nVidia cards natively supported?!

242 posts in this topic

Yes. Did it 3 times already and no changes.... How can I do to be shure I´m running the right kernel version? I was using JaS 10.4.7 and updated to JaS 10.4.8 with an Intel SSE3 processor.

This is killing me! I´m still wondering if I need to add my device_id or something like this on any place or the Titan.kext do this already.

Viper i have posted a tutorial in the Genius bar so you can update your system to REAL 10.4.8

OK, almost giving up...

Last try to find someone that can help me...

This is my setup:

Asus P5W DH deluxe

Intel core 2 duo E6600

2GB DDR2 ram

Point of view Geforce 7950 PCI-E with 512MB Ram.

I've tried Semthex and Mifki's kernel 8.8.1

I've tried Titan 1,2 and 3.

Tried Natit.kext

Followed these steps:

Put titan in /System/Library/Extensions/

Correct permissions following this:

sudo chown -R root:wheel Titan.kext (giving no error in terminal)

sudo chmod -R 755 Titan.kext (giving no errors in terminal)

sudo rm -f /System/Library/Extensions.mkext /System/Library/Extension.kextcache (also giving no errors)

sync

Then restart ( still following list of Omni)

Then when it restarts, it gives me the grey apple screen with de loading circle.

Screen turns in to black and then monitor goes to sleep and comes back with the message to restart my computer.

With the Natit.kext (auto installer) my screen goes black and monitor goes in to sleep and then comes back

but still being black ( here i am not getting the message to restart my computer)

But still nothing!! :D

Somebody that can help me out??

I Found out that my 7950GT's device-id is the same as in the titan.kext and Natit.kext

Please help!

Also tried repair permissions this didn't help much....

OK, almost giving up...

Last try to find someone that can help me...

This is my setup:

Asus P5W DH deluxe

Intel core 2 duo E6600

2GB DDR2 ram

Point of view Geforce 7950 PCI-E with 512MB Ram.

I've tried Semthex and Mifki's kernel 8.8.1

I've tried Titan 1,2 and 3.

Tried Natit.kext

Followed these steps:

Put titan in /System/Library/Extensions/

Correct permissions following this:

sudo chown -R root:wheel Titan.kext (giving no error in terminal)

sudo chmod -R 755 Titan.kext (giving no errors in terminal)

sudo rm -f /System/Library/Extensions.mkext /System/Library/Extension.kextcache (also giving no errors)

sync

Then restart ( still following list of Omni)

Then when it restarts, it gives me the grey apple screen with de loading circle.

Screen turns in to black and then monitor goes to sleep and comes back with the message to restart my computer.

With the Natit.kext (auto installer) my screen goes black and monitor goes in to sleep and then comes back

but still being black ( here i am not getting the message to restart my computer)

But still nothing!! :(

<snip>

My setup:

Asus P5LD2-VM 2.0

Core2 E6600

2GB DDR2 RAM

eVGA GeForce 7950GT KO PCIe

JaS 10.4.8 Reseed /w Semthex kernel

I have an eVGA GeForce 7950GT that acts the exact same. I've done the install manually, and tried Neopheus's installer. Exact same thing. on Titan, right after "localhost kernel[0]: Titan: All set, cross your fingers!", the system either requires a restart, or just sits there, hung.

Does anyone have any solutions?

@ CoolHead & Wallstreet:

Exact same here with MSI 7900GTO 512MB! I have tried all the same, mifki, semthex, titan 1, 2, 3, natit... even my own crazy tweaked versions of natit.

Could it be the fact that our cards have 512MB that keeps it from working? Boot process will go through without kernel panic if you remove the GeForce.kext, but then I just got a black screen (although I could log in via ssh so it was not jammed). Maybe we need something else than 0x00000 or 0x20000 as the framebuffer offset?

Is there anyone with the higher end nvidia cards working? Please reply! 7800 GTX? 7900 GTX?

@ CoolHead & Wallstreet:

Exact same here with MSI 7900GTO 512MB! I have tried all the same, mifki, semthex, titan 1, 2, 3, natit... even my own crazy tweaked versions of natit.

Could it be the fact that our cards have 512MB that keeps it from working? Boot process will go through without kernel panic if you remove the GeForce.kext, but then I just got a black screen (although I could log in via ssh so it was not jammed). Maybe we need something else than 0x00000 or 0x20000 as the framebuffer offset?

