HELP TOPIC - [AMD] OS X El Capitan (10.11)

Duran Keeley

719 posts in this topic

Edit: Legacy mode brings me to GUI screen, but not after, when i press install, stuck at black screen with cursor...no idea

I'm experiencing the same thing on an Acer Aspire X3400-U4032 (AMD Athlon II X4 645), except the OS is already installed on the HDD.  Enoch boots it fine, and I'm tempted to settle for it, but I want to be able to do this, as well as take advantage of the numerous patching capabilities of Clover.

Any ideas?  Here are my Clover installation parameters:

[*] Install Clover in the ESP

[-] Bootloader

|-- [*] Install boot0ss in MBR

[-] CloverEFI

|-- [*] CloverEFI 64-bits BiosBlockIO

[*] Drivers64

[-] Drivers64UEFI

|-- [*] EmuVariableUefi-64

[*] Install RC scripts on target volume

[*] Install Clover Preference Pane

The "CloverEFI 64-bits BiosBlickIO" option is required, otherwise it won't make it to the Clover GUI.

I'm experiencing the same thing on an Acer Aspire X3400-U4032 (AMD Athlon II X4 645), except the OS is already installed on the HDD.  Enoch boots it fine, and I'm tempted to settle for it, but I want to be able to do this, as well as take advantage of the numerous patching capabilities of Clover.

Any ideas?  Here are my Clover installation parameters:

[*] Install Clover in the ESP

[-] Bootloader

|-- [*] Install boot0ss in MBR

[-] CloverEFI

|-- [*] CloverEFI 64-bits BiosBlockIO

[*] Drivers64

[-] Drivers64UEFI

|-- [*] EmuVariableUefi-64

[*] Install RC scripts on target volume

[*] Install Clover Preference Pane

The "CloverEFI 64-bits BiosBlickIO" option is required, otherwise it won't make it to the Clover GUI.

With this  flags i reach finally the GUI with Clover, but the installation doesn't start...if i try -x, the installation seems to start, it types " Using Safe mode", but stuck there, the hdd light stops and the process doesn't start, what else can i try?

With this  flags i reach finally the GUI with Clover, but the installation doesn't start...if i try -x, the installation seems to start, it types " Using Safe mode", but stuck there, the hdd light stops and the process doesn't start, what else can i try?

I'm stuck at the exact same thing Kaya.  Your best bet for now is Enoch, until someone else can provide a solution.  In the meantime, I'll keep trying, I don't want to give up on Clover just yet.

With Enoch, make sure you boot with CsrActiveConfig=103.  I've found that -f and npci=0x3000 are essential too.

• Like 1

I'm stuck at the exact same thing Kaya.  Your best bet for now is Enoch, until someone else can provide a solution.  In the meantime, I'll keep trying, I don't want to give up on Clover just yet.

With Enoch, make sure you boot with CsrActiveConfig=103.  I've found that -f and npci=0x3000 are essential too.

Ok, thanks Lacedaemon, i'll try again with Enoch, never flagged that option...can you tell me how to add this flag on Enoch?

Edit: Problem with USB error, stop and restart repeatedly and the RTC causes me teethe same problem, and i have to reset CMOS...:(kernel seems to load fine, have to disable USB 3.0 in bios settings?

Here is my Extra folder

Extra.zip

Ok, thanks Lacedaemon, i'll try again with Enoch, never flagged that option...can you tell me how to add this flag on Enoch?

According to the files you uploaded, it's already in your org.chameleon.Boot.plist, so you don't have to worry about it.  Although, even when I set it in my org.chameleon.Boot.plist, it won't use it for some reason, so I find it better to enter the flag manually.

I'm not sure about the RTC problem, it seems you already have a kext for that.  Also, change nvda_drv=1 to nv_disable=1 in org.chameleon.Boot.plist.

