Want 10.4.8? Think you 'have' 10.4.8? It's out!

cmoski

233 posts in this topic

Hi, I've downloaded the new iso, and i have the correct hash, but i cant seem to get it to boot right. I've tried booting it with -v, and it shows "Still waiting for root device" I've tried setting jumpers differently on my hard drive and dvd drive and changing the ide ports, but it doesn't seem to help. I'm using a D101ggc motherboard with a 506 pentium 4 processor at 2.66Ghz. Can anyone help?

your mobo is not supported

Thanks JaS. Works perfectly for me. USB update broke my USB, but second install I did was perfect. I even have USB audio working.

iCal works, GMA950. One request, could you include the REALTech Network driver (RTL1xxx_1.02.pkg)? It works for the onboard NIC of the ConRoe945G boards.

Many, many thanks.

Rogn

Thanks JaS. Works perfectly for me. USB update broke my USB, but second install I did was perfect. I even have USB audio working.

iCal works, GMA950. One request, could you include the REALTech Network driver (RTL1xxx_1.02.pkg)? It works for the onboard NIC of the ConRoe945G boards.

Many, many thanks.

Rogn

Great , glad you hear its working well for you.As for the pkg you want included,send me a link to it in pm and I will try and get it into the next release.

First off,

Thank you Mr. JaS. Your willingness to work for the often inept collective (me included) should be commended.

After getting a good checksum, I have tried to install your NEW 10.4.8. It installs fine on my Thinkpad T60p, yet upon reboot I get a kernel panic, and it gives me some backtrace info, noting the ACPI, IOPCCard, and some other memory pointer gibberish.

Mifki kernel.

Which info is relevant to your work?

If I have a Intel sse2 machine

will I still need this dvd ???

or will a sse2 dvd be released in the future ???

thanks

:D

secondly I would like to ask, does all the software works 100% on such a hacked osx system ???

or are there certain softwares that does not work or are somewhat crippled in certain places ???

Thanks for all the hard work JaS!

Especially since you got ULi working, which was my main problem with OS X86.

I will be sure to donate as soon as I can some money in my account.

Great , its nice to see ppl having success with the new reseed.Also keep an eye out for a new ppf to add amd sse3 support to the reseed iso :D

After getting a good checksum, I have tried to install your NEW 10.4.8. It installs fine on my Thinkpad T60p, yet upon reboot I get a kernel panic, and it gives me some backtrace info, noting the ACPI, IOPCCard, and some other memory pointer gibberish.

Mifki kernel.

Which info is relevant to your work?

I rebooted using DVD and removed PCCard kext, and was able to boot.

I then got gibberish on my screen from installing the ATIX1000 pkg, which does not seem to support Mobility FGL 5200, even with a dev id change.

I rebooted using DVD and removed PCCard kext, and was able to boot.

I then got gibberish on my screen from installing the ATIX1000 pkg, which does not seem to support Mobility FGL 5200, even with a dev id change.

Well the pkg is not supposed to support your FGL gfx card,only x1x00 series,thats why I named them that.I thought the names were clear.I'll try harder next time to name them something better.

There is a vast majority of us that don't have USEnet accounts, like myself, and the torrent will get neglected because most of those with usenet will just download from there and not help the torrent.

Sounds like download WELFARE to me - ha ha ha

Nice thing about usenet is that i can get it in an hour rather than waiting a day or two on torrent.

I am on mininova - 15 leechers and no seeds. A lot of good that does us.

Sounds like download WELFARE to me - ha ha ha

Nice thing about usenet is that i can get it in an hour rather than waiting a day or two on torrent.

I am on mininova - 15 leechers and no seeds. A lot of good that does us.

Then count me in on that download welfare.there are a good amount of seeds on demonoid and oink,met me see if I can get some over to mininova

Need some Help...

Have got the last version of Install DVD, but still a roblem, i went through the Installation without Errors, but after the "Starting MacOS" i got the Blue, and then a clear white Screen, my System is working in the background, but i cant see it.

