Sinetek's Driver for Realtek "RTSX" SDHC Card Readers

Sinetek
335 posts in this topic

Hi folks!

little update:

I'm working on the power management support, so that you call can put your laptops in suspend/resume.

Nothing is crashing but the driver is not calling my save/resume state routine, and I'm not sure why yet.

if someone wants to help with testing, here's the latest (debug) build of this thing.

let me know if you see the text "rtsx_softc::setPowerState" in the dmesg log output.

For the record my machine is a X240 thinkpad.

List of supported ID's:  0x520910EC 0x522710EC 0x522910EC 0x522A10EC 0x524910EC 0x528610EC 0x528710EC 0x528910EC

If yours is different try adding it manually to plist and then report.

thanks!

attachicon.gifSinetek-rtsx.kext.zip

Hello,

I have the 5249,10ec Realtek SD card and cannot load your kext. After reading the system log, I came to the conclusions that your kext mut have been built under Sierra (10.12) while I'm under El Capitan (10.11). Ive tried to migrate to Sierra, to get the only thing that remained not working on my Dell XPS11 i.e. the SD card reader, however on the way I had lost the touch screen + QE/CI. That's the reasons why I had chosen to remain under El Capitan. 

Will there be any chance that you would built another version of your kext under El Capitan or even older Mac OS, so that more people can fully enjoy their machine.

Thanks in advance for your help

If you insert a cad with THAT driver, your system will crash a few seconds later.

Tested.

I think better file a bug with log (using his maclog) for @syscl on GitHub due to he did not appear on IM for long (maybe too busy for his studying).

Edited: as for the issue tracking here, kp was not introduced by syscl, the kp originated from the base source from sinetek. There may have something sinetek did not commit to his source hub.

Well, I can even give you my KP logs...
Old logs related to old driver, most recent to latest driver version (at least latest at that moment).

BTW, even an old driver has a problem - if I try to eject my SD card without ejection from OS, I'll get a crash, again. That situation is quite random, as for me, but it happens 2/5 times or so.
A new one crash once I insert my card.

I'll try to boot with latest build from GitHub with a SD card inserted.

Any chance for:

USB2.0-CRW:

ID del producto: 0x0129

ID del fabricante: 0x0bda  (Realtek Semiconductor Corp.)

Versión: 39.60

Número de serie: 20100201396000000

Velocidad: Hasta 480 Mb/s

Fabricante: Generic

ID de la ubicación: 0x14400000 / 4

Corriente disponible (mA): 500

Corriente operativa adicional (mA): 0

Thanks in advance

I think this topic is for the SD cards so you'll have to "get in line".   ;)

Any chance for:

USB2.0-CRW:

ID del producto: 0x0129

ID del fabricante: 0x0bda  (Realtek Semiconductor Corp.)

Versión: 39.60

Número de serie: 20100201396000000

Velocidad: Hasta 480 Mb/s

Fabricante: Generic

ID de la ubicación: 0x14400000 / 4

Corriente disponible (mA): 500

Corriente operativa adicional (mA): 0

Thanks in advance

• Like 1

It seems that @syscl has resolved the kp issue when card got inserted, and corrected the power state when card gets inserted which means the scared can be identified(but still error identified arguments). 

Did anyone want to give it a try(https://github.com/syscl/Sinetek-rtsx)? On my device M3800/XP15 9530(RTS5249), I got this when I inserted my sd-card

post-1938210-0-82523400-1519015536_thumb.png

Wish this project will finally come to usable stage, and I think more people get involved will give them much more information(log) to polish this driver!

I did not have any luck with syscl's forked kext.  While the kext loaded ok, it was unable to mount the SD card and caused a KP every time I tried to insert the SD card into the reader after my laptop had booted up.  My config is 10EC:5229.

Hi guys, this is my system:

LAPTOP CLEVO N870HZ

i7-7700HQ 2.80GHz, Intel® HD Graphics 630, 17.3" 

16GB RAM

My SD card is RTL8411B.

I installed the Sinetek-rtsx.kext

but I don't know how to modify properly my config.plist.

Please help.

Thanks

dfrank970

This is my new situation:

LAPTOP CLEVO N870HZ
i7-7700HQ 2.80GHz, Intel® HD Graphics 630, 17.3" 
16GB RAM
HIGH SIERRA 13.3

My SD card is RTL8411B.
I installed the Sinetek-rtsx.kext

Vendor ID: 0x10ec

Device ID: 0x5287                   from windows device manager card reader info

Modify in info.plist (inside Sinetek-rtsx.kext)
<key>IOPCIMatch</key>
<string>0x528710ec</string>
card reader NOT working, creating kernel panic

Here my problem reporting file

thanks
dfrank

debug_7287.zip

You guys... the driver isn't stable and doesn't work... spamming your device IDs like brainless monkeys isn't going to help the people writing the code for this driver do it any faster. Begging/requesting off topic drivers/devices don't belong in this thread.

It seems that @syscl has resolved the kp issue when card got inserted, and corrected the power state when card gets inserted which means the scared can be identified(but still error identified arguments). 

Did anyone want to give it a try(https://github.com/syscl/Sinetek-rtsx)? On my device M3800/XP15 9530(RTS5249), I got this when I inserted my sd-card

attachicon.gifSnip20180218_1.png

Wish this project will finally come to usable stage, and I think more people get involved will give them much more information(log) to polish this driver!

Thanks for letting us know about the latest update to the project ...

I downloaded the latest project and compiled it ... I can confirm that the latest version no longer cause a KP and reboot on card insertion, however it does not attempt to bind RTSX to the device either so the KP and reboot problem may still exist ... 

No Debug written to console log other than the usual two entries on RTSX init:-

2018-02-28 18:09:52.831857+0000 0xec       Default     0x0                  0      kernel: rtsx_softc::probe(PXSX)
2018-02-28 18:09:52.831863+0000 0xec       Default     0x0                  0      kernel: rtsx_softc::start(PXSX) <1>

IOREG shows RTSX loaded but thats all it does .. no card binding to it on card insert :-

RTSX-IOREG.png

Hope that this project can eventually result in a working kext for Realtek 525A Card Reader ..

My System is 15" HP Spectre X360 with SD Reader 10EC:525A ... running MacOS Sierra 10.12.6, Xcode Version 9.2

Cheers

Jay