Sinetek's Driver for Realtek "RTSX" SDHC Card Readers

Sinetek
335 posts in this topic

Hello Sinetek, you are a great man for making this driver, which nobody seemed to care much about before you did and got your hands dirty in BSD protocols and drivers. I appreciate your efforts very much but the kext does not seem to work for me. I am using Mac OS X (yes still with the X  :P ) El Capitan 10.11.6 with SIP disabled (0x67) on my beloved ASUS X550LDV.

My card reader is Realtek Ven id 10ec , Device id 5287 

post-1517295-0-62575500-1491308773_thumb.png

I downloaded your kext, form the post #43 and it doesn't seem to work for me, although you have added my id to the kext already, so I didn't even have to change anything in the plist.

When I install it to /S/L/E it complains about signing, although I have the SIP disabled????

post-1517295-0-20022100-1491309027_thumb.png

I also tried loading it from /EFI/Clover/kexts/Other to no success.

I even tried to use kextload to debug the issue, but It simply doesn't work

I would love some assistance and a chance to test the kext.

Thanks again for your hard work.  :rolleyes:

Hello, I'm afraid my kext won't load either. At first I had an error telling me about a kext signature validation error and dependency failures, but I went to the Info.plist and changed (com.apple.kpi.bsd, com.apple.kpi.iokit, com.apple.kpi.libkern, and com.apple.kpi.mach), their values from 16.4 to 15.0 and that was resolved. But I still have the kext signature validation error (Code -67030). Please, can someone lend a hand?

I have also checked if I have disabled SIP, I did.

ah good catch, I should probably relax those values. the signature validation error is not something that should matter on a hackintosh, you should have the SIP disabled and the OS will load the kext (but still whine that I'm too lazy to get a signature)

I have Intel Pcie sd host controller can you make it with your kext?

No. That might be taken care of by quinielascom's driver, however.

• Like 2

Hi Sinetek,

i also have the sign problem and i can't load your kext

Here is my log :

kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext toledaARPT.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67050 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA16 for kext Sinetek-rtsx.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext Lilu.kext
kext file:///System/Library/Extensions/AtherosL1cEthernet.kext/ is in hash exception list, allowing to load
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67013 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA3B for kext AppleMobileDevice.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext AppleBacklightInjector.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext ACPIBatteryManager.kext
Invalid signature -67050 for kext <OSKext 0x7f916a704710 [0x7fffce90dda0]> { URL = "Sinetek-rtsx.kext/ -- file:///System/Library/Extensions/", ID = "com.sinet3k.Sinetek-rtsx" }
KernelCache ID: A9EADA646C474AA2BE8217AD21B1C2F5

I also tried to self sign your kext but with no success at all.

Could you please help me  ?

Same story as above  kext signature validation error (Code -67030). SIP is disabled. How to force it to work ?

It would be awesome if you could help us with this... I am having trouble with the kext and it would be wonderful if it worked.

Best Regards Sinnetek! You are awesome for creating this!  :P

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I have an update. I've just looked into the system log for errors; apparently it allowed the invalid signature for the kext, but immediately gave a "failure override" upon granting. After that, it gave an error which I believe might be the problem:

May  8 00:03:51 Jamiss-MacBook-Pro kernel[0]: kxld[com.sinet3k.Sinetek-rtsx]: The super class vtable '__ZTV20IOBlockStorageDevice' for vtable '__ZTV6SDDisk' is out of date. Make sure your kext has been built against the correct headers.

Ultimately, it followed with an error telling me that it can't load the kext due to link failure.

I'm all for answers!  :D

post-1163883-0-21067400-1494216573_thumb.png

post-1163883-0-94763000-1494216579_thumb.png

Hi guys, as many others here I also can't make it run on hp envy 17 u153nr This laptop also has 522a10ec card reader and there are no messages at all in syslog related to this kext after rebooting. I tried to load the kext from every possible place (clover, sle, le), no luck. For those, who succeeded to load the driver on the same hardware, have you made any additional steps to make it work? I mean any dsdt or kext patches or some clover fixes or special boot args? Can you post your config here, please? 