Aopen i945GTm-VHl, CoreDuo1.66, GMA950.

Can someone help me?

I think, im not a Newbie, but i do not know, what i can do to resolve that...

Thanks.. Rene

Update: Problem found, there are no Mediadata, which are played at the End of First Boot, on the DVD.. so the Setup-Screen comes after the white Screen...

But my Systen cannot still reboot, ShutDown is working, but reboot stoped in a blue Screen with Spinning Wheel.

Why do people like Demonoid so much?

Why use something where you actually have to have an account?

It is not like it would stop the cops or something.

Having an account is actually worse for tracking purposes.

For those wondering if the old invalid ISO will work:

Trash the old ISO. It will not work. :P

So, for those of us that managed to get the old invalid ISO to install and seem to have everything working, is there something in that background that is still borked?

I managed to get the 'corrupted' one installed with very little problems. After installing the other available patches I needed that weren't included with the DVD, I seem to have everything running fine.

What are the differences between the two releases, and does anyone know which files were borked besides the disk utility?

I guess I'm asking if I really need to download the most recent release and reinstall. Is there something in the working release that I might not have?

Thanks again to all the developers and people working to make the osx86 project a reality.

hi, I have the same question as above, cause i'm running well even if i downloaded the first iso.

waiting for advice on the need to download new re-seed (maybe it's usefull in case of frequent reinstall due to working disk utility, and i'm a noob = frequent reinstall!!).

bye

I've been following this whole thing only for about a week, and I must say I'm impressed!

I'm such a newb at this whole thing: I managed to download this newest iso, has the same md5 as the one in the first post, and I was just wondering, how in the heck do I create a bootable DVD off of it? Just burn the ISO?

I'm sorry for such a newb-like question, but I do appreciate any help.

And thanks to all who make this stuff possible.

I've been following this whole thing only for about a week, and I must say I'm impressed!

I'm such a newb at this whole thing: I managed to download this newest iso, has the same md5 as the one in the first post, and I was just wondering, how in the heck do I create a bootable DVD off of it? Just burn the ISO?

I'm sorry for such a newb-like question, but I do appreciate any help.

And thanks to all who make this stuff possible.

use alcohol (Image burn) or nero Open file then select ISO file then click Burn button

Sigh... ;)

I can't get it to work on my GA-965P-DS3. It's all very well having ICH8 support as an installer package, but I need it for the booting of the DVD in the first place.

I've tried installing it the normal way how I would with 10.4.7 - it doesn't work (still waiting for root device).

I then tried enetering -v platform=X86PC mifki.mach_kernel, left it for 5 minutes, saw it got to the blue installer screen. Left it for a few more minutes and came back to see my PC had shut itself down... :)

Sigh... :whistle:

I can't get it to work on my GA-965P-DS3. It's all very well having ICH8 support as an installer package, but I need it for the booting of the DVD in the first place.

I've tried installing it the normal way how I would with 10.4.7 - it doesn't work (still waiting for root device).

I then tried enetering -v platform=X86PC mifki.mach_kernel, left it for 5 minutes, saw it got to the blue installer screen. Left it for a few more minutes and came back to see my PC had shut itself down... :censored2:

the ich8 kext doesnt work.

the new reseed 10.4.8 works fine.

i didnt need to enter anything in boot file to make the dvd boot. all you need to do is make sure your dvd rom drive on slave sata port.

oh don;t forget to put the fsb setting after installation on the boot file:

example:

<key>kernel flag</key>

<sting>fsb=266</sting>

(266 = core duo2)

the ich8 kext doesnt work.

the new reseed 10.4.8 works fine.

i didnt need to enter anything in boot file to make the dvd boot. all you need to do is make sure your dvd rom drive on slave sata port.

oh don;t forget to put the fsb setting after installation on the boot file:

example:

kernel flag

fsb=266

(266 = core duo2)

Ahh, ok. I'll give that a shot and let you know how I get on.

P.S. Do I have to put 266 even if I'm overclocking? And what happens if I put 455, for example?