HELP TOPIC - [AMD] OS X El Capitan (10.11)

Duran Keeley

719 posts in this topic

@itisme754 do you have the following in your boot.plist?

<key>CsrActiveConfig</key>
<string>103</string>

Which boot.plist?

com.apple.Boot.plist  or  org.chameleon.Boot.plist

EDIT: Yes it is already there 

can you try something? use the Extensions folder before the change to the USB fix, fix permissions, renew the kernel cache.and strart again, with the dsdt

I didn't back up  :w00t:  

EDIT: just made a fresh install. will test

Mine didn't, and it said the CPU was unsupported. Plus still couldn't get the mouse or pen to work, so I'm working on the PC (uggghh) for now. I need something fast for Unreal Engine.

So, has anybody got ElCapitan to recognize your 6-8 cores on AMD? If so please list your boot flags (and maybe kernel you used).

Still this is a temp fix until I get my i7 with my refund (need ram and motherboard too), which will be a long wait according to the news. :rolleyes:

Mine didn't, and it said the CPU was unsupported. Plus still couldn't get the mouse or pen to work, so I'm working on the PC (uggghh) for now. I need something fast for Unreal Engine.

So, has anybody got ElCapitan to recognize your 6-8 cores on AMD? If so please list your boot flags (and maybe kernel you used).

Still this is a temp fix until I get my i7 with my refund (need ram and motherboard too), which will be a long wait according to the news. :rolleyes:

Try this kernel, and i use this flag: -f -v npci=0x2000 GraphicsEnabler=Yes. GraphicsEnabler=Yes - if you use nvidia graphics card.

J

Did you try to format it MBR in Disk Utility first? Pandora doesn't support it.

I used GUID. Should I use MBR? Btw if I use -x (safe mode), I get to the login screen (username and password screen) instead of the initial setup. It's a fresh install. Weird!

J

I used GUID. Should I use MBR? Btw if I use -x (safe mode), I get to the login screen (username and password screen) instead of the initial setup. It's a fresh install. Weird!

it may be possibly that the graphics drivers cause these problems, install first OS X , then we'll see.

spakk, here is what you've asked for....

where's the rest? dsdt+ioreg?

if no OS X system exists then export the dsdt via DSDT Editor for Windows on windows system

Yes you are right. This is the last thing I see when booting:

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

With -x safe mode:

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

install this driver for Radeon HD7770 to S/L/E, repair the permissions and start again without -x

verde.kext_.zip

Edited by spakk

The last time I had the cores not being recognised is when booting with "cpus=1" was a boot flag and that was the only way I could get to the desktop to install the VoodooTSCSync.kext.

Quick question about your above CPU was unsupported, was that when trying to boot or was it saying Unknown CPU in the About This Mac?

You can check your cores in Activity Monitor when you double click CPU load.

Screen Shot 2016-01-30 at 9.17.38 AM.png

(In my screenshot I am using my 4-core MBPr with Hyper-Threading so you will see 4 threads empty as the system is not under load)

install this driver for Radeon HD7770 to S/L/E, repair the permissions and start again without -x

I saw on other posts that people had success with this on the HD7770.

I just tried in /S/L/E but it didn't change much :(

Here are the steps of how I installed el capitan. What's the issue that's causing graphic issues? Did I miss anything?

1- Create usb installation stick from apple's 10.11.3

2- Install and copy kernel to /S/L/Kernels

3- Used Spakk USB fix v2 and dsdt.aml

4- added FakeSMC and NullPowerManagement kexts to /Extra/ (copy paste from Shaneee tutorial files)

5- Fixed Permissions + renew KernelCache with Kext Wizard (on separate Yosemite system to El-capitan)

Edit by spakk

I think that you need to install the VIA driver, ( AppleNForceATA.imk64bit.kext I'm unsure, but it can nothing cause ....)  of the rest, I would install in to Extra/Extensions folder.

Extra_Extensions.zip

In /SLE or /extra?

/S/L/E as spakk said in his original post.

yes that is such a thing, I install since El Capitan my AMD kernel in the Extra folder, so I have no problems after the update, the kernel is not overwritten by the vanillia kernel. and can then immediately boot my system. it has great advantages.
but that should everyone do as he wants :)

newhack, boots your system or not?, if not, then describe the situation

After completing the installation (with mouse working and keyboard), the system does not boot (invalid kernel code) no matter what kernel i try !

Except for the kernel on the installed system do i have to change sth else?

Can someone explain what i need to do after the installation change kexts etc?

After completing the installation (with mouse working and keyboard), the system does not boot (invalid kernel code) no matter what kernel i try !

Except for the kernel on the installed system do i have to change sth else?

Can someone explain what i need to do after the installation change kexts etc?

then try to boot without dsdt.aml, boot with this flag: npci=0x2000 or npci=0x=3000 -v -f DSDT=NO
or a driver in Extra/Extensions/ causing the problems with opcode error, you need to check that step by step.
This is difficult to make 100 percent statement, from distance, what the cause is,
that does not necessarily have the kernel, be the cause of the problem.

Edit by spakk

I think that you need to install the VIA driver, ( AppleNForceATA.imk64bit.kext I'm unsure, but it can nothing cause ....)  of the rest, I would install in to Extra/Extensions folder.

This got me to the yellow screen again... 

Is this normal though? It happens when I boot:

post-1593919-0-63029000-1454190836_thumb.jpg