Ok, i try immediately....let you know. Is there anything i can take from my working Yosemite build?

then you say that i've to remove boot.chameleon... from Extra folder and try the flag manually?

Ok, i try immediately....let you know. Is there anything i can take from my working Yosemite build?

If they're system kexts, you're better off patching the 10.11 ones if you can.

For all other kexts, they should work just fine in El Capitan...

Hello all,

I'm new to the creation of a Hackintosh and I followed Shanee's awesome video to create a boot USB disk. I have 10.11.4 Beta 2 installed on my macbook air and used it to create the USB drive. The problem I have is when I launch Enoch it says "This package is incompatible with this version of OS X and may fail to install." I didn't see that in the video tutorial. When I boot my AMD rig (see below specs) I'm able to run disk utility and format my drive in preparation for OS X install which is awesome, however when I select my SSD from the installer it says its unable to find a package for install.... Any ideas what I might be doing incorrectly? Do I need a 10.11.4 install package?

My AMD Rig

GA-890FXA-UD5 / AMD Phenom II X6 1090T @3.7GHz / 32GB @1864Mbps / Gigabyte GV-R5876P-2GD-B 2GB / (2) SanDisk Extreme Pro SSD

Thanks!!

Marco

Not so familiar with kext patching, then i try without org.chameleon.boot.plist and manual flag at gui, can i try any other flag?

No way, even without org.chameleon.boot.plist and manual flag, no chance for me to reach the installer

Can you give your actual kernel Lacedeamon, i'll try with that....any kernel option to flag in Enoch?

I solved it ... I needed to make sure the correct date was set. For some strange reason overtime I reboot from the install disk my BIOS gets wiped back to default settings. Very annoying to say the least.

With Shanee's latest FX Kernel from today I was able to install all the way!!! 

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/310796-amd-os-x-el-capitan-1011-fx-kernel-task-force/?p=2214540

Now I need to get my Internet working ... I'll post in a few in the general section for that.

I deleted IoUSBFamilyKext, MassStorageClass and MassStorageDriver and now i'm trying the installation

Edit: Daaaaaaaaaaaamn, daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn, no chance, no way...so frustrating, Always usb stop/restart and RTC problem...maybe it's my DSDT?

I deleted IoUSBFamilyKext, MassStorageClass and MassStorageDriver and now i'm trying the installation

Edit: Daaaaaaaaaaaamn, daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn, no chance, no way...so frustrating, Always usb stop/restart and RTC problem...maybe it's my DSDT?

which bootloader you use, currently?
for enoch, i've prepared and sent you everything. I do not understand why you get problems with rtc? the patched driver is located in the extra/extensions folder, moreover, I have patched your dsdt incl. rtc and so on..

the remove of IOUSBFamilyKext, MassStorageClass and MassStorageDriver should be replaced by the drivers from the USB-Fix package ........ where are the problems .... it seems you have various job to do at the same times, that's not okay! always go one step to the other, never to do many things at the same times.

with clover you have to do something different ..... in relation to USBfix drivers ...
if you get stuck, then start a running OS X system and install teamviewer, and send me the ID number and password ==> to my mailbox, then I look what I can do.
But basically I've taken very little time for this.

Since we have almost the same hardware, I do not understand this problem, the settings are resolved in a few minutes.

Before your install OS X , you should make these Bios settings !!

These are my current BIOS settings for OS X (Mavericks, Yosemite and El Capitan) and Windows,
I use Enoch Bootloader vers. 2795:

Advanced BIOS Features:

AMD C1E [Enabled] ==> at first time, use [disable], you can test later with [Enabled]!

