HELP TOPIC - [AMD] OS X El Capitan (10.11)

Duran Keeley

719 posts in this topic

Do you know how to inject it for hd7770? I have no idea how

ItsMe, I'm still waiting for your dsdt and the ioreg

Seem like it doesn't work.

But I'm not sure i did the right way to launched the DSDT file. Because I'm new guy. maybe i made some low-level mistakes.

I add that DSDT file to /Extra/extensions/ folder .

Then edit org.chameleon.Boot.plist file

<key>CsrActiveConfig</key>
	<string>103</string>
	<key>DSDT</key>
	<string>/Extra/Extensions/DSDT.aml</string>
	<key>Kernel Flags</key>
	<string>-v -f npci=0x3000</string>
	<key>SMBIOS</key>
	<string>/Extra/SMBios.plist</string>

And here is my Extra folder.attachicon.gifExtra.zip

I have a question is my motherboard don't support USB 3.0. So can i just try old SMBios like Mac Pro 3,1 which don't have XHCI port.

The last question is how can i see SMBios and DSDT successful launched.

Thanks for you work.

I edit the contents of your Extra folder and send it to you, but so that could not work well what did you do :) , not a cause. ^_^

itsme, again I do not have access to Google Drive, which I sent you a message on your mailbox and I gave you an upload server link, for free and without registration, because you can upload up to 500 MB, please

plz use these for upload: http://workupload.com/

Seem like it doesn't work.

But I'm not sure i did the right way to launched the DSDT file. Because I'm new guy. maybe i made some low-level mistakes.

I add that DSDT file to /Extra/extensions/ folder .

Then edit org.chameleon.Boot.plist file

<key>CsrActiveConfig</key>
	<string>103</string>
	<key>DSDT</key>
	<string>/Extra/Extensions/DSDT.aml</string>
	<key>Kernel Flags</key>
	<string>-v -f npci=0x3000</string>
	<key>SMBIOS</key>
	<string>/Extra/SMBios.plist</string>

And here is my Extra folder.attachicon.gifExtra.zip

I have a question is my motherboard don't support USB 3.0. So can i just try old SMBios like Mac Pro 3,1 which don't have XHCI port.

The last question is how can i see SMBios and DSDT successful launched.

Thanks for you work.

antonio, Just for info: I have sent you a message, and asking your to send me your full hardware spec, so that I can prepare your data.

Already did on a previous post but here again:

IOREG

DSDT

plz test and send me your report, see in your mailbox

if someone has a code by Apple and would like to test iCloud and iMessage, who wants to test these, please (many thx goes to lpukraine)

Hi Spakk after your advice I have successfully installed El Capitan on my rig....Thank you....However I just get instant reboots system seems not to load anything at all then reboots ....could this be graphics related my friend I have R9270X...Thanks in advance.

Hi Spakk after your advice I have successfully installed El Capitan on my rig....Thank you....However I just get instant reboots system seems not to load anything at all then reboots ....could this be graphics related my friend I have R9270X...Thanks in advance.

send me your dsdt and your ioreg, I've found that I have an inject for a graphics card  :D

.......Have you tried to patch the drivers? ran previously your system normal? in advance, sory if I ask ... I've lost a little track.

Thanks a lot my freind  :) download

Not yet tried to patch drivers.... only just managed to successfully install after using your usb fix and making installer 4 times  :rofl:  

I have never had El Capitan working as of yet my friend. 

if you write that your system is not fully boot, can you describe in more details? what happens after start the bootloader?

Enoch starts up and gets to the part where it reads extensions from /Extra then /System/Library/Extensions then reboot.

No drivers load at all my friend :(

Did you replace the kernel on the installed partition after installing? 

if the system does not boot after that, then it is probably not start the amd kernel, then the referencing to the amd kernel is incorrectly (in org.chameleon.boot.plist) or not matching the kernel, either in the folders Extra or in S/L/kernels .... then you have to  check a) the entry of the org.chameleon.boot.plist ....b.) or check the folder where the amd kernel is actually installed.. but when the system boots ... what happens then....

@Mr___G, plz check #549

@Shaneee, thanks for your help, I will edit in meantime his dsdt..

• Like 1

Certainly did mate.

Then it may be using the vanilla kernels caches. Navigate to System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup and remove kernelcache then navigate to System/Library/PrelinkedKernels and remove prelinkedkernel then boot using -f

Certainly did mate.

your DSDT.aml is exactly 0 bytes in size, do the following, ioreg is okay

install dsdt editor then export as dsdt.dsl or dsdt.aml or copy the contents in a txt file

Then it may be using the vanilla kernels caches. Navigate to System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup and remove kernelcache then navigate to System/Library/PrelinkedKernels and remove prelinkedkernel then boot using -f

ok will try that thanks mate....

your DSDT.aml is exactly 0 bytes in size, do the following, ioreg is okay

install dsdt editor then export as dsdt.dsl or dsdt.aml or copy the contents in a txt file

ok sorry about that i will upload it now

Here you go Spakk my apologies for the last one

download

Then it may be using the vanilla kernels caches. Navigate to System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup and remove kernelcache then navigate to System/Library/PrelinkedKernels and remove prelinkedkernel then boot using -f

Didn't work I'm afraid Shaneee....Thanks anyways.

do you use the PCI graphics card or the onboard graphics card? if PCI then desable the internal graphics card in BIOS  ===> "Disable on-chip VGA" Otherwise OS X will not boot.

do you use the PCI graphics card or the onboard graphics card? if PCI then desable the internal graphics card in BIOS  ===> "Disable on-chip VGA" Otherwise OS X will not boot.

I use my SAPPHIRE RADEON R9 270X 2GB onboard is always disabled

No problem my friend I have never had this problem before...Yosemite 10.10.5 runs better on my rig than it does on my friends iMac and that's thanks to yourself Bronya Shaneee and so on and so on. I am just shocked El Capitan is so much harder to get running as smooth.

Thanks for your time.

can you try something? use the Extensions folder before the change to the USB fix, fix permissions, renew the kernel cache.and strart again, with the dsdt