Want 10.4.8? Think you 'have' 10.4.8? It's out!

cmoski

233 posts in this topic

JAS, there are 2 new files on Demonoid saying they are re-seeds from your DVD ¿Is this correct? ¿Are they fakes again?

The one posted by joostbokern is just broken. The other one is right.

I am getting really bad speeds - 11 meg in 110 minutes. Anyone experiencing a speedy download?

The one posted by joostbokern is just broken. The other one is right.

I am getting really bad speeds - 11 meg in 110 minutes. Anyone experiencing a speedy download?

Horrible speeds here as well. Plenty of seeds/peers to leech from, just no action. 10 days to go! :(

can somebody teach me how to do the iso hash check?

On what OS and using which hash algorithm? On OSX, you can type (in terminal window):

openssl dgst -md5 whatever_filename.iso

to get MD5 hash, or:

openssl dgst -sha1 whatever_filename.iso

to get SHA1 hash.

On what OS and using which hash algorithm? On OSX, you can type (in terminal window):

to get MD5 hash,

Even more simple: In terminal, type: md5 <filename>

Ok, just started downloading. 1.25 Days left...

Thanks for all the hard work JaS, I appreciate that you have added in Intel ICH8 SATA support: Very good for us DS3 guys! :idea:

Good work, keep it up! :sorcerer:

Yeah now I got one with: Torrent hash from uTorrent: 9B91456DCFEF6DEF3E096A440DF0A2C8F507A11

Hope that is correct!

Yep I am on 517355

Reports:

Torrent hash from uTorrent: 9B91456DCFEF6DEF3E096A440DF0A2C8F507A11

Anyone else can confirm?

I getting the same from uTorrent.... that doesn't match the MD5 hash from Jas.

Any comments?

ccg

I dont understand why you post to demonoid - a place you have to have an account

but you wont post to usenet which is faster and ANONYMOUS

Vast majority of folks have usenet access so why not post there?

Also - which version is this?

http://www.mininova.org/tor/474445

Is this the latest fixed version?

Update - I found this

Known Issues: If you have an Intel GMA 900, select the GMA package while installing. However, this package has it's permissions set incorrectly and the GMA 950 kexts need to be deleted so that the GMA 900 kexts load. This needs to be fixed post install.

I dont understand why you post to demonoid - a place you have to have an account

but you wont post to usenet which is faster and ANONYMOUS

Vast majority of folks have usenet access so why not post there?

There is a vast majority of us that don't have USEnet accounts, like myself, and the torrent will get neglected because most of those with usenet will just download from there and not help the torrent.

Hey guys do to the confusion on what torrents are what,I posted in the torrent comments on demonoid for the good iso.

Yes gma900 has some issues,what I would do is not even select it when Installing ,and run the pkg after the installation is done.

then you can get it up and running.

Also only select the usb fix if you have USB issues its like all the other pkg's

THEY WORK FOR SOME PEOPLE BUT NOT FOR OTHERS,try them out and if they do not work for you,fix what you need to and most of all,please have fun with tihs.after all that is what this whole this is all about,lets not forget that :dev:

Hey guys do to the confusion on what torrents are what,I posted in the torrent comments on demonoid for the good iso.

Yes gma900 has some issues,what I would do is not even select it when Installing ,and run the pkg after the installation is done.

then you can get it up and running.

Also only select the usb fix if you have USB issues its like all the other pkg's

THEY WORK FOR SOME PEOPLE BUT NOT FOR OTHERS,try them out and if they do not work for you,fix what you need to and most of all,please have fun with tihs.after all that is what this whole this is all about,lets not forget that :dev:

check your paypal. i donated :compress:

thanks for the ULi support, just waiting on the sse3 amd patch to try out osx

great work

Hi, I've downloaded the new iso, and i have the correct hash, but i cant seem to get it to boot right. I've tried booting it with -v, and it shows "Still waiting for root device" I've tried setting jumpers differently on my hard drive and dvd drive and changing the ide ports, but it doesn't seem to help. I'm using a D101ggc motherboard with a 506 pentium 4 processor at 2.66Ghz. Can anyone help?

Maybe everyone should just be patient in receiving this new torrent. We've all waited this long for such a breakthrough, so what is another week or so in downloading? This version was released and re-released within a week, look at that compared to the vista dates. Hilarious!

I think it was Heinz Ketchup who popularized the phrase "Good things come to those who wait."

Those commercials were funny.

to get MD5 hash, or:

openssl dgst -sha1 whatever_filename.iso

to get SHA1 hash.

so i need to burn the iso to dvd 1st.. then boot with the DVD and go in OSX installation to check?

can i check it in XP before i burn in DVD?