JaS 10.4.8 Intel SSE3 ONLY DVD Install discussion

Meltro

551 posts in this topic

I´m trying to fix the ISO as mentioned before, forced a recheck of the download and surprisingly it needed 0,1% to finish again.

Let´s see.

my utorrrent says: 51.3 MB unusable - ckecksum error .. won't even bother to run md5.

@ JaS: I think the suggestion with a private tracker for now is good. We have the one over @ hackint0sh. You can set up a private option there, seeding to a couple of people. 51.3 MB are very quickly replaced ..

@ Rammjet: thanks for the hints about Extensions.mkext. I do have a 10.4.8 kernel install with a working Extensions.mkext, that one just does not boot past the logon screen right now. But before I do not have a 100% cosher DVD image I won't dmg read/write that image to my HFS data partition.

I cant use SemtheX kernel, the screen just goes black, trying mifki's :blink:

Same problem re black screen - Initial grey Mac screen, then Black screen (no curser, no GUI). System seems to keep on booting.

Compiled semthex kernel and installed.

Compiled mifki kernel and installed.

Tried to boot with Jas DVD.

Tried various BIOS and boot parameter changes (-s -v -x cpus=1, platform=acpi, etc...). Result - Black screen.

Even verbose mode goes to Black Screen after initial kext loads (I believe ACPI is the last to load).

Dell 6400 Laptop

Core DUO

GMA 950 graphics

It appears this kernel or the kexts do not provide GMA 950 graphics support (or support for laptop LCD ...) ?

This laptop also ships with ATI graphics - Anyone get it to work ... ?

Comments ....

OK installed again but wiped the drive clean before the install. I was getting apple915 error before and no qe or ci as i installed teh gma900 support. This time i didnt install the gma900 support and i get qe and ci but i dont get the option top change the rez to anything but 1024x768 also the 915 error is gone. so my question is if i ahve the 950 do i need to install the gma900 support. if not how do i get all the rez's that i had before?

brad

edit:

benching went up about form 125 to 165 on xbench

md5 (with md5summer and hashcalc): 36463658aff360345550fd6245645831

sha1 (with hashcalc): 6dc1174b738798f7dfd3e7e3b1454f6d082d011e

(hashcalc 2.01 www.slavasoft.com/hashcalc )

(can't try installing -- amd -- but adding at least another md5/sha1 tool above)

1) What gives your log-tab as blocked ip-address? 2) Do you've DHT enabled?

1) don't know - where's that "log-tab" in utorrent?

2) yes, by default in utorrent. Never messed with that. What's DHT anyway .. :blink: ? Should that be disabled ?!?

I think that one MD5 checker cageman posted has a bug in its MD5 algo. Because everyone (excluding Jas and the others using that checker) got the same MD5 hash (36463658aff360345550fd6245645831) regardless of what program they used. A variety of other tools (md5summer, MD5sum, osx, Advanced Checksum Verifier, openssl, hashcalc) all got the same hash. So use a real and working MD5 program. cageman's program seems to incorrectly calculate it.

DHT means that you can download even when there is no seed, so exchange between peers who have not completed, also it relies less on a tracker as soon as you have buillt a peer list...

Actually it means you can download when there is no tracker (aka, tracker is down). With DHT, you can still download from the seeder. Without DHT, you can still download from peers. :(

And DHT is meant to help you, not screw u over.

Okay I followed the one guy and repartitioned and reformatted with my 10.4.7 Jas install dvd then I booted up the 10.4.8 and installed without formatting and it boots without the DVD now.

I put in the intel 900/950 patch and I can change res but I don't have QE/CI support. I deleted the appleintel915 files and that stopped my error but I really would like to get the ci/qe support back. Any ideas?

Magicman

I still cannot get into the system profiler.

And I have no sound I just realized...... Asus P5GD1-VM with intel 915 chipset

Guest bikedude880
magicman

the gma900 patch was the cause of the qe and ci not working i reinstalled without using the patch and i now have qe and ci but i cant change the rez. so it sorta broke

brad

Reinstall AppleIntegratedFramebuffer.kext from an earlier version. You should get res change back.

If i could fix the rez deal on the gma950 i'd be all set

brad

Reinstall AppleIntegratedFramebuffer.kext from an earlier version. You should get res change back.

is there some way to pull that off another install disk or do i have to install an older version and grab it from there?

brad

Here is what I have:

MD5:

36463658aff360345550fd6245645831

SHA1:

6dc1174b738798f7dfd3e7e3b1454f6d082d011e

These were calculated via md5sum and sha1sum on my Linux machine.

File was downloaded via Azureus on my PowerPC Mac.

I'm making Azureus recheck the ISO now, and have stopped seeding until this is figured out.

Well demonoid was always good for releasing,looks like its not not anymore.

By my opinion this is not a tracker issue...robustnes of distribution package should be increased...

..here I sugest to learn from proven "scene" distribution rules...where "releases must be broken into rars of 50.000.000 bytes" and "SFVs must be included"

I have checked so many many times while i was downloading, and used both azureus and utorrent...

for sure if they did, these fake seeders really fooled us :(

jr008, i fully agree with you, and it makes it much easier to manage, like selective choosing when one file is corrupt, etc