Want 10.4.8? Think you 'have' 10.4.8? It's out!

cmoski

233 posts in this topic

There is a vast majority of us that don't have USEnet accounts, like myself, and the torrent will get neglected because most of those with usenet will just download from there and not help the torrent.

Well I'll be damned if I'm downloading it via torrent again after the first version problems and 3 day bs download time. I wish people would stop being such cry babies about not having or want to pay for the speed and ease or claiming it's bad for the torrent torrents by having it up on USENET. Kind of a self defeating argument if you claim first of that 'the vast majority' don't have it. I've never seen a Torrent diminished because it got put on USENET, what a load of {censored}. If everyone had that attitude, USENET wouldn't be half as diverse as it is. For the love of god will someone just :) put it up! I'll frigging re-share it by torrent straight away if shuts people up!

Also only select the usb fix if you have USB issues its like all the other pkg's

THEY WORK FOR SOME PEOPLE BUT NOT FOR OTHERS,try them out and if they do not work for you,fix what you need to...

I am not complaining (so please do not get pissed off), but I had to search through several long threads to get information on the USB issue (after I elected to install the 10.4.4 USB "fix" which failed). Not installing the USB "fix" now appears to work just fine (but I already sent somebody out to pick up a PS/2 keyboard for me and now I have to take that back).

Jas, in the future if this sort of thing sort thing could be noted in a "read-me" or "relase notes" file, or perhaps even in the installer itself (as it appears that you can added text description of package options) that would be a huge improvement.

Where can i download the correct torrent i only have the half assed intel sse3 only version and it doesnt even boot when installed standalone it needs to be installed over another osx install im kinda perplexed when it comes to finding the good version so if someone could please point me in the correct direction it would save me a lot of trouble..

Thx in advance

............Rob

ps: i downloaded the crappy version like 2 times and i am kinda ready to just reformat and throw vista on the other partition :help::)

People installing Mifki's kernel should be aware the a messege saying Semthex's kernel is incorrectly displayed (I saw this and aborted my install to verify that I had in fact selected Mifki's kernel).

Hmmm, weird... I selected Mifki's and I have it displaying Mifki's kernel, in yellow, at the top...

Is there a fix yet for the 'About This Mac' problem? Also I have installed 10.4.8 regular and with the mifki and semthex kernels. When I installed mifki I did it on top of a regular 10.4.8 install off of the JaS 10.4.8 but when I restarted it would just get to the point where it would load OS X and just reboot and would continually do this. Any ideas why?

So.. I dont get this just yet :huh:

Should the MD5 and SHA1 be like this?

MD5= a1960475511ffb5ecc7447ac7d71d44c

SHA1= e5217b9e447624d607fce46375366ffa0bcea368

Like on the frontpage, or is this one of the corrupted iso's.. burned two DVD's wich have been installing, but got an error somewhat in the middle of the installation process..

:D

EDIT:

Seems like Nero detects errors.. bad blocks... Strange.. new DVD's... :)

I have successfully installed the reseed 10.4.8 DVD. A couple of hiccups I ran into though:

Despite several tries and using different Disk Utilities (tried one from my 10.4.6 DVD) I still cannot get it to boot without the DVD. If I take the DVD out I get a "HFS+ Partition error" Has anyone else seen this?

With the previous released iso I had the same problem with booting but I got the error "Missing operating system"

1st Partition(NTFS) (primary) Vista

2nd Partition(HFS+) (primary) OSX 10.4.8

3rd Partition(FAT32) (primary) DATA 80905 MB

4th Partition(HFS+) (primary) copy of 10.4.6 I had installed not bootable

2nd thing how do I enable QE on the GMA950? I had selected the GMA950 install package off the DVD but it seems to have stopped working. I know there were some issues with this on the DVD but not sure of the workaround for it.

Much thanks for this release!!

