HELP TOPIC - [AMD] OS X El Capitan (10.11)

719 posts in this topic

@Gils, i use Enoch, which works with El Capitan, this is an opcode problem

@Gils, i use Enoch, which works with El Capitan, this is an opcode problem

Use latest enoch. Same error for me too.

Upd:

Strange, but opcode error and panic was when i used evoreboot kext in extra folder.

Now i remove this kext. No opcode error anymore. Boot is very slow and stops here:

338f17b1599e39739bc5554bd835a4d6.jpg

• Like 2

I try to boot from usb install drive. Os version is 10.11.0

But every time boot is stops on this string:

hfs: set VeryLowDisk: vol:untitled, freeblks:0, dangerlimit:12

As I understand that this error is related to disk, but I don't have volume with title 'untitled'. So I don't know how to solve this.

And you are correct !

rootless=whatever you want is useless since El Capitan DP3 (or was it DP4 ? Hum… can't remember).

CsrActiveConfig=103 (Chameleon) or CsrActiveConfig=0x3 (Clover in RtVariables) is good and also mandatory for everyone now.

Oh, and I forgot to say that you need kernel.plist file in Extra folder for Enoch (Chameleon is still not compatible with El Capitan) with this setting (minimum) :

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>KernelBooter_kexts</key>
<string>Yes</string>
</dict>
</plist>
  • Like 4

And you are correct !

rootless=whatever you want is useless since El Capitan DP3 (or was it DP4 ? Hum… can't remember).

CsrActiveConfig=103 (Chameleon) or CsrActiveConfig=0x3 (Clover in RtVariables) is good and also mandatory for everyone now.

Oh, and I forgot to say that you need kernel.plist file in Extra folder for Enoch (Chameleon is still not compatible with El Capitan) with this setting (minimum) :

<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>KernelBooter_kexts</key>
<string>Yes</string>
</dict>
</plist>

No matter what I enter for Enoch it loads 0x01 and I'm getting the same error. Clover won't work at all for me. Will keep trying.

0x28 is BooterConfig and I don't know what's its purpose yet. The only important one is CsrActiveConfig value which must be at least 0x1 or 0x67.

More info here ;).

@Shaneee

Do you have this in org.chameleon.Boot.plist ? :

<key>CsrActiveConfig</key>
<string>103</string>

CsrActiveConfig=103 won't work ;).

0x28 is BooterConfig and I don't know what's its purpose yet. The only important one is CsrActiveConfig value which must be at least 0x1 or 0x67.

More info here ;).

@Shaneee

Do you have this in org.chameleon.Boot.plist ? :

<key>CsrActiveConfig</key>
<string>103</string>

CsrActiveConfig=103 won't work ;).

Yes I do. I'm trying fresh again,

<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
	<key>CrsActiveConfig</key>
	<string>103</string>
	<key>Kernel Flags</key>
	<string>-v npci=0x3000</string>
	<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>USBLegacyOff</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
</dict>
</plist>

I made an install drive with Createinstallmedia and I have the amd kernel in /Extra/Kernels/kernel and I boot with the neccasary bootflags for my machine + /Extra/Kernels/kernel but it doesn't seem to boot the amd kernel and reboots I'm using the latest enoch with csractive.

Can I still download the 10.11.0 from the store because I thought that there's a new version?

I don't think so. Apple usually post the latest version on the MAS. You'll end up with a 10.10.2 10.11.2 :P version for sure.

That said, I'm pretty sure it will still work with this version (I'm currently installing 10.11.1 on my system :)). Give it a try !

• Like 2