Is there anyone with the higher end nvidia cards working? Please reply! 7800 GTX? 7900 GTX?

Zam - Seems this is fairly widespread. Think we should start a thread detailing this, in case there are others as well?

Quite a few have 7800GTXs working apparently.

@ CoolHead & Wallstreet:

It has to be the problem with the 512MB... I can't think off nothing else that could be the problem.

Strange thing is that there are report on IRC that some people have it working with a 7950.

But don't know if that's the 512MB version, i think it is because i tought there where no 256MB version of the 7950...

It has to be the problem with the 512MB... I can't think off nothing else that could be the problem.

Strange thing is that there are report on IRC that some people have it working with a 7950.

But don't know if that's the 512MB version, i think it is because i tought there where no 256MB version of the 7950...

I doubt it...folks with 7800GTXs are likely 512MB as well. We need to get Omni in here. :(

My setup:

Asus P5LD2-VM 2.0

Core2 E6600

2GB DDR2 RAM

eVGA GeForce 7950GT KO PCIe

JaS 10.4.8 Reseed /w Semthex kernel

I have an eVGA GeForce 7950GT that acts the exact same. I've done the install manually, and tried Neopheus's installer. Exact same thing. on Titan, right after "localhost kernel[0]: Titan: All set, cross your fingers!", the system either requires a restart, or just sits there, hung.

Does anyone have any solutions?

Well i checked my BIOS but there is nothing like aperture size,

You could do what I did!!!

Go to www.mvktech.net , Download there bios program and edit your Vender to chainward. then save and flash.

I had to do this with my eVGA FX 5500, as I to was getting a black screen.

I notied that eVGA hardcode was set to, system id 0000, sub 0000. meaning there a generic setting with a main id of 10de.

unlike my true nvidia 7950gt that works great with no problems on my other build.

You could do what I did!!!

Go to www.mvktech.net , Download there bios program and edit your Vender to chainward. then save and flash.

I had to do this with my eVGA FX 5500, as I to was getting a black screen.

I notied that eVGA hardcode was set to, system id 0000, sub 0000. meaning there a generic setting with a main id of 10de.

unlike my true nvidia 7950gt that works great with no problems on my other build.

There's nothing to do with BIOS, I thought that as well but the problem (at least my case) was that I had plugged my GMA 950 and my 7900 GT CO at the same time so I just unplugged my GMA 950 and now it's fully working.

don't try flashing your videocards because your Vendor ID's has nothing to do with this issue.

There's nothing to do with BIOS, I thought that as well but the problem (at least my case) was that I had plugged my GMA 950 and my 7900 GT CO at the same time so I just unplugged my GMA 950 and now it's fully working.

don't try flashing your videocards because your Vendor ID's has nothing to do with this issue.

Either way, That was MY PROBLEM with my card.. Are you using a eVGA 7900?

My GMA950 is unplugged and disabled in the BIOS. Still no go.

Are you using nForce chipset? If so you could try to add the right device-id to Info.plist of the GeForce.kext. I had to do this to make it stop crashing the kernel on boot.

If you've already tried this, please ignore this post.

I have just the same problem. I even flashed my card with a new bios from other manufacturer in order to change SUBVENDOR ID, but no success. The problem seems to be that Titan is not compartible with nv41 based cards (DEV ID: 00C1) at the moment. There is a chance however that it will work if DEV ID is changed for the one from for example 6800GT (people had success with these cards), but it is too risky. I did not try it yet. I guess I´ll give it a try this weekend. Just bought a new 7600GT and it works perfect. No mouse tearing or other probs. Thanks a lot to all of the guys, whose work made that possible: Art, Mifki, Semthex, Rufus, Jas, Omni, NP and others involved.

GeForce 6800 (nv41.1, 0x00c1) works only after adding the card's ID to NVDANV40Hal.kext and NVDAResman.kext.

If I wanted to install OSX and use it in the interim while a solution is being pursued for the 7900 GTO problems, could I use the MacVidia drivers? Will there be a conflict when I switch to the Titan kext?

Ok i got it working with a 7950GT,

This is what i did:

I put in a 7600GT and installed OSX,

Then did al the titan work,

Booted, everything worked, then shutdown the mac

and inserted the 7950GT and booted, and everything worked!!!

Hope this will work also for the ppl that have the same problems as i did