nVidia cards natively supported?!

242 posts in this topic

Quake 4 demo runs silky smooth at 1280 x 1024. Could not get it to run at 1600 x 1200 and I could not figure out how to even open the console to run a timedemo since ctrl-alt-~ did not work.. My first bug I found was when my EyeTV Hybrid changed resolutions during commercial breaks it would freeze the system so I set aspect ratio from auto to 16:9 and all is good. I have until the 22nd to return my X1950 Pro but would really hate to do so.

Sounds like 7300GT works too (Giandal and DS both report sucess).

I am ordering one (and sending my ATI x1600PRO back).

I confirm (and I have analog output), and it also works with the mifki kernel (Actually I am wondering whether there is really any kernel dependence for Titan at all.

I try with a XFX Geforce 6600 256 no GT PCIe version and everything works nice, I also tried the unibin version of Halo and works very good, in the time demo i get 31.5 fps at 1024X768 with max settings.

The kexts loaded are the NV40Hal,Geforce and NVDAResman.

I need to get a 7800gt or wait to see if some 7900 work, please 7900 owners put some results.

what kexts are loaded wtih a geforce 7800?

what kexts are loaded with a geforce 7600?

This two cards works, maybe beacause they are similar and apple already realese some cards with this chips, and I think that the 7900 is in some way different.

Thanks Omni and np_ for all your work.

one question...

on my geforce 7600 gt my dvi output works well and it supports dual link dvi for 30" inch monitors (under windows) i ordered a dell 30" monitor and hope that will work also under osx now... what you think,

is dual link dvi working, when my dvi output works with titan projekt?

second:

omni needs infos:

("@1,fboffset" would probably need to be set in order to get dual screens working. I did test this, but could not get it to work (have dual screens) so something else must be missing. I need an ioreg dump from a dual head Mac Pro to do further study...)

does have anybody the chance? to check it out? my friend has macpro with atix1900xt so i cant help on this point.

Titan work for me with ASUS EN7900GT 256Mb PCIe. QE/CI and resolution/refresh_rate change work.

My config: Core2 Duo 6300@2,94GHz/ASUS P5W DH Deluxe i975x with 1503 bios/2Gb DDR-II PC6400 RAM/ASUS EN7900GT 256Mb PCIe/160Gb SATA-II HDD/CRT LG Flatron F700P/OS 10.4.8(JAS 10.4.6+JAS 10.4.7+Apple Combo Update 10.4.8+mifki latest kernel with fsb=420 kernel flags)

second:

omni needs infos:

("@1,fboffset" would probably need to be set in order to get dual screens working. I did test this, but could not get it to work (have dual screens) so something else must be missing. I need an ioreg dump from a dual head Mac Pro to do further study...)

does have anybody the chance? to check it out? my friend has macpro with atix1900xt so i cant help on this point.

Right, we need to work on getting this. I am going to start asking around. I have set up this thread for dual display related discussion too: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...view=getnewpost

EDIT: Icyderguru has actually already posted this in that thread.

7900GT and 7950GT confirmed working in the IRC room...
Titan work for me with ASUS EN7900GT 256Mb PCIe...

That's great, 7900's work!.

i would like to add that it worked for my 7600gs.. osx 10.4.8 kernel8.8.1

Thanks for the report. eWiz has these on sale now for $106 shipped: http://www.ewiz.com/detail.php?name=XFX-76GS

i would like to add that it worked for my 7600gs.. osx 10.4.8 kernel8.8.1

:)))

what kind of 7600GS?

albatron or ASUS ?

i guess that it doesnt matter?

i want to install the 8.8.1 kernel!!

8.8.1 for AMD plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

the requests never stop i guess :poster_oops:

no really,this is the last thing and most important

to support my nvidia card (but im on AMD i cant install full 10.4.8 or 8.8.1 kernel :) )

maybe the kernel ,somehow?