nVidia cards natively supported?!

242 posts in this topic

Hi All,

Looking for some help installing Titan on 10.4.8 Kernel 8.8.1, hope someone can help.

I am installing on a Pentium D 930 + Nvidia 6800 ( device ID = 00C1 )

Have installed the updated Omni (2nd Nov) as per instructions on Omni site, and the Titan kext does load OK but the system freezes at the following step

"System/Library/Coreservices/Loginwindow.app Login Window Application Started"

This is after a clean install of the Jas DVD with Semthex kernel.

Can anyone advise on how to resolve this?

Thanks

Hi All,

Looking for some help installing Titan on 10.4.8 Kernel 8.8.1, hope someone can help.

I am installing on a Pentium D 930 + Nvidia 6800 ( device ID = 00C1 )

Have installed the updated Omni (2nd Nov) as per instructions on Omni site, and the Titan kext does load OK but the system freezes at the following step

"System/Library/Coreservices/Loginwindow.app Login Window Application Started"

This is after a clean install of the Jas DVD with Semthex kernel.

Can anyone advise on how to resolve this?

Thanks

Same here, I tried a pair of things with no positive results... if someone have any insight on this, please post it or PM or something

Same here, I tried a pair of things with no positive results... if someone have any insight on this, please post it or PM or something

I have just the same problem. I even flashed my card with a new bios from other manufacturer in order to change SUBVENDOR ID, but no success. The problem seems to be that Titan is not compartible with nv41 based cards (DEV ID: 00C1) at the moment. There is a chance however that it will work if DEV ID is changed for the one from for example 6800GT (people had success with these cards), but it is too risky. I did not try it yet. I guess I´ll give it a try this weekend. Just bought a new 7600GT and it works perfect. No mouse tearing or other probs. Thanks a lot to all of the guys, whose work made that possible: Art, Mifki, Semthex, Rufus, Jas, Omni, NP and others involved.

I even flashed my card with a new bios from other manufacturer in order to change SUBVENDOR ID, but no success.

There is a chance however that it will work if DEV ID is changed for the one from for example 6800GT (people had success with these cards), but it is too risky.

Its not too risky if you already did it once :spam:

one question...

on my geforce 7600 gt my dvi output works well and it supports dual link dvi for 30" inch monitors (under windows) i ordered a dell 30" monitor and hope that will work also under osx now... what you think,

is dual link dvi working, when my dvi output works with titan projekt?

I can assure you if your 7600GT's dvi output works and support dual link output too,

then, it should output 2560x1600 resolution to your Dell 30"

I just connected my 7900GT to my 30 incher and it just worked :spam:

Thanks aed0101, I think I will try it out. I was afraid that was my only solution, this card have problems with other drivers too.

But I will need to research this a bit, I never flashed a graphics card before.

7900GT and 7950GT confirmed working in the IRC room... if they're not working for you, there is probably something you're not doing right.

I can't test yet but once the AMD patch is out, I'll report my findings on an eVGA 7900GT CO

I am sorry for this annoing question but could anyone provide more information about how to make it work? I followed his instructions but no change here at all. Is is necessary to include the vendor ID or something like this? I am close and I am getting nervous about it! :)

Yes. Did it 3 times already and no changes.... How can I do to be shure I´m running the right kernel version? I was using JaS 10.4.7 and updated to JaS 10.4.8 with an Intel SSE3 processor.

This is killing me! I´m still wondering if I need to add my device_id or something like this on any place or the Titan.kext do this already.

are you using jas' 10.4.8 combo update that he release a little while ago? if you did than that release does not include the 10.4.8 kernel, still running the 10.4.4 kernel from your 10.4.7 install. Just wait a day or two when Jas releases a 10.4.8 DVD that should suit most computers. He's already had a few to test it and apparently there are just a few tweaks left. so just wait for this, install it and all will be well

I can assure you if your 7600GT's dvi output works and support dual link output too,

then, it should output 2560x1600 resolution to your Dell 30"

I just connected my 7900GT to my 30 incher and it just worked :)

my 7600 gt has a dual link dvi output :)

in few hours the dhl man bring my dell... i hope i hope i hope :)

Don't see any sign of titan.kext on omni's starchaser site. Can someone post a link to the file or has it been pulled?

It's there. Click the link "Projects/Titan" in the first post on his blog, then scroll to the bottom and there's the link called "November 2, 2006".

I have just the same problem. I even flashed my card with a new bios from other manufacturer in order to change SUBVENDOR ID, but no success. The problem seems to be that Titan is not compartible with nv41 based cards (DEV ID: 00C1) at the moment. There is a chance however that it will work if DEV ID is changed for the one from for example 6800GT (people had success with these cards), but it is too risky. I did not try it yet. I guess I´ll give it a try this weekend. Just bought a new 7600GT and it works perfect. No mouse tearing or other probs. Thanks a lot to all of the guys, whose work made that possible: Art, Mifki, Semthex, Rufus, Jas, Omni, NP and others involved.

Thanks aed0101, this has cleared up my problem and I can stop mucking about until it's confirmed working.

My 7900 GT CO, is not working well, it has QE, CE but it works for 2 seconds then hangs for like 30seconds, then works again for another 2 seconds and then hangs again for 30-60 seconds and so on, anyone with a 7900 series have this such of problems?

I've fixed it, now its fully working, I just had to unplug my GMA950 plug from my monitor and now its working :)