JaS 10.4.8 Intel SSE3 ONLY DVD Install discussion

Meltro

551 posts in this topic

Hi,

I installed MacOs x86 10.4.8 JaS. And there were no errors while installing. But after the installation i try to boot osx but i get this error.

Failure while loading operating system. In 10.4.6 i got this error to but i fixed it but now i don't know anymore how i did it.

Does somebody else also this problem.

If you got it installed, but can't boot, try using a Rescue disc (I use Acronis Disk Director), and making the OS X partition active. Once I did this and rebooted, the screen was black for a few seconds then it said 'Loading Darwin' and booted Mac OS X successfully.

Nd

Hi guys! Got the new JaS 10.4.8 DVD. Setup went successfully, OS works faster than 10.4.8 with old kernel, BUT... it works only a few minutes and after that comes the gray screen with "You need to restart your computer..." I had not such a problem before. What can it be? How can I see the crash log to analyze what's wrong?

i solved the zebra stripes...

i installed 10.4.7 and took the ati x1xx pci-e pkg from 10.4.8 and tried to install it on .7 and i immediately got the stripes after reboot, so i installed .8 again, but left the x1xx pci-e option unchecked...i now have 10.4.8 installed and running minus QE/CI

ThinkPad T60.

Intel Centrino Duo T2500

ATI mobility X1400

Intel 945G HD Audio

installed with semtech and combo 10.4.8 and it didn't worked .

When boot it show up a gray screen and some warning to restart texts.

reinstalled with mifki and combo , the same problem.

Hi,

I installed MacOs x86 10.4.8 JaS. And there were no errors while installing. But after the installation i try to boot osx but i get this error.

Failure while loading operating system. In 10.4.6 i got this error to but i fixed it but now i don't know anymore how i did it.

Does somebody else also this problem.

I got the same problem with you.

But in 10.4.6 , i didn't get this problem.

Well I am writing from my almost perfectly working OSX 10.4.8 box with latest Darwin Kernel 8.8.1 (semthex)...

It took me 3 days to get it working.

The trick was given to me by a dude in irc, even if he does not know exactly why, but i narrowed it down.

I was getting mainly a kernel panic with acpi failure. but also a crash with no reason as well.

This is how to avoid it: two ways...

1. When u install, make sure u do not select semthex or mifki kernel. The important package in the installation, that which makes it work is Jas.10.4.8.with.semthex.pkg and it already contains semthex kernel.

2. You can upgrade from a working 10.4.7 or lower installation and do an upgrade, now u can choose semthex or mifki kernel, however at end of installation do not reboot and run again Jas.10.4.8.with.semthex.pkg, that worked for me, even when i destroyed it by putting in new kexts etc...

3. Use a vmware machine with an older version, and point it to a physical hard disk, taking care of the above.

The included ati x1000 patch produces bad tearing, the one released by Neopheus is much better, I now have 512MB recognised, even if AGP is not (despite choosing AGP extra option) I think that works for AMD.

What does not work for me is the Network LAN.

Initially it wont recognise any PCI card, but then I replaced iopcifamily.kext from 10.4.7, and then it recognised my firewire card, but still complains that my network card is not connected.

This is a bummer for me as i rely a lot on home networking...

My integrated network card worked from the start...

Thats it for now...

Edit: I now have a 100% fully working OSX 10.4.8 / 8.8.1 Box

Hello all.

I took the time to read almost all the posts which might help me, and it took me 2 hours :-P.

Anyway i couldn't find a solution. VMware confirms my problem with the newest jas 10.4.8 Install dvd iso. My PC simply boots from the dvd and reboots without saying anything before the kernel is loaded. VMware sais, whats in the attachment. I also tried different media (dvd-r/+r/-rw/+rw), aswell as different dvd burners, and different burning software. the md5/sha1 of the 10.4.8 iso match those provided by jas at demonoid.

10.4.6 worked wonderful on my computer. 10.4.7 gives errno88 in VMware.

As soon as I get my bankaccount to work online i will donate for Jas and Kiko, but now I'm desperate for a solution to this.

Keep doing the great stuff guys!

PS: I already checked weather my hardware id compatible. it is.

post-62425-1162810023_thumb.jpg

The trick was given to me by a dude in irc, even if he does not know exactly why, but i narrowed it down.

I was getting mainly a kernel panic with acpi failure. but also a crash with no reason as well.

This is how to avoid it: two ways...

1. When u install, make sure u do not select semthex or mifki kernel. The important package in the installation, that which makes it work is Jas.10.4.8.with.semthex.pkg and it already contains semthex kernel.

