HELP TOPIC - [AMD] OS X El Capitan (10.11)

Duran Keeley

719 posts in this topic

Hi all,

I'm trying to install El Capitan on my Desktop Build.

Specs : AMD FX 6100 + Asus M5A97 MOBO + ATI Radeon HD 6850 + Samsung 200 GB HDD

Created bootable installer using this tutorial

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7AFcC2et6U

When I tried to boot from this, got a bunch of USB errors. So I applied usb fix by spakk to the USB installer. Now I can boot to the installer using the flags " -v dart=0 -f "

But Mouse freezes at the installer screen. Keyboard is working. I tried many flags, PCIRootUID=1 npci=0x2000/0x3000 USBBusFix=Yes

The problem persists. Now I'm stuck here. Do you guys have any idea what I should do next. Tried googling it, but no solution was found.

Move the mouse from one USB port to another. Spakk mentions that this works for the installation.

• Like 1

Hi all,

I'm trying to install El Capitan on my Desktop Build.

Specs : AMD FX 6100 + Asus M5A97 MOBO + ATI Radeon HD 6850 + Samsung 200 GB HDD

Created bootable installer using this tutorial

When I tried to boot from this, got a bunch of USB errors. So I applied usb fix by spakk to the USB installer. Now I can boot to the installer using the flags " -v dart=0 -f "

But Mouse freezes at the installer screen. Keyboard is working. I tried many flags, PCIRootUID=1 npci=0x2000/0x3000 USBBusFix=Yes

The problem persists. Now I'm stuck here. Do you guys have any idea what I should do next. Tried googling it, but no solution was found.

Same happened to me so I just used my keyboard to get the install done. You can do pretty much everything with it, even access utility manager. 

I have an issue where I simply cannot do a clean install of El Capitan. I can only install it over a older version, either from another partition within the hard drive or update via app store. If I use a USB it simply complaints about .NotoSans something and exceptions occurring with fonts. My ACPI files are close to perfect for my 1st hack in signature, I've fixed everything, including USB ports and limits...

OS X El Capitan works great when installed, but its a shame that this happens to me while it installing from USB. 

I've tried on different USB an the same happens. It only seems to happen to my hack though, because with the same USB that give error in my 1st laptop I successfully installed from scratch on another machine so... pretty weird stuff.

Hi guys I have managed to install El Capitan, the only issue I'm facing right now is that on the setup screen I'm not able to click the continue button, keyboard and mouse works great and I can choose my country from the selection but the continue button wont work, I know it sounds crazy but yes that's where I'm stuck at right now. Any tips or tricks you might have under your sleeves will be very much appreciated. Thanks!

Hi guys I have managed to install El Capitan, the only issue I'm facing right now is that on the setup screen I'm not able to click the continue button, keyboard and mouse works great and I can choose my country from the selection but the continue button wont work, I know it sounds crazy but yes that's where I'm stuck at right now. Any tips or tricks you might have under your sleeves will be very much appreciated. Thanks!

we have discussed here at least twice! click either left- or right- or above- or below- the button, then it will work, possible is your screen not calibrated?

when I replace a kernel with a different one what commands should I enter into terminal?

renew kernel cache with Kext Wizard.app or a similar tool

I never reach the installer, maybe my problem is that i've 10.11 build and not 10.11.2

No, i think that will not be the problem, you can use any version of El Capitan.
probably caused the graphics card these problems, if the system should get stuck here:  “....Waiting for DSMOS” or “....DSMOS has arrived”..or .."Iobluetooth..."
then boot with: -s npci=0x3000 UseKernelCache=No GraphicsEnabler=NO  (if a dsdt is used, then boot with: DSDT=NO)

fsck -fy               (press the enter key)
mount -uw /                 (press the enter key)
mkdir /backup                      (write these and press the enter key)
cd /System/Library/Extensions                            (write these and press the enter key)
mv AppleIntelHD* AppleIntelSNB* AMDRadeon* ATI* GeForce* NVDA* /backup        (write these and press the enter key)
rm ../Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/kernelcache      (write these and press the enter key)
reboot              (press the enter key)

alternatively:
connect the USB flash disk or the external HDD to an runnable OS X system
then remove all graphics drivers, as described above from S/L/E, then fix the permissions and reboot.
  • Like 1

Any news to solve graphic problems on AMD FX processors?