Im having a problem during the install. I used partition magic to create a 30 GB unformatted partition after my 50GB XP partition. Booted with the JaS DVD, and when I have to select a destination for install, the window appears blank and there is nothing to select or no way to continue. I opened the disk utility and formatted the 30gb partition as mac os x journaled, tried rebooting, but still get nothing when asked to select a volume. Did I miss something?

Im having a problem during the install. I used partition magic to create a 30 GB unformatted partition after my 50GB XP partition. Booted with the JaS DVD, and when I have to select a destination for install, the window appears blank and there is nothing to select or no way to continue. I opened the disk utility and formatted the 30gb partition as mac os x journaled, tried rebooting, but still get nothing when asked to select a volume. Did I miss something?

SATA of IDE? Which MotherBoard? Have you installed OSX (previous versions) on it before? You might have to change some settings in your bios if you have a SATA drive.

When I boot off of the 10.4.8 DVD from Jas it goes through and hangs on Load of /sbin/launched failed erno8 anyone else got this? Or is this part of the bad DVD image that people are talking about? I am going to try to reburn it at a lower speed and see if that has any affect. I have a 955x chipset if you don't know what the P5wd2 is. Thank you again very much for everyones help. JAS you are god

got the image (finally) i let it seed for a couple hours earlier.. i'll turn it back on overnight for those of you want want it still...

i'm just waiting on the AMD patch now

any word?

First off big cheers again to Jas and Mifki!

I've just installed the latest DVD with the 8.8.1 kernel and... so far so good. I also tested semthex's kernel but had no luck with it. For some reason it wouldn't recognise my USB keyboard and mouse so I gave mifki's a try which is fine so far. Widescreen res, ethernet, SATA and USB ok for sure. No prob with 'about this mac'. It even seems like the fonts are a bit crisper than on the 10.4.4 kernel.

I did the install on a separate IDE HD and selected Jas 10.4.8 combo update, Mifki kernel and GMA950 support. I wasn't sure about the Sigmatel 9220 patch cos I have a 9223, so I didn't check it. I don't have sound from the Sigmatel but I'll apply the manual patch posted somewhere here which gives audio out through the input.

Tomorrow I'll test some more stuff, especially the M-audio projectmix with Cubase. I'll call it a day for now and keep seeding, aight...

l8rz

sol

I have an ASrock 945G DVI, Core 2 Duo 6600 (not overclocked), ATI X1600XT, Pioneer 110D, Seagate 320 Gb SATA, 2 Gb Ram.

Can anyone tell me which packages I should select when I install this? Don't want to waste a lot of time with trial/error. I figure someone has a similar setup and has already done a successful install. Thanks in advance!

I have an ASrock 945G DVI, Core 2 Duo 6600 (not overclocked), ATI X1600XT, Pioneer 110D, Seagate 320 Gb SATA, 2 Gb Ram.

Can anyone tell me which packages I should select when I install this? Don't want to waste a lot of time with trial/error. I figure someone has a similar setup and has already done a successful install. Thanks in advance!

Kernel choice is yours, I believe both will work for you. Not sure of your audio, and lan. There is a thread just for the new Jas 10.4.8 DVD on your specific board, search for it. I'm pretty sure you don't need the USB2 fix, if you install it, it might not recognize your keyboard when you boot for the first time.

Hey guys do to the confusion on what torrents are what,I posted in the torrent comments on demonoid for the good iso.

Yes gma900 has some issues,what I would do is not even select it when Installing ,and run the pkg after the installation is done.

then you can get it up and running.

Also only select the usb fix if you have USB issues its like all the other pkg's

THEY WORK FOR SOME PEOPLE BUT NOT FOR OTHERS,try them out and if they do not work for you,fix what you need to and most of all,please have fun with tihs.after all that is what this whole this is all about,lets not forget that :D

So, just for clarity.. are there problems with GMA900 & GMA950? Or just 900..

Thanks

Well the pkg is not supposed to support your FGL gfx card,only x1x00 series,thats why I named them that.I thought the names were clear.I'll try harder next time to name them something better.

No, you did name them well. It is not a problem. I just assumed it would work because the FireGL 5200 is an x1600 at its core.