Can you explain this more?

1.the kernel panic with acpi failure ,is it like this ? Pic2

2.here the install means the jas 10.4.8 clean install, right? where is the Jas.10.4.8.with.semthex.pkg?

when i install , i only select the Jas 10.4.8.combo.update and 10.4.4.Loginwindow. but it still doesn't work .

thanks.

WOW !!!! That's the best thing I can ever say !!! Thanks so much Jas

This new install did not corrupt my HDD like the 1st one.

The installation all went smooth without any problems.

Pentium D 2.8Ghz

ASrock Conroe945G-DVI

GMA950

120GB ATA HDD

Sony DRU-800 DVD Writer

19" TFT LG L1915S (VGA connected)

So I installed the specific packages with Semthex kernel since I have SSE3 processor (BTW this my first time to use Mac on this new motherboard)

The display driver installed correctly. I have only 2 wishes from you Jas.

Would you include the Realtek NIC driver solution by DaemonES?

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...;hl=realtek+lan

NeoPheus has already made an installer for it. http://www.installers.dl.am/

The most difficult part was patching the ALC888 driver (AppleAzalia)

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=18642

After I made the necessary correction, I got my audio back. Can you implement a patch in your installation to facilitate this process ?

Thanks for the great work

This DVD just refuses to boot on my system, specs are at bottom. I got the Reseed. The MD5 and SHA1 check out, through MD5Summer (Windows) and through OSX Terminal.

VMware gives some CPU halted error.

Native gives Kernel Panic, but in -x -v -fsb=133, it will give some NetInfo.framework errors, then some airport errors and just Hang. Also gave the Mifki kernel a go, but nope it wont boot. I have SSE3, but OSX doesnot show it. 10.4.6 JaS is installed with SSE3 options.

On the same config(VMWare/Native) the 10.4.6 DVD boots flawlessly.

i've downloaded the new 10.4.8 but same problem as before "waiting for root device"....i get the no smoking sign ontop of the grey apple when trying to install with DVD....

i'm just wondering Does having 2 DVD drives have anything to do with this cuz I got a LG DVDRW+- as the primary DVD drive < this one won't boot the 10.4.8 DVD at all and i got a LG DVD rom as secondary < this drive boots the 10.4.8 DVD but like i mention above gives me the no smoking sign

im wondering does it have anything to do with it being a Secondary DVD rom drive

this is the new "fixed" reseeded DVD on demonoid i had the same problem with the first DVD aswell...

im running on

Pentium D 930

Asus P5N32 Sli deluxe mobo

2 SATA drives windows and storage

IDE drive (usb) for mac OS

7900GT

this is the new "fixed" reseeded DVD on demonoid i had the same problem with the first DVD aswell...

im running on

Pentium D 930

Asus P5N32 Sli deluxe mobo

2 SATA drives windows and storage

IDE drive (usb) for mac OS

7900GT

It looks like you are trying to boot from an IDE drive in a USB enclosure. Windows will not boot from USB without modifying windows and it may be the same for Mac. Suggest you get a cheap SATA-IDE adapter and boot from SATA. My runs fine that way.

chaego, are you using a sata or pata hd? if you're using a sata, do install the patch for it. we would be able to help you out of you booted in verbose mode, type -v in darwin and give us a copy of the monitor screen.

however so, i have a feeling that your partition is not active. either that or its set to slave instead of master. your best bet is to unplug everything, set your hd to master in ide0. make sure your bios is set to boot from it and give itr another shot.

Hope this helps.

@saego

i get that screen too.

Im on a brand new laptop toshiba a100-906 (core2duo 1,83 nvidia 7600 sata HD 1g ram).

all the thinks ive done is.

dload the 10.4.8.Burn it as is, with macsox disk util.(i also got an imac).

boot from DVD>format the hd in two partitions (with 10.4.8 dvd util) first part fat 32 for later windows install second part.HSF for macosx install.Start installation on second part with no problems or corraptions > reboot and get that screen.

i didnt remove anything from the iso (kernels?)or didnt choose anywhere which kernel to install.

I found out that if I had both my drives plugged in Seconary IDE, it would work. My IDE is Primary Master. But if Sec Slave was not, it would not work. 10.4.6 would work though.

So check it out.

i've downloaded the new 10.4.8 but same problem as before "waiting for root device"....i get the no smoking sign ontop of the grey apple when trying to install with DVD....

Hey guys I had that problem too! and I solved it loading the AppleVIAATA.kext in terminal cauze my mobo have a VIA chipset, just before in the installation check you include the Jas 10.4.8 Via ATA SAta fix.