra dev beta 9. I've tried also tried the Public beta.

USB installer with createinstallmedia

Clover r4189

Only FakeSMC kext (no plugins) in Other

apfs.efi from BaseSystem in drivers64UEFI

Boot arguments: -v kext-dev-mode=1 maxmem=4096

BIOS options:

XMP Memory - Profile1

Internal Graphics: Disabled

xHCI - Auto

xHCI Hand-off / EHCI Hand-off - Enabled

OS Type: Other

Boot mode selection: UEFI Only

VT-d - Disabled

Edit: Serial port - Disabled

EFI with debug.log attached and specs are in my sig.

post-114155-0-54813300-1504341671_thumb.jpg

If this helps anyone I got past this KP with the following under ACPI 

<key>DropTables</key>
	<array>
		<dict>
			<key>Signature</key>
			<string>MATS</string>
		</dict>
	</array>
  • Like 1

So DP9, like DP8 works great on my laptop except that, when I use the Generic Brightness kext, the laptop crashes and restarts when I wake from sleep.  The Generic Brightness kext can load without problem and works fine.  But the laptop wakes from sleep and about 1-2 seconds later restarts.  What makes the Generic Brightness kext work is an entry in my DSDT for my LCD screen that reads "Name (_HID, EisaId ("LCD1234"))  // _HID: Hardware ID".  When I remove that entry, the Generic Brightness kext stops working but, even though it is loaded, its presence does not cause the wake-from-sleep crash.  I have tried both IntelBacklightFix.kext and ACPIBacklightFix.kext by RehabMan and can't get either of them to work, even when I remove the DSDT entry, LCD1234 and use his PNLF patch.  I use the simple PNLF patch in order to get the slider to show up in Display Preferences and there's no problem with that as far as I can see.  

Looking for suggestions.  

I know it takes some patience, but it's the only effective method to solve the problem;

and you don't need any other graphics kexts, like Lilu.kext or IntelGraphicsFixup.kext, nor you have to modify ig-platform-id;

just patching dsdt and ssdts is required

cheers!

ok sandro sorted with disabled Nvidia gpu in ssdt files high Sierra is installed just need to get HD4600 gpu running good.thanks for all your help. Dave

IntelBacklight/ACPIBacklight have been broken since 10.12.4 IIRC... the proper method now is to use an AppleBacklight injector + a Clover patch + a PNLF SSDT (Google for more info).

Unfortunately, so far, this makes things worse, not better.  I couldn't use the SSDT-PNLF because it prevented my graphics from loading.  I changed the references to IGPU to GFX0 in the SSDT-PNLF and added it to my DSDT.  Graphics loaded without the custom SSDT but I lost my slider that I had with previous entries for PNLF and I lost battery function (Yes, I am using the most current version of ACPIBatteryManager.kext.). I tried removing LCD1234 and I tried putting it back.  It made no difference.  I used the Clover patch and installed the injector kext to L/E.  When it comes to screen brightness, none of RehabMan's methods have worked on my laptop.  It's rather frustrating although it is not an absolutely critical feature to have working.  I wish I understood what was going on from a technical standpoint and not just trying fixes created for other laptops by other people.  While I can follow instructions, I'm not learning anything about the nature of this problem.  Thanks for your help so far.  Don't give up on me just yet if you have any other ideas.

Unfortunately, so far, this makes things worse, not better.  I couldn't use the SSDT-PNLF because it prevented my graphics from loading.  I changed the references to IGPU to GFX0 in the SSDT-PNLF and added it to my DSDT.  Graphics loaded without the custom SSDT but I lost my slider that I had with previous entries for PNLF and I lost battery function (Yes, I am using the most current version of ACPIBatteryManager.kext.). I tried removing LCD1234 and I tried putting it back.  It made no difference.  I used the Clover patch and installed the injector kext to L/E.  When it comes to screen brightness, none of RehabMan's methods have worked on my laptop.  It's rather frustrating although it is not an absolutely critical feature to have working.  I wish I understood what was going on from a technical standpoint and not just trying fixes created for other laptops by other people.  While I can follow instructions, I'm not learning anything about the nature of this problem.  Thanks for your help so far.  Don't give up on me just yet if you have any other ideas.

As far as i can see all i'm using for brightness on my laptop is SSDT-PNLF.aml and thats on Sierra and High Sierra. Nothing else. I'll attach the and my dsdt if you wanna check.

patched.zip

And this patch

<dict>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>change F%uT%04x to F%uTxxxx in AppleBacklightInjector.kext (credit RehabMan)</string>
<key>Disabled</key>
<false/>
<key>Name</key>
<string>com.apple.driver.AppleBacklight</string>
<key>Find</key>
<data>RiV1VCUwNHgA</data>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>RiV1VHh4eHgA</data>
</dict>
</plist>

Even if i add in AppleBacklightInjector.kext i can still boot and it gives me more brightness ranges. Hopefully some of this info helps.

Will we stay with 0x3e7 or return with 0x67?

Not sure.

But i now return 0x67. It show "disabled" SIP

나의 LG-F800S 의 Tapatalk에서 보냄

i thought it was 0x3FF to disable, not 0x3e7?

0x3ff? Where is get this values?

나의 LG-F800S 의 Tapatalk에서 보냄