HELP TOPIC - [AMD] OS X El Capitan (10.11)

Duran Keeley

719 posts in this topic

This got me to the yellow screen again... 

Is this normal though? It happens when I boot:

attachicon.gifImage-1.jpg

Out of curiosity move your mouse over where the password field should be and see if the cursor changes when you get the yellow screen. If it does enter your password and press enter. I get this sometimes with a grey screen.

Out of curiosity move your mouse over where the password field should be and see if the cursor changes when you get the yellow screen. If it does enter your password and press enter. I get this sometimes with a grey screen.

The thing is, I have never been able to boot so it should be showing  initial setup, something like this (image taken from internet): macsetupwelcom-100006136-large.jpg

But I see my cursor for 3 seconds (I can move it) before it disappears and there's just yellow.

I swapped cards with an HD5450 and same thing happens.

This got me to the yellow screen again... 

Is this normal though? It happens when I boot:

attachicon.gifImage-1.jpg

take the system.kext from one of my kernel package and install the system.kext in S/L/Extensions , repair the permissions and renew kernel cache.

Hello Everyone, Great work going on here.

I'm having a problem. I have successfully installed El Capitan (10.11.0) using Shanee's tutorial http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/310098-el-capitan-install-preparation/?hl=%2Bel+%2Bcapitan+%2Bamd+%2Btutorial

After, when I try to boot from my hard drive, I receive this error "Boot0ss: Error". So I boot using my installer usb, choosing my SSD drive with El Capitan on it. It begins booting, then arrives at [APCI Patcher] then reboots. I'm thinking that it is a kernel issue because I believe that I've read that Shanee was using a 10.11.3 kernel. So I tried to replace it with Bronya's newest kernel but it still does the same thing. I read somewhere to put a kernel in the root device and then boot with /kernel but that didn't work either. So I tried to boot with /extra/kernel (where my original kernel is) and it says can't find /extra/kernel

I noticed that another user had a similar issue and was given the following: 

mount -uw /

mkdir /Volumes/HD

ls /dev/disk* (you need to find your El Capitan hard drive, usually disk0s2)

mount -t hfs /dev/disk0s2 (or whatever your hard drive is) /Volumes/HD

mv /Volumes/HD/System/Library/Kernels/kernel /Volumes/HD/System/Library/Kernels/kernel.bak

cp -rf /System/Library/Kernels/kernel /Volumes/HD/System/Library/Kernels/kernel

chown -R root:wheel /Volumes/HD/System/Library/Kernels/*

shutdown -r now

when I tried, I got to "mv /Volumes....  " and it gave me the error "directory not found" perhaps because /volumes/hd is empty

Mordred Du Couteau said that he fixed it by assigning ownership to root:wheel. I don't know what that means or how to do it.

I'm going to be working on this the rest of the day. Any advice would be great! 

Thanks everyone!

Hello Everyone, Great work going on here.

I'm having a problem. I have successfully installed El Capitan (10.11.0) using Shanee's tutorial http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/310098-el-capitan-install-preparation/?hl=%2Bel+%2Bcapitan+%2Bamd+%2Btutorial

After, when I try to boot from my hard drive, I receive this error "Boot0ss: Error". So I boot using my installer usb, choosing my SSD drive with El Capitan on it. It begins booting, then arrives at [APCI Patcher] then reboots. I'm thinking that it is a kernel issue because I believe that I've read that Shanee was using a 10.11.3 kernel. So I tried to replace it with Bronya's newest kernel but it still does the same thing. I read somewhere to put a kernel in the root device and then boot with /kernel but that didn't work either. So I tried to boot with /extra/kernel (where my original kernel is) and it says can't find /extra/kernel

I noticed that another user had a similar issue and was given the following: 

mount -uw /

mkdir /Volumes/HD

ls /dev/disk* (you need to find your El Capitan hard drive, usually disk0s2)

mount -t hfs /dev/disk0s2 (or whatever your hard drive is) /Volumes/HD

mv /Volumes/HD/System/Library/Kernels/kernel /Volumes/HD/System/Library/Kernels/kernel.bak

cp -rf /System/Library/Kernels/kernel /Volumes/HD/System/Library/Kernels/kernel

chown -R root:wheel /Volumes/HD/System/Library/Kernels/*

shutdown -r now

when I tried, I got to "mv /Volumes....  " and it gave me the error "directory not found" perhaps because /volumes/hd is empty

Mordred Du Couteau said that he fixed it by assigning ownership to root:wheel. I don't know what that means or how to do it.

I'm going to be working on this the rest of the day. Any advice would be great! 

Thanks everyone!

Keep it strictly to the video, then your usb Installer will boot.
when adding the kernel into the Extra folder, then you have to write the entry in the org.chameleon.boot.plist !!! if you adding the kernel into  System/Library/kernels/, then you have nothing to write in the org.chameleon.boot.plist !! kernel you can test it with the FX kernel from Bronya, then your system will boot

take the system.kext from one of my kernel package and install the system.kext in S/L/Extensions , repair the permissions and renew kernel cache.

Using this kernel and system.kext from Spakk removed the errors I was getting, cool! But the yellow screen is still there. I'm going to download el capitan again, maybe there was a corrupted file last time I downloaded from appstore on virtualbox VM.

Edit by spakk:

which may be possible

Here is an adapted DMG for El Capitan with various drivers and SSDT's and DSDT's for various AMD boards, graphics cards, AMD kernels and with several links. the original AMD.dmg file comes from Rampagedev (for OS X Mavericks). I hope RampageDev has no objection, because I use its contents, but adjusted for El Capitan.

