JaS 10.4.8 Intel SSE3 ONLY DVD Install discussion

Meltro

551 posts in this topic

JaS, could you please publish sha1 checksum ? Md5 is NOT reliable anymore (there are simple ways how to forge the file) ... yes, I know, who would play this game with us, but anyway ...

The solution to corrupted download is to use original bittorrent client and:

1) let it download few bytes

2) quit bittorrent

3) replace newly created iso file with corrupted one

4) run it again and let check and redownload the corrupted blocks

hth

I have to think about what to do next to try and clean up this God damned mess now.

Don't be upset, JaS. Each of us who is used to work hard with computers knows very well how sometimes things can go wrong way beyond our control.

You have *always* managed to fix things eventually, and that is what really matters.

And please remember that most of us love you.

Hey all,

Ive just checked My 10.4.8 and it has the following:

MD5 HASH = 36463658AFF360345550FD6245645831

SHA1 HASH = 6DC1174B738798F7DFD3E7E3B1454F6D082D011E

CRC-32 = AD784F8F

MD5 posted on green monster = 1d7059ae05cb9afc045240126636162aafddca2ba2210298 (doesnt match in HashTab)

So it looks like my MD5 matches some already posted, and it may look like those Fake clients that kept popping up were suspicious.

Maybe Jobs & Co have prepared a little surprise, maybe not.

either way, we need to find a way to fix this, Those fake clients started showing up at around 90% for me.

My md5 of "JaS.10.4.8.Intel.SSE3.Only.Install.DVD.iso" is

36463658aff360345550fd6245645831

the same as Rammjet's.

JaS, please don't take the comments by users as bitching. I think they, as well as myself, just wanted to communicate what they see on their systems.

Your work is much appreciated.

Guest bikedude880
JaS, could you please publish sha1 checksum ? Md5 is NOT reliable anymore (there are simple ways how to forge the file) ... yes, I know, who would play this game with us, but anyway ...

a) let it download few bytes

B) quit bittorrent

c) replace newly created iso file with corrupted one

d) run it again and let check and redownload the corrupted blocks

hth

It sounds like you've done this before. A couple resources on fixing corrupt downloads:

Corrupt ISO images on...

Sometimes a part of the archive is damaged... simply force your client to make a new hash-check and it should rewrite the damaged parts. Most times this will solve the problem...

1) let it download few bytes

2) quit bittorrent

3) replace newly created iso file with corrupted one

4) run it again and let check and redownload the corrupted blocks

hth

Exactly! We learned that years ago while uploading/downloading boxed SUSE isos.

Guest bikedude880

Now that we've figured out how to fix it... how can we make sure that when we are repairing our files that we're not screwing them up further with more bad data (I am positive there are other users that have different areas of the file that are bad).

Rammjet,

it went pretty smooth here too. I've also copied AppleAzaliaAudio.kext from older installation. Hovewer i can't load it.

sudo kextload /System/Library/Extensions/AppleAzaliaAudio.kext

kextload: extension /System/Library/Extensions/AppleAzaliaAudio.kext/Contents/PlugIns/IOHDAudioFamily.kext is not authentic (check ownership and permissions)

Any Ideas? I've repaired permissions like 100 times. Still the same.

Guest bikedude880
How i do this ?????

PLEASE !!!!!!!!!!!

I dont want to download again 4 gigas!!!!!

Well... perhaps reread what I posted? It's quite clear and if you can't figure it out, read the help manual that came with your bloody BT client. (It's under Help -> Contents if you didn't know)

Edit: Yeah I 'm being rude, but it usually helps when the person asking the question (and this is an purely an assumption) makes an effort to try and figure it out by themselves before they come crying for help (yeah, still rude). Most problems can be solved on your own once you put a little thought into it.

Guest bikedude880
I do not understand how the torrent could have been randomly corrupted if everybody has this same MD5.

Did you see Jas' MD5? There were false seeders that jumped in from time to time.

So to repair we need clients who do not use DHT...

Either that or figure out how to disable it in your client.

Now that we've figured out how to fix it... how can we make sure that when we are repairing our files that we're not screwing them up further with more bad data (I am positive there are other users that have different areas of the file that are bad).

just use original bittorrent client (www.bittorrent.com)

I do not understand how the torrent could have been randomly corrupted if everybody has this same MD5.

I know, but it doesnt match the original.

Ok ive just reset the download location and forced a re check of the MD5, it's turned up 88mb of corruptness, just finishing it off now for another hash check.

brb B)

Hey guys, I just installed from the DVD this morning and I got the "error loading operating system" message and thats all i get. I was using semthex's kernel and i tried the other too. what can I do to fix this?

and yes the partition is active, would windows x64 cause the problem?

Guest bikedude880
Hey guys, I just installed from the DVD this morning and I got the "error loading operating system" message and thats all i get. I was using semthex's kernel and i tried the other too. what can I do to fix this?

and yes the partition is active, would windows x64 cause the problem?

You mean like: (As Windows) "Look! Mac OS X! Let's make sure that he can't boot it. *Evil grin* [The viewer witnesses as Windows goes through the partition that OS X is on and craftily changes a few bytes in the boot sector] "There, now I shall be the dominant OS!"