Regards, Dmitry

Hi guys, as many others here I also can't make it run on hp envy 17 u153nr This laptop also has 522a10ec card reader and there are no messages at all in syslog related to this kext after rebooting. I tried to load the kext from every possible place (clover, sle, le), no luck. For those, who succeeded to load the driver on the same hardware, have you made any additional steps to make it work? I mean any dsdt or kext patches or some clover fixes or special boot args? Can you post your config here, please? 

Regards, Dmitry

For those who have problems with this driver, make sure you have DSDT-XOSI.aml installed in ACPI/patched and _OSI -> XOSI patch installed in clover config. After that I have this driver loaded and working even from kexts/Other folder

Regards, Dmitry

• Like 1

For those who have problems with this driver, make sure you have DSDT-XOSI.aml installed in ACPI/patched and _OSI -> XOSI patch installed in clover config. After that I have this driver loaded and working even from kexts/Other folder

Regards, Dmitry

I had problems with the driver at first but once it started working, I was able to run it from Clover kexts too without anything else.  I'm just curious but now that it's working for you, what happens if you don't have the .aml file and patch?  I have a hunch that it will continue to work.  BTW, with the .aml file and patch, does it continue to work after your computer wakes from sleep?

Regards, Dmitry

Just tried that with no success. Mine is a RTSX 5209 10ec though but it should work as the dev/vendor IDs are present in the info.plist.

To clarify, you meant SSDT-XOSI.aml instead of DSDT-XOSI.aml?

Is this one from RehabMan?

// This SSDT can be used instead of an "OS Check Fix" patch to
// simulate a version of Windows for Darwin
//
// The default code below simulates Windows 2009 (Windows 7)
//
// To use this SSDT, you must compile it as AML, place in ACPI/patched, add
// to config.plist/ACPI/SortedOrder, and use the "change _OSI to XOSI"
// patch in config.plist/ACPI/DSDT/Patches (see config_patches.plist)
//

DefinitionBlock ("", "SSDT", 2, "hack", "XOSI", 0)
{
    // All _OSI calls in DSDT are routed to XOSI...
    // XOSI simulates "Windows 2012" (which is Windows 8)
    // Note: According to ACPI spec, _OSI("Windows") must also return true
    //  Also, it should return true for all previous versions of Windows.
    Method(XOSI, 1)
    {
        // simulation targets
        // source: (google 'Microsoft Windows _OSI')
        //  http://download.microsoft.com/download/7/E/7/7E7662CF-CBEA-470B-A97E-CE7CE0D98DC2/WinACPI_OSI.docx
        Store(Package()
        {
            "Windows",              // generic Windows query
            "Windows 2001",         // Windows XP
            "Windows 2001 SP2",     // Windows XP SP2
            //"Windows 2001.1",     // Windows Server 2003
            //"Windows 2001.1 SP1", // Windows Server 2003 SP1
            "Windows 2006",         // Windows Vista
            "Windows 2006 SP1",     // Windows Vista SP1
            //"Windows 2006.1",     // Windows Server 2008
            "Windows 2009",         // Windows 7/Windows Server 2008 R2
            "Windows 2012",         // Windows 8/Windows Server 2012
            //"Windows 2013",       // Windows 8.1/Windows Server 2012 R2
            //"Windows 2015",       // Windows 10/Windows Server TP
        }, Local0)
        Return (Ones != Match(Local0, MEQ, Arg0, MTR, 0, 0))
    }
}

BTW, I tried both S/L/E and E/C/K/Others and the kext is loaded according to kextstat.

Just tried that with no success. Mine is a RTSX 5209 10ec though but it should work as the dev/vendor IDs are present in the info.plist.

To clarify, you meant SSDT-XOSI.aml instead of DSDT-XOSI.aml?

