nVidia cards natively supported?!

242 posts in this topic

Ok i got it working with a 7950GT,

This is what i did:

I put in a 7600GT and installed OSX,

Then did al the titan work,

Booted, everything worked, then shutdown the mac

and inserted the 7950GT and booted, and everything worked!!!

Hope this will work also for the ppl that have the same problems as i did

What kind of 7950GT? I've got an eVGA and have tried everything...I put my experiences in the WIKI. I'm about ready to return the card and exchange it.

Yep, I's sad that the higher end cards don't seem to work at all. I have not seen anyone report 7900GTX or 7900GTO to work. I have a 7900GTO, and I really would like to have something better than GMA950 or ATI X1600 in OS X so much, that I'm considering to sell the 7900GTO to downgrade it to something that is reported to be fully working (7600GT maybe?).

Regarding my luck, I suppose that some solution pops up for the 7900GTO the day I sell it... :)

My GMA950 is unplugged and disabled in the BIOS. Still no go.

Have you flashed your motherboard with latest BIOS?

Which motherboard do you have?

Another issue could be your monitor, not your card itself, look at omni's website and you will see that some users are having problems due to their monitors not their cards.

Try using another monitor.

Hey, lets collect the device id's of our non-working 7900! My 7900GTO is 0x029110de, and the crazy thing is that this same id has been reported as working eVGA 7900GT KO by Viper.Br on an other thread! How come these somewhat different cards have the same id? Or if they are not different, mine should work too! :)

More info about my system:

Asrock Conroe945G-DVI, 2GB ram, Core 2 Duo E6600

OK I went and bought a XFX 7600GS 256MB for about 100 euros just to make sure that I was not doing something wrong whole the time. This hackintosh ownership is becoming an expensive hobby I guess... And the 7600GS works like a dream (now driving it on semthex kernel and Titan v3)! Aperture is very very very much faster than with the laggy GMA950! Still, I hope that there will be a solution for 7900 series so that it wouldnt be the one I'm gonna have to sell...

OK I went and bought a XFX 7600GS 256MB for about 100 euros just to make sure that I was not doing something wrong whole the time. This hackintosh ownership is becoming an expensive hobby I guess... And the 7600GS works like a dream (now driving it on semthex kernel and Titan v3)! Aperture is very very very much faster than with the laggy GMA950! Still, I hope that there will be a solution for 7900 series so that it wouldnt be the one I'm gonna have to sell...

I returned the 7950GT KO today and replaced it with a PNY GeForce 7900GS/256MB - There's about a 10-12 second lag after booting, but the display comes up with full acceleration. It states that the chipset is "Unknown nVidia" but works 100% otherwise. I've played Civ4 on it and it runs GREAT at 1680x1050. And I got back $100...so it's not all that bad.

It just seems like there are some cards that just don't want to work...my eVGA 7950GT KO was one of them.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi,

I have an NVidia 7950 running on my Intel Dual Core 2 Duo. What are the chances that Mac OS X will run and Final Cut Pro will work, among other things like Shake?

It doesn't look like anyone is having much luck with the 7950 but then again, what's the latest status?

Thanks,

Kosher

Hi,

I have an NVidia 7950 running on my Intel Dual Core 2 Duo. What are the chances that Mac OS X will run and Final Cut Pro will work, among other things like Shake?

It doesn't look like anyone is having much luck with the 7950 but then again, what's the latest status?

Thanks,

Kosher

does it have 512m of ram? if so then no.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

hey there,

i were using msi nx6600 diamond pci-e vga card with full support formely and last week i have changed my vga card to 256 bit support msi nx6800 gs. after many tries there are no QE and CI support. I am only able to set up osx without nvidia driver at custom settings and when i try to load natit and natit universal driver it crashes. anyone who succeed full work with 6800gs and how? thanks...