Virtualization [Enabled]

AMD 8 Col & Q. [Auto]

Integrated Peripherals:

On Chip SATA Controller [Enabled]

On Chip SATA Type [AHCI-SATA]

On Chip SATA 3.0 [Enabled]

F_USB30 Controller [Enabled]

SATA3 Controller [Enabled]

SATA3 Ctrl Mode [AHCI]

ON Board 1394 Function [Enabled]

Edited by spakk

With Yosemite i successfully install the system at first try, but now....i don't know what else i can do, really

Actually i've prepared 2 different usb Hdd, one with Clover legacy and the other with Enoch 2795, with flags of post 223 of this topic....maybe my fault is that i didin't replace those files in S/L/E (IOUSBFamilyKext, MassStorageClass and MassStorageDriver)...anyway i'll try with Enoch after you look at my Mac....i'll give my ID as soon as i install team viewer, thank for the help

Spakk..look into your mailbox and tell me when you want to connect, thanks

First of all I want to thank you for the contributions you have made in this blog has served me very helpful.

I come to now ask for help again with the captain, I have tried several options without being able to run either the USB, either in GUI format or MBR the result is the same with these kex and flags to use, this is the most fences I've been.

I ask a little patience My English is bad, thanks.

AMD Radeon HD 7770

GA 990FXA UD3 

AMD FX 8120

Capitan 10.11.3

post-1325739-0-21706000-1455215640_thumb.jpg

post-1325739-0-77611000-1455215675_thumb.png

Notes:

All parts were acquired from Chinese vendors.

I consider AMD the best value for price; it is possible to build a good unit without spending a whole lot.

---

MOBO: Onda A68P+ 45$

DSDT: I made one, give me time to upload :W

In my quest to find a very compatible MOBO I eventually settled on this, which has native Ethernet and ALC662; everything works here even without DSDT.

Making DSDT is very easy and there are no serious errors; GoogleFU will resolve mostly everything.

CPU: A10-7850k 120ish$

(Not Athlon, I like fallback options)

Added an external GPU which negates the onboard GPU, it is essential to use dual-channel with an APU otherwise it's on-board GPU will be cut by like 40%.

Since I didn't plan to use the onboard GPU I went single-channel with RAM, but kept the A10-7850K as a fallback in case the GPU failed.

GPU: Onda GT730k 64-bit 2GB GDDR5 85$

Required: msibase=0x90 (this value changes, more on this later)

This model is cool, It is a bit stronger than the 7850K and supports webdrivers so I felt it was a worthy upgrade and would probably work.

Using Chameleon, and a suitable AMD kernel (a few work) will lead to a pretty much native boot; GPU must be disabled until NVidia webdrivers are installed; upon which support for OS X native and Nvidia Webdrivers will be enabled.

Everything would seem fine, upon installing the Nvidia Webdrivers you're inflicted with a massive slowdown that occurs in Preview and other OpenCL applications.

I found in a certain Yosemite distro that this bug was resolved by using a flag of:

msibase=0x90

This seemed to allow for OpenCL to function correctly; I investigated this.

I found changes to the IOPCIFamily.kext was from 10.9 in the plist; so this seems to have been replaced from an era where msibase value was 0x90.

This value seems to rotate with each release.

More here: www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/281450-mavericks-kernel-testing-on-amd-formerly-mountain-lion-kernel-testing-on-amd/page-302

This persons method I believe was used to patch the Yosemite distro in question.

In OSx El Capitan, msibase=0x90 no longer works; this value is probably no longer located at 0x90 but somewhere else entirely.

Another way to resolve this slowdown is by disabling OpenCL in the GPU, making the CPU do it instead.

In the modified Yosemite Distro used the OpenCL was stock, leading me to think the first method is the correct way to actually resolve this issue.

Perhaps it is a matter of GPU firmware, firmware roulette on GPUs that are binary compatible could be interesting but not a game I'm trying to play.

Am hoping someone can shed some light on this issue which is plaguing a lot of people; I am really unsure of how to determine the proper msibase= value but believe that if I can do it life would be fantastic...

First of all I want to thank you for the contributions you have made in this blog has served me very helpful.