The thanks goes to RampageDev and hope that this content will help many AMD users.

- spakk -

AMD EL CAPITAN.dmg

Keep it strictly to the video, then your usb Installer will boot.
when adding the kernel into the Extra folder, then you have to write the entry in the org.chameleon.boot.plist !!! if you adding the kernel into  System/Library/kernels/, then you have nothing to write in the org.chameleon.boot.plist !! kernel you can test it with the FX kernel from Bronya, then your system will boot

That sounds like what I've done already. but I'm going to start from the beginning again and see if I can get it working. Thanks Spakk

Download "AMD El Capitan.dmg" above, where you'll find all Necessary files to successfully install OS X El Capitan on your system.

The last time I had the cores not being recognised is when booting with "cpus=1" was a boot flag and that was the only way I could get to the desktop to install the VoodooTSCSync.kext.

Quick question about your above CPU was unsupported, was that when trying to boot or was it saying Unknown CPU in the About This Mac?

You can check your cores in Activity Monitor when you double click CPU load.

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2016-01-30 at 9.17.38 AM.png

(In my screenshot I am using my 4-core MBPr with Hyper-Threading so you will see 4 threads empty as the system is not under load)

Thanks, forgot about that. Had to do that with my dual core before and it was working.

I just got frustrated and went back to Windows because I had work to do in Unreal Engine. The FX is still fast on Windows, but the shortcuts interfere with the programs so then I have to change the shortcuts in the programs. It's very frustrating. Mac lets you disable system shortcuts which is a great feature.

Here is an adapted DMG for El Capitan with various drivers and SSDT's and DSDT's for various AMD boards, graphics cards, AMD kernels and with several links. the original AMD.dmg file comes from Rampagedev (for OS X Mavericks). I hope RampageDev has no objection, because I use its contents, but adjusted for El Capitan.
The thanks goes to RampageDev and hope that this content will help many AMD users.

- spakk -

Thanks! I'm going to try it, I'm getting fed up with the shortcuts problem in Windows. I haven't tried Windows 10 because I don't think Unreal is supposed to be compatible with it yet (according to the forum). I think they are now concentrating more on El Capitan (especially since they were in the Keynote).

Cool! You have 970A in there, thanks!

Also, I have to use MyHack with Lion because when I use Kext Wizard it tries to install it on my desktop in Lion (had to remove fakesmc, shocked my computer was starting with it).

Maybe it's my version of El Capitan, which one are you using? I'm trying to get past the gray screen now.

I have to get either a new heatsink for my old intel build or new arctic silver at Radio Shack because I keep on having to switch the fans (until I get the return). I can't download the newer versions until I switch to the Intel board again, it won't do it under Lion.

I get my hack working!!!!!wow thanks to this community!I made  the usb installer following Shaneee Video and USB FIX v2 by Spakk.
Kernel by Shanneee.Graphics lagging a lot and green icons.with nv_disable it 's not lagging but very low graphics.

Edit:11.11.2 installer

• Like 1

I have revised the content including myHack tool

Hi spakk, i see that your hardware is very similar to mine, can you help me to install El Capitan on my machine? I would like to use Clover, but i never reached the installation screen with Clover, better, never passed the black screen to start the installation....with Enoch i've so much problem with USB error on boot.

i try Shansee tutorial, use USB fix v2 after the installation process, but no luck....as you hardware is similar, can you help me to reach the installer please?

look at my 2nd machine in signature

Now i've working Yosemite 10.10.4 on this PC, but i want to upgrade and install Clover if possible

Hi spai, i see that your hardware is very similar to mines, can you help me to install El Capitan on my machine? I would like to use Clover, but i never reached the installation screen with Clover, better, never passed the black screen to start the installation....with Enoch i've so much problem with USB error on boot.

i try Shansee tutorial, use USB fix v2 after the installation process, but no luck....as you hardware is similar, can you help me to reach the installer please?

look at my 2nd machine in signature

Now i've working Yosemite 10.10.4 on this PC, but i want to upgrade and install Clover if possible

uploaded an unedited dsdt file (raw dsdt), then I create a matching Extra folder which will boot your system.

Damn, i don't know how, but previous attempts for El Capitan installation with Clover compromised my actual Yosemite working build....when i try to load from Yosemite hdd first it try to load Clover, and there's no trace of Clover in my HDD, i never installed Clover on this hdd, only in USB installer.When i shut down my machine this morning the system start fine, but now it's all a s**t, no chance to start Yosemite and no chance to Save DSDT....any suggestion please?

dsdt.aml.zip

Damn, i don't know how, but previous attempts for El Capitan installation with Clover compromised my actual Yosemite working build....when i try to load from Yosemite hdd first it try to load Clover, and there's no trace of Clover in my HDD, i never installed Clover on this hdd, only in USB installer.When i shut down my machine this morning the system start fine, but now it's all a s**t, no chance to start Yosemite and no chance to Save DSDT....any suggestion please?

I can not download this file, no idea why does not want to download, send me your file at my mailbox.

Ohne Titel.png

I'm creating a new installer with Clover UEFI mode, Enoch is causing a lot of problem on my BIOS, i don't want to damage anything

Edit: Uefi Mode does not work, maybe unsupported for my mainboard, try Legacy installer, put everything in Kexts/10.11/, kernel too, and dsdt on ACPI/patched...i'll let you know the results

Edit: Legacy mode brings me to GUI screen, but not after, when i press install, stuck at black screen with cursor...no idea

The max i reached with Enoch it's in my pictures

post-839034-0-46425100-1454755941_thumb.jpg

post-839034-0-63563300-1454756025_thumb.jpg