I have also problems with GA-990FXA-UD3 (rev.4.0) gigabyte related to the cache guess, because it stays white screen with your mouse charging.

The solution that had to yosemite and mavericks was to replace

AppleACPIPlatform.kext

IOPCIFamily.kext
Now I know if the captain are other, or the same because no longer work those he used.

Thanks for the help

You can test it, and report us your experience, but better test it on a second partition, so that your main partition is not damaged..

I test everything on external hdd, only when i'm sure i clone it to internal...I always have that problem with USB ports on Yosemite build, cuold you help me fix that problem too?

I test everything on external hdd, only when i'm sure i clone it to internal...I always have that problem with USB ports on Yosemite build, cuold you help me fix that problem too?

No, there is no USB problems at Yosemite. The changes are only emerged with publication of El Capitan.

I was the assumption that you want to replace AppleACPIPlatform.kext and IOPCIFamily.kext from Yosemite to El Capitan.

If at the replacing of the two drivers not come a kernel panic, then create the prelinked kernel, but before creating the preLinked kernel you need to repair the permissions of your externe hdd !!

Edit:

declare the name of your external HDD, as in my example (see below ) without teaching line or dash etc. Then open the terminal from Yosemite or from El Capitan and give the code line by line.

Code:

cd /Volumes/MacintoshHD

sudo chown root:admin /

sudo kextcache -system-prelinked-kernel

sudo kextcache -system-caches

No, i simply want to fix my USB issues on my actual Yosemite working build, because i can't reach the installer with El Capitna in any way i try, always USB stop/restart problem,RTC resets every time,  and i'm very tired of this situation, and i don't know why i'm the only who can't fix this...then i decide to remain on Yosemite, but i've a lot of problem on my USB ports and the system often hangs up, stucks for some reason , seems very buggy :D

Anyone had success with microphones? I use voodooHDA and there's no signal.

try first to activate the internal sound card with the AppleHDA Patcher.app (see above under download ) follow the intructionen of Mirone and Mickey, if you shoulderstand succeed with it, then you've won the goal, then the microphone will working. Alternative use VoodooHDA.Kext (use last voodooHda by Andy Vandijk) and patch the driver for your internal sound / microphone use the google search engine ... there are many instructions, how to do that. ..so far as I know you can use DPCI-Manager.app to patch that.

You've probably at the front and back various USB slots, please check while you are in the installation mode each USB port. It must have two USB ports work. 

You've probably at the front and back various USB slots, please check while you are in the installation mode each USB port. It must have two USB ports work. 

I have two 2.0 + one 3.0 at the front and two more 2.0 + three 3.0 at the back. I connected my different mouses at each port but they doesn't works :S and tried also with the keyboard disconnected.

I have two 2.0 + one 3.0 at the front and two more 2.0 + three 3.0 at the back. I connected my different mouses at each port but they doesn't works :S and tried also with the keyboard disconnected.

do you have installed the usb-fix-package in the usb installer?

if yes, then this will probably be the cause of the problems. The package must be installed after the installation of el capitan into s/l/e.

the USB installer must remain as unchanged as possible, to delete only these drivers: AppleIntelCpuPowerManagement.kext and AppleTMC.kext, otherwise make no further changes!

Edit:

possibly you can install in order for error-free boot, the System.kext from kernel package, otherwise make no further changes.

• Like 1

do you have installed the usb-fix-package in the usb installer?

if yes, then this will probably be the cause of the problems. The package must be installed after the installation of el capitan into s/l/e.

the USB installer must remain as unchanged as possible, to delete only these drivers: AppleIntelCpuPowerManagement.kext and AppleTMC.kext, otherwise make no further changes!

Edit:

possibly you can install in order for error-free boot, the System.kext from kernel package, otherwise make no further changes.

Ouch... Yes, I have the USB fix v3 package installed in the usb installer... I will try without it then :o

Spakk, you are a beast. Thank you GOD-spakk. I will let you know if it works :D!!

EDIT

Deleted only AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext and AppleTyMCE.kext and this is the result. Im looking for the System.kext you mentioned but I dont see it, kernel is alone in the folder.

post-1485056-0-61893200-1457365024_thumb.jpg

• Like 1