I come to now ask for help again with the captain, I have tried several options without being able to run either the USB, either in GUI format or MBR the result is the same with these kex and flags to use, this is the most fences I've been.

I ask a little patience My English is bad, thanks.

AMD Radeon HD 7770

GA 990FXA UD3 

AMD FX 8120

Capitan 10.11.3

The topic has been so many times discussed here, .... with many examples .......and many uploads and so on, but you ignore everything is here written and expect that we explain everything again.?

Reading will help you to understand better OS X.

• Like 1

The topic has been so many times discussed here, .... with many examples .......and many uploads and so on, but you ignore everything is here written and expect that we explain everything again.?

I tried doing the steps of similar publications to my computer without results, so I return to the point that I started some step may have done wrong so I started to ask for help, I will continue investigating thanks anyway.

I tried doing the steps of similar publications to my computer without results, so I return to the point that I started some step may have done wrong so I started to ask for help, I will continue investigating thanks anyway.

I'm not a monster! here is the complete Extra folder for your system
put the folder in your USB installer or put it in your OS X partition, then your system should start.
FYI, the kernel is located in the Extra folder, make any changes in to Extra folder. if should problems occur, then you can report here.

this upload is suitable only for the hardware of engels18!

Extra.zip

I'm not a monster! here is the complete Extra folder for your system

put the folder in your USB installer or put it in your OS X partition, then your system should start.

FYI, the kernel is located in the Extra folder, make any changes in to Extra folder. if should problems occur, then you can report here.

this upload is suitable only for the hardware of engels18!

Achieve boot but I get this error now wait two hours and did not leave for 16 minutes, use the files you passed me in principle under'm using kernel panic shanee-FX2 and dummy, kext gave me this result as your probe kext keep trying thanks for the help.  :)

Chooser[438:7016] TSplicedFont failed creating descriptor for:

Feb  13 21:56:45 MacBook-Pro Unknown[446]: (

Feb  13 21:56:45 MacBook-Pro Unknown[446]]:         {

Feb  13 21:56:45 MacBook-Pro Unknown[446]]:         UnicodeRange = "<__NSCFCharacterSet: 0x7fe26c5d3940>";

Feb  13 21:56:45 MacBook-Pro Unknown[446]]:         name = NotoSansBuhid;

Feb  13 21:56:45 MacBook-Pro Unknown[446]]:     },

Feb  13 21:56:45 MacBook-Pro Unknown[446]]:         UnicodeRange = "<__NSCFCharacterSet: 0x7fe26c5d39f0>";

Feb  13 21:56:45 MacBook-Pro Unknown[446]]:         name = NotoSansHanunoo;

I do not understand why you do not use the whole content of the Extra folder, which I have uploaded. This are all files includes, you need only install the USB-fix package, repair the permissions and reboot. the first boot your system will build the prelinked Kernel, then the system reset and start again and will reach the desktop! ....so simple ... nothing more.  ^_^

Achieve boot but I get this error now wait two hours and did not leave for 16 minutes, use the files you passed me in principle under'm using kernel panic shanee-FX2 and dummy, kext gave me this result as your probe kext keep trying thanks for the help.   :)

Chooser[438:7016] TSplicedFont failed creating descriptor for:

Feb  13 21:56:45 MacBook-Pro Unknown[446]: (

Feb  13 21:56:45 MacBook-Pro Unknown[446]]:         UnicodeRange = "<__nscfcharacterset:>";

Feb  13 21:56:45 MacBook-Pro Unknown[446]]:         name = NotoSansBuhid;

Feb  13 21:56:45 MacBook-Pro Unknown[446]]:     },

Feb  13 21:56:45 MacBook-Pro Unknown[446]]:         UnicodeRange = "<__nscfcharacterset:>";

Feb  13 21:56:45 MacBook-Pro Unknown[446]]:         name = NotoSansHanunoo;

Use another USB flash disk or external HDD, maybe the problem is caused by the USB Flash Disk