JaS 10.4.8 Intel SSE3 ONLY DVD Install discussion

Meltro

551 posts in this topic

asapreta, i find it strange that we all have the same md5... as if something made JaS DVD packets go through a same filter :), because usually if corruption, only few people have it, and it will be different for each... conspiracy theory :)

This 10.4.8 update/DVD, does it use a new kernel or is it still using the old 10.4.3/10.4.4 from the old transition kit release?

If that's the case, I won't bother trying to install it on my Sony Vaio SZ as most of the peripherals didn't work with the earlier kernel.

JY

because everybody's got the same md5 hash (if using the same tool)

Not everyone has the same md5 , cmoski has a different one then you and so do it,I didnt post the torrent hash,I posted my md5 from the dvd I was seeding I use md5 in the terminal to get my sum.

As this is one big f***ing assfest , I am building a new dvd from scratch , its going to be based back off the 4.4 dmg, as that seems to work fine without any bless issues.

The new torrent will be seeded to a few ppl for testing then I will up it to oink,they ban ratiomaster.

If anyone wants to give the new one a shot just join irc.mackspeak.net #JaS.DVD

I will be on in that channel in about 30 minutes from now.

Not everyone has the same md5 , cmoski has a different one then you and so do it,I didnt post the torrent hash,I posted my md5 from the dvd I was seeding I use md5 in the terminal to get my sum.

As this is one big f***ing assfest , I am building a new dvd from scratch , its going to be based back off the 4.4 dmg, as that seems to work fine without any bless issues.

The new torrent will be seeded to a few ppl for testing then I will up it to oink,they ban ratiomaster.

I will be on in that channel in about 30 minutes from now.

Sounds good :)

Thanks

JaS,

Could you please confirm the host name?

* Looking up irc.mackspeak.net

* Unknown host. Maybe you misspelled it?

Installed fine after creating the partions and formating with 10.4.7 then loaded with 10.4.8 for the first time on a dell optiplex gx280 with sse3 enabled!!! Had to use sse2 patch b4...

Only thing not working is ical and my realtek 8139 card. I also do not have a functioning kext for my x1600.

my "about this mac" does not crash.

Any ideas on the realtek problems? Would like to get back online......

JaS. I just want to say a big thank you for all your hard work.. Screw the people complaining.. It's a simple bless issue and those who have been around have had to deal with it before back in the days of 10.4.4 and 10.4.5 when Maxxuss was still around. There are a number of ways around it and there is a search button. People are just lazy.. But THANKS again. It's working wonderfully and I along with others really do appreciate all the work you are putting into this.

JaS. I just want to say a big thank you for all your hard work.. Screw the people complaining.. It's a simple bless issue and those who have been around have had to deal with it before back in the days of 10.4.4 and 10.4.5 when Maxxuss was still around. There are a number of ways around it and there is a search button. People are just lazy.. But THANKS again. It's working wonderfully and I along with others really do appreciate all the work you are putting into this.

I agree, just point me to the torrent or whatever, I'll download it, and put my nice fast upload system back to work... till then, I've disabled the seeding.

First off, big thanks to JaS for all the hard work, and especially his patience, which is worn more than thin at this point.

Obviously there are problems, and I'm NOT having most of them.

I just installed over an existing JaS 10.4.8 (old kernel) installation.

iSight doesn't work. That is, photobooth doesn't work, but iSight camera is identified in the system profiler. Strange.

Onboard Lan works (posting from 8.8.1 right now), but my "airport extreme" belkin wirelessG isn't being identified. Usually if it doesn't, it will after deleting all the airport/network preferences, and rebooting, but not this time.

Parallels had some message about unable to communicate with driver.

iTunes seems to have been replaces with an earlier version and won't load my library.

We love you JaS. If I was a hot chick, I would still sleep with you. :police:

OK, I installed JaS 10.4.8 dvd ( I used Vitaly's kernel)

1. About this Mac is working

2. Installed Neo's patch DVI is working

3. Ical is not working

4. Azalla kext not available

5. Incorrect number of processor is shown ( I got P4 3.2 HT)

Will try to install Semthex kernel if problem in recognizing no. of cpu will be fixed.

The new torrent will be seeded to a few ppl for testing...

Did JaS say where the new "test" torrent will be seeded?

...then I will up it to oink,they ban ratiomaster.

Oink is going to be a hassle for a lot people without accounts (or invites).