Want 10.4.8? Think you 'have' 10.4.8? It's out!

cmoski

233 posts in this topic

(don't PM me for the link, just search there for JaS and you will find it!):

No, we won't :D Any keyword hints? JaS did not upped anything ppf-like on demonoid by now. Who is the

seeder? Thanks :(

Same here.

This are supposed to be the checksums for ISO:

MD5=a1960475511ffb5ecc7447ac7d71d44c

SHA1= e5217b9e447624d607fce46375366ffa0bcea368

It´s the TORRENT HASH, not the ISO HASH.

The torrent has one more file.

search "10.4.8 JaS" - this is not about a ppf, it´s a reseed of the complete and correct ISO.

Ah ok I misunderstood B) Yes I am already leeching @ 40%.

Is it for AMD of intell?

It is for intel, but in order to apply the upcoming ppf patches for AmD, you'll need this torrent.

Torrents use hashchecking, so this should not be problem. If it were so easy to corrupt torrents, the RIAA and MPAA would be doing it constantly and the torrent system would not work at all.

I do not know what happened with the first JaS 10.4.8 seed, but I am still not convinced it was in fact corrupted by RatioMaster (or whatever) either. [sorry, Jas].

I don't think that is impossible. You can get the source-code of azureus at sourceforge. I think with a lot work that should be possible to have a client that sends packages looking the same but contain somethings else.

But the result of this would be that you receive waste and not a 80% working DVD.

How I understood JaS, this release was not for the public - only for some early testers. But someone brought it to public. So it was a early shot and we wasted some time and bandwidth - never mind.

JaS makes a great job and that should be the thing we keep in mind.

re-book

Theres a difference between the TORRENT hash and the ISO hash.

Torrent hash from uTorrent: 9B91456DCFEF6DEF3E096A440DF0A2C8F507A11

Patched iso's MD5= a1960475511ffb5ecc7447ac7d71d44c

Patched iso's SHA1= e5217b9e447624d607fce46375366ffa0bcea368

Yeah now I got one with: Torrent hash from uTorrent: 9B91456DCFEF6DEF3E096A440DF0A2C8F507A11

Hope that is correct!

files details 517355 :spam:

Yep I am on 517355

Reports:

Torrent hash from uTorrent: 9B91456DCFEF6DEF3E096A440DF0A2C8F507A11

Anyone else can confirm?

mathdude1284. now that you are ready with dl, could you check if the md5 hash is ok?

to do so, just fire up the terminal and type

md5 (then drag your file here with the mouse)

wow - both kernels run on my laptop - Semthex' Kernel scrores at an average of XBench 99 and Mifki's between 102 and 105 - before I had 65-67 :-) (without QE/ CI I have to admit). Pretty darn cool, ain't it :) ?

Does that mean that after removing the 950 kexts, that QE/CI will work for the 900s?

Yes, this is exactly what it means.

Enjoy!

Has somebody a ATI X1900XTX running with this build? I had very big problems on the others build with the card. Or for what is the installationpoint "10.4.8.ATi.Radeon.1x00.pcie.support"?

And how can i solve the problem with the GMA900 Support? I´m totally new to this, so please do a easy tutorial oder anything like that :) And whats the difference between GMA900 and GMA950?

EDIT: OK now i know what GMA is, its the graphic unit onboard. But which should i install now?

Same here until I reconfigured my router, firewall, and Azureus settings. The NAT/Firewall test by Azureus is now OK, and "health" icons show up nice and green. Download speeds improved considerably.

But I get refused by most peers, so my dl rate is 4/5kb/sec, while I upload at 50k.....

mathdude1284. now that you are ready with dl, could you check if the md5 hash is ok?

to do so, just fire up the terminal and type

md5 (then drag your file here with the mouse)

I just checked the iso and the md5 checksum is identical to the one in the first post. So all is ok for my copy.

Torrents use hashchecking, so this should not be problem. If it were so easy to corrupt torrents, the RIAA and MPAA would be doing it constantly and the torrent system would not work at all.

I do not know what happened with the first JaS 10.4.8 seed, but I am still not convinced it was in fact corrupted by RatioMaster (or whatever) either. [sorry, Jas].

If we can get osx running on a pc , someone can corrupt a seed.Nothing is impossible. Thats like ppl saying , I am not convinced they have the new kernel running LOL.