JaS 10.4.8 Intel SSE3 ONLY DVD Install discussion

Meltro

551 posts in this topic

I have a problem with cardless USB keyboard and mouse. Both usb, using the same transmitter. After I install it can't detect my keyboard and my mouse is not functional. I use the PS2, for both but the mouse is not than functional?

I selected, simtex kernel and USB patch, and combo update etc. Is it becuase of the usb patch or the kernel?

Someone more experince the same problem?

Edit:

I've doing a reinstall right now. This is my current options.

Base System

Printer Drivers - Canon only.

Extra Font

Langauge support - Swedish only.

The is the extra options.

JaS Combo Update

Simtex (or what the name was) kernel.

ATI X1x00 AGP support.

Nothing more nothing less. If that dosen't helt my keyboard support....what dose? :S

Result: The mouse is functional and the keyboard. :D

So wtf is the usb patch, when it dosent work?

This is great news. THANKS JAS!

An idea that might make this easier for folks -- I noticed the screenshot on page one listing all the installation options. I know what some are and realize that searching can answer most questions, but I think it'd be great if someone posted a little readme here, listing each option, what it does and why you may need it. Maybe explaining which kernel does what, or what kind of systems it's better for, etc. I know some stuff is obvious, like GMA950 which is what my Dell E1505 has, but others aren't as obvious -- For example my laptop has a SATA drive inside but I have no idea if I need to install any of the SATA patches.

Can anyone help?

heres my biggest problem, im sure its been discussed. how the heck does one burn this to dvd, tried alcohol 120, tried nero, it only shows these small files... :)

EDIT

nevermind, i just opened it on my powerbook and burning from there. ;-)

Open Alcohol>Burn Image>Select ISO file>Click Burn

Ok here is my problem, I can't boot the DVD like the first one. I'm sure I have the new one because a friend of my just installed it succesfully with this disk.

My point is: we both have the same motherboard: Asus P5W DH and the same cpu: E6600

We've got the same bios-settings. When I boot the DVD, it gives after a few minutes the message to reset or press on/off button for a several seconds. I did already things like unplugging everything like pci-cards / printer / bluetooth even unplugged the hd's.

I also just installed 10.4.6 without any problems.

When I do the diagnostic-install, the system hangs at can't find the airport card

Can someone help me? Thank you in advance!

I can't. It's kind of silly I tried, running a virtual 10.4.8 on a 10.4.6 Hackintosh, hehe.

Dont know, if u have a better system u could try running it in vmware or parallels. Just choose to boot a new VM with the CD in or choose the 10.4.8 image to boot from when u start it.

Nd

I installed.

When booting up I get "Error loading Operating System"

If Install DVD is in drive then it loads into OS if I do not click any buttons

Hi

This worked for me

Booted from 10.4.3 formated sda1 with the disk util. Then rebooted and installed from 10.4.8 seed2 (with out formating or running disk util)

Now I can boot osx from the hard drive. Go figure --- heard this mention here before. Haven't tried adding XP or 10.4.4 to the menu yet.

Other issues.

Hoping for a fix for 915 graphics .

Seems Realtek network isn't working either will try manual DNS

Waiting for results from better Graphics cards for a Nvida or ATI card fix / install.

No point in buying a ATI 9800 pro any more? Is PCI express and AGP both good or is everything PCI-express now?

Asrock 915GL board

Lucent firewire pci card detected should be operational but no test device /gadget.

I can not get my GMA 915 (on an intel915GAG mb) to work with QE and CI.

I tried several installs on an erased disk with and without selecting the GMA900 package and installing it after the first boot.

I corrected the permissions (no write permission for group) on the *915* kexts.

I deleted the caches.

When I delete the AppleIntelGMA950 kext or all *950* in the Extensions directory I end up with a garbled screen. When I copy the 950 kexts back I get no QE an CI, but I can resize to 1280x1024.

Has anyone been able to get resize and QE and Ci working using the latest JaS disk? If so, How?

Dijn

i have 915 board too, i deleted 950*, did Repair Disk Permission from disk utility and reboot and everything is fine. res up to 1600x1200 QE/CI supported

hp pavilion zd8000

p4 3ghz prescott 630

intel 915 chipset

realtekrtl 8139 net

broadcom 802.11g wirless

tsstcorp lightscribe dvdrw

ati radeon x600 pcie dev3150 (m24)

first install i selected usb fix and x600 support both failed to work ,,,no usb and a garbled display

reinstalled again with just semtech and combo 10.4.8 and it worked with sound and 1024x768 no option to change

first i applyed callisto-003fixed then after a restart set my res to 1440x900 and applyed koverg patch

after another restart and did the edit to the 9700GA.plugin for CallistoFB ...i had all the bells and whistles after another restart

next problem was no realtek8139....fixed this by using pacifist to replace the IONetworkingFamily.kext from my last jas 10.4.6 installer

again no broadcom 802.11g card showing in airport again fixed by a post found on forum with an edited family.kext

about this mac just causes a logout/login (crash)

profiler giving an error .......profiler fixed using the colonels patch

dvd player broken...locks up when a dvd is inserted

powerbundle working

acpithrottle working

everthing seems to be hunky-dory now :)

Ok Install and reboot here with new DVD went fine..had to fix IONetworking.kext to my old one.

PlatformReporter needed a fix here too.

But i got another issue here..that it seems that my Overclock is turned down even i Boot the Bios with a overclocked D930 CPU stock 3.00Ghz and OC#d to 3.73 Ghz ..but when i Run Geekbench it gets shown as 3.00 Ghz CPU. This was never the Case with old Kernel 8.4.1. Anyone else the same prob?

Hey I downloaded the JaS image and the install completed successfully but the only problem is that the OS will not boot on it's own it only boots when i leave the installation media in the drive when the media is removed and the PC is booted i get missing operating system. It seems like the media did not copy the necessary files for the system to boot with out the use of the install media. in the \usr\standalone\i386\ directory on the OS X partition it only contains boot.efi and i feel that it is missing something like a chain0 file if anyone could point me it the right direction i would appreciate it..

ThinkPad T60.

Intel Centrino Duo T2500

ATI mobility X1400

Intel 945G HD Audio

installed with semtech and combo 10.4.8 and it didn't worked .

When boot it show up a gray screen and some warning to restart texts.

reinstalled with mifki and combo , the same problem.

hp pavilion zd8000

p4 3ghz prescott 630

intel 915 chipset

realtekrtl 8139 net

broadcom 802.11g wirless

tsstcorp lightscribe dvdrw

ati radeon x600 pcie dev3150 (m24)

first install i selected usb fix and x600 support both failed to work ,,,no usb and a garbled display

reinstalled again with just semtech and combo 10.4.8 and it worked with sound and 1024x768 no option to change

first i applyed callisto-003fixed then after a restart set my res to 1440x900 and applyed koverg patch

after another restart and did the edit to the 9700GA.plugin for CallistoFB ...i had all the bells and whistles after another restart

next problem was no realtek8139....fixed this by using pacifist to replace the IONetworkingFamily.kext from my last jas 10.4.6 installer

again no broadcom 802.11g card showing in airport again fixed by a post found on forum with an edited family.kext

about this mac just causes a logout/login (crash)

Extensions for HP Pavilion 8000 series can be downloaded from this place (graphics with install script, ethernet extension and airport extension):

http://www.box.net/public/kd5ulo8u6h

Use the HP.Pavilion.GFXExtensions.10.4.8.zip for this new release.

The "about this mac" problem can be solved with the "10.4.4 Login extension" option during install.