Is this one from RehabMan?

// This SSDT can be used instead of an "OS Check Fix" patch to
// simulate a version of Windows for Darwin
//
// The default code below simulates Windows 2009 (Windows 7)
//
// To use this SSDT, you must compile it as AML, place in ACPI/patched, add
// to config.plist/ACPI/SortedOrder, and use the "change _OSI to XOSI"
// patch in config.plist/ACPI/DSDT/Patches (see config_patches.plist)
//

DefinitionBlock ("", "SSDT", 2, "hack", "XOSI", 0)
{
    // All _OSI calls in DSDT are routed to XOSI...
    // XOSI simulates "Windows 2012" (which is Windows 8)
    // Note: According to ACPI spec, _OSI("Windows") must also return true
    //  Also, it should return true for all previous versions of Windows.
    Method(XOSI, 1)
    {
        // simulation targets
        // source: (google 'Microsoft Windows _OSI')
        //  http://download.microsoft.com/download/7/E/7/7E7662CF-CBEA-470B-A97E-CE7CE0D98DC2/WinACPI_OSI.docx
        Store(Package()
        {
            "Windows",              // generic Windows query
            "Windows 2001",         // Windows XP
            "Windows 2001 SP2",     // Windows XP SP2
            //"Windows 2001.1",     // Windows Server 2003
            //"Windows 2001.1 SP1", // Windows Server 2003 SP1
            "Windows 2006",         // Windows Vista
            "Windows 2006 SP1",     // Windows Vista SP1
            //"Windows 2006.1",     // Windows Server 2008
            "Windows 2009",         // Windows 7/Windows Server 2008 R2
            "Windows 2012",         // Windows 8/Windows Server 2012
            //"Windows 2013",       // Windows 8.1/Windows Server 2012 R2
            //"Windows 2015",       // Windows 10/Windows Server TP
        }, Local0)
        Return (Ones != Match(Local0, MEQ, Arg0, MTR, 0, 0))
    }
}

BTW, I tried both S/L/E and E/C/K/Others and the kext is loaded according to kextstat.

No, it doesn't works after sleep at the moment, but it's not the only one. I'm still having problems with my DSDT preventing devices from waking up normally. Of cause it is SSDT-XOSI.aml from Rehabman, it was a typo. Without it I can see the driver in kextstat, but there is no device attached to it in ioreg. Mine is 0x522a 0x10ec and it works fine from E/C/K/O

• 2 weeks later...

Hi folks!

little update:

I'm working on the power management support, so that you call can put your laptops in suspend/resume.

Nothing is crashing but the driver is not calling my save/resume state routine, and I'm not sure why yet.

if someone wants to help with testing, here's the latest (debug) build of this thing.

let me know if you see the text "rtsx_softc::setPowerState" in the dmesg log output.

For the record my machine is a X240 thinkpad.

List of supported ID's:  0x520910EC 0x522710EC 0x522910EC 0x522A10EC 0x524910EC 0x528610EC 0x528710EC 0x528910EC

If yours is different try adding it manually to plist and then report.

thanks!

attachicon.gifSinetek-rtsx.kext.zip

Well, my SD card reader was not detected after installation of kext + reboot. My ID is actually listed above: 0x528710EC -- It's an Acer Aspire E5-575G-53VG. (Build Thread). Anything else I should try?

post-1230526-0-26662800-1496089764_thumb.png

Kext is working nicely now, even in sierra! :D

Sleep also works and the card is quite fast  :w00t:

This is awesome , thank you Sinetek

Just a question, is there a way to have our card readers reported in System Profiler and in DPCI Manager?

post-1517295-0-25385800-1496483222_thumb.png

post-1517295-0-49513300-1496483226_thumb.png

Kext is working nicely now, even in sierra! :D

Sleep also works and the card is quite fast  :w00t:

Are you saying that your card reader works after your computer wakes from sleep?

• Like 1