Sinetek's Driver for Realtek "RTSX" SDHC Card Readers

Sinetek
335 posts in this topic

@Sinetek

Keep at it buddy, Got the card reader working on my Envy 15T-J000 with the 5227 ID, I purchased a 16gb SD card with read speeds of up to 80MB/s but when I bench it on BlackMagic Disk Speed test it only shows speeds shown an not what the card can do... it is a Class 10, I know its a BETA release an I applaud your work on it. :D Keep it up sir

post-1141269-0-67225300-1501131250_thumb.png

post-1141269-0-55103100-1501131444_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

@Sinetek

Keep at it buddy, Got the card reader working on my Envy 15T-J000 with the 5227 ID, I purchased a 16gb SD card with read speeds of up to 80MB/s but when I bench it on BlackMagic Disk Speed test it only shows speeds shown an not what the card can do... it is a Class 10, I know its a BETA release an I applaud your work on it. :D Keep it up sir

I'm highly jealous of your advanced SD technology there  :lol:

I never thought this project would become what it is now. I'm having a ton of problems with the BSD driver and after writing to the original authors it seems like the best course of action now is to base off the Linux driver.

Unfortunately I'm nowhere near a release yet, still working on writing that.

I'm slowly starting to become an expert on the SD subsystem, lol

• Like 6

I'm highly jealous of your advanced SD technology there :lol:

I never thought this project would become what it is now. I'm having a ton of problems with the BSD driver and after writing to the original authors it seems like the best course of action now is to base off the Linux driver.

Take all them time you need, we currently have a working one thanks to you,if i need my sd card, if laptop did sleep all i have to do is a reboot and my sd works again.

We have faith on you.

Don't worry! Anyway you made our SD cards reader working! Thank you very very much! :) :) :) :)

Take all them time you need, we currently have a working one thanks to you,if i need my sd card, if laptop did sleep all i have to do is a reboot and my sd works again.

We have faith on you.

yes but not too long :P since my 5209 base sd-reader is not working.

Indeed you are a genius sir lol, make it the best way you can, we will test out the drivers as they release, eventually they will come to the speeds their designed for with your brilliant mind. Keep up the good work bro, you got this, nothing you cant make possible with the SD. 

Just wanted to mention that I plan on following this thread for future support on my Lenovo T440s. I think it's been confirmed that your kext works with it, so keep up the good work! I'll be testing it when I get a chance.

Feel free to try it out,Make sure to slide through pages and find latest version,not the one on first page.

It works fine on my ThinkPad L440,except if laptop sleeps, when you wake the kext stops working,if you want to use your sd card again all you have to do is restart.

• Like 1

Hi folks!

little update:

I'm working on the power management support, so that you call can put your laptops in suspend/resume.

Nothing is crashing but the driver is not calling my save/resume state routine, and I'm not sure why yet.

if someone wants to help with testing, here's the latest (debug) build of this thing.

let me know if you see the text "rtsx_softc::setPowerState" in the dmesg log output.

For the record my machine is a X240 thinkpad.

List of supported ID's:  0x520910EC 0x522710EC 0x522910EC 0x522A10EC 0x524910EC 0x528610EC 0x528710EC 0x528910EC

If yours is different try adding it manually to plist and then report.

thanks!

attachicon.gifSinetek-rtsx.kext.zip

Works fine for me. Thank you!

HP ProBook 430 G3, BIOS v1.17

Realtek RTS522A [0x522A10EC]

macOS 10.12.6 Sierra

Sinetek, any updates on the new driver? I'm sure it's a lot of work, but just wondering if you've made any progress since the last update.

okay so it works after I restarted my laptop like twice but on another note the read/write speed are only like 8mbps ? is that normal?

I mean I guess it doesn't truly matter as long as I can get my photos off of my sd card. just wanted to know if that is normal?

Hi Sinetek!

Is there any way to provide you debug data for your kext?

I'm using a Realtek SDCard reader 10EC 5209 but it seems the kext unload itself during boot. Looks like it's a power reset error but I'm not sure of what verbose mode is actually showing and I'm unable to get the bootlog where the errors appears.

Well anyway, thanks for your effort :) !

• 4 weeks later...

Thank you for your great work!

Unfortunately the kext doesn't work for me which is strange because i have a 5289 Card Reader which should be supported by the kext. I tried placing the kext in /EFI/Clover/10.12 /S/L/E and /L/E with disabled SIP but it didn't load. Maybe i have to try the solution from post #90.

HP ENVY 15-aq102ur x360 Kaby Lake

10ec,522a work.

ejecting - work

After sleep did not work. Helped only reboot.

When copy file to card in console flood:

23:25:06.664079 +0300    kernel    rtsx: executing cmd 12
23:25:06.664482 +0300    kernel    rtsx: cmd 12 arg=0 data=0x0 dlen=0 flags=0x1d01 proc="" (error 0)
23:25:06.664484 +0300    kernel    rtsx: executing cmd 13
23:25:06.664595 +0300    kernel    rtsx: cmd 13 arg=0xaaaa0000 data=0x0 dlen=0 flags=0x1c01 proc="" (error 0)
23:25:06.664596 +0300    kernel    rtsx: executing cmd 25
23:25:06.664686 +0300    kernel    rtsx: write xfer: 131072 bytes with block size 512
23:25:06.676652 +0300    kernel    rtsx: xfer done, error=0
23:25:06.676672 +0300    kernel    rtsx: cmd 25 arg=0xc2000 data=<private> dlen=131072 flags=0x1c11 proc="" (error 0)
23:25:06.676674 +0300    kernel    rtsx: executing cmd 12
23:25:06.677022 +0300    kernel    rtsx: cmd 12 arg=0 data=0x0 dlen=0 flags=0x1d01 proc="" (error 0)
23:25:06.677026 +0300    kernel    rtsx: executing cmd 13
23:25:06.677118 +0300    kernel    rtsx: cmd 13 arg=0xaaaa0000 data=0x0 dlen=0 flags=0x1c01 proc="" (error 0)
23:25:06.677120 +0300    kernel    rtsx: executing cmd 25
23:25:06.677181 +0300    kernel    rtsx: write xfer: 131072 bytes with block size 512
23:25:06.689183 +0300    kernel    rtsx: xfer done, error=0

ABOUT THIS MAC->SYSTEM REPORT->CARD READER

don't see device id

Hi,

My card reader's device id is 0x825610EC, I edited the info.plist as suggested and installed the kext in S/L/E and rebooted. It didn't work for me. Then I deleted the kext from S/L/E and tried to load using kextload in terminal which throughs me this message.

Requesting load of /Users/pathik/Desktop/Sinetek-rtsx.kext.

/Users/pathik/Desktop/Sinetek-rtsx.kext failed to load - (libkern/kext) authentication failure (file ownership/permissions); check the system/kernel logs for errors or try kextutil(8).

What are the dependencies? Am I missing something??

Anyway we might get some source code I may can help depending on the languages used

• Like 1