HELP TOPIC - [AMD] OS X El Capitan (10.11)

Duran Keeley

719 posts in this topic

@Shaneee, hi! I want to try to install El Capitan on desktop (Athlon X2 270, HD6670) with your RC4 kernel. As I've understand kernel needs custom System.kext. My question is what additional boot-arguments do I need? Is there any key for CPUs without SSSE3 support (I'm currently using Lion with kernel what has -nossse3bit argument)?

Thanks in advance!

The System kext isn't a requirement and there are no special bootflags :)

• Like 1

Is there any possibility to install and use El Capitan using Clover?

Nach Yosemite 10.10.5 ist Schluss mit Clover, El Capitan lässt sich nur mit Enoch booten, ausser man hat eine CPU mit SSE4.1 (Bulldozer, Piledriver, etc.).

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey Shaneee ive been stuck for the past few months. Enoch refuses to read my 16GB usb drive and when i use a system drive as an installer it gets stuck no matter what commands i use. I can get into single user mode and fix permissions and stuff but nothing ever changes when i do

20170131_211227.jpg

Hey Shaneee ive been stuck for the past few months. Enoch refuses to read my 16GB usb drive and when i use a system drive as an installer it gets stuck no matter what commands i use. I can get into single user mode and fix permissions and stuff but nothing ever changes when i do

20170131_211227.jpg

Are you using CsrActiveConfig=103

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I still can not use USB, I used the USB Fix El-Capitan, but still can not use the mouse, how to do, there are other ways? I can only use 10.10 how to do?

and how to use system .kext?

If you have an Asus mainboard, then use "AHCIPortInjector.kext" that I've described under USB-FIX-V3 for El Capitan, so then your mouse and keyboard should work

Asus Mainboard User:

follow these instructions:

and install these Chipset drivers if problems occur with keyboard / mouse: AHCIPortInjector.kext

Intel / AMD please post your questions here: http://www.insanelym...for-el-capitan/

20170131_211227.jpg

The best way to help, so I think can only be done with Teamviewer, as far as you have another running OS X version on your hackintosh. 
Unfortunately, I have very little time at the moment, maybe someone is be able to help you in the next days?..Maybe can help you at the weekend (friday or saturday, from 6 pm in the evening, European Time)
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone,

I've been trying to get this R7 265 working for the past day or so, and nothing I've tried is working.  Every attempt always leads to a black screen, and at this point I'm not sure what I'm missing.

Specs:

• AMD Phenom II X4 840 3.2GHz
  • ASRock N68C-GS FX
  • Sapphire Radeon R7 265 2GB
  • OS X El Capitan 10.11.6 w/ latest kernel from AMD-OSX.com

What I've tried:

• Installing System.kext included with kernel.
  • Installing patched IOPCIFamily and booting with msibase=0x90.
  • Generating a custom Futomaki framebuffer.  I can post it if you think the problem is coming from there, but this problem existed even before I attempted a framebuffer patch.
  • Flashing a different VBIOS to the card.
  • Booting in safe mode.
  • Booting with npci=0x2000/0x3000 and/or PCIRootUID=0/1, as well as pciroot=0 and AtiConfig=Radeon.
  • Tried an R9 270X, in case the R7 265 was a weird exception to Pitcairn support in OS X.  Same issue.
  • Mainly using DVI-I, but tried all the different ports as well.

What puzzles me is that the HD 6850 I'm trying to upgrade from works perfectly fine with the vanilla Radeon and Duckweed framebuffers.  Is there something preventing these newer GPUs from starting on my system?

Below is an image of verbose mode right before the screen turns black:

ptztiJN.jpg

I can upload my org.chameleon.Boot.plist upon request.

Thanks so much!

Hi everyone,

I've been trying to get this R7 265 working for the past day or so, and nothing I've tried is working.  Every attempt always leads to a black screen, and at this point I'm not sure what I'm missing.

Specs:

• ASRock N68C-GS FX

What I've tried:

• Generating a custom Futomaki framebuffer.  I can post it if you think the problem is coming from there, but this problem existed even before I attempted a framebuffer patch.
  • Booting in safe mode.
  • Booting with npci=0x2000/0x3000 and/or PCIRootUID=0/1, as well as pciroot=0 and AtiConfig=Radeon.
  • Tried an R9 270X, in case the R7 265 was a weird exception to Pitcairn support in OS X.  Same issue.

What puzzles me is that the HD 6850 I'm trying to upgrade from works perfectly fine with the vanilla Radeon and Duckweed framebuffers.  Is there something preventing these newer GPUs from starting on my system?

Thanks so much!

• Did the graphics card work with the previous OS X version, if so, what changes were made before the problems occurred?
  • I'm assuming that you have modified correctly the AMD7000Controller.kext with these changes "68191002" for your graphics card?
  • ... Just ask, which smbios.plist are you using?

Hi everyone,

Specs:

• ASRock N68C-GS FX

What I've tried:

• Booting in safe mode.

ptztiJN.jpg

Thanks so much!

And flag: GraphicsEnabler=No

New drivers for the 1xxx series is Sierra only I'm sure.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Baah. Ok then, gonna go wait either for the new Intel CPU to just go natively or for the kernel for AMD to get released.

• 2 weeks later...
info!

Probably occur these problems only on older AMD CPUs without SSE4.1 instructions? This is only a guess, 

Possibly the problem also occurred on FX CPUs..?, no idea if the last update build (from yesterday) is the transition to Sierra 10.12.x? You need make a clone of your mac os x partition before you starting the update, otherwise you are in danger of having no running system. All programs which are in the dock, will no longer work, after double click on the respective icons on the Dock, the dock remains rigid, and a error message appears,

that all programs in the applications folder are either not working or even not extist, even though that all programs are in the applications folder.

I have been patched the affected binaries and now works at least the Dock.app, it is no longer rigid! however the program icons can not be started, the error message is still displayed.

solved completely

• 1 year later...
On 12/9/2015 at 8:09 PM, lpukraine said:

I try to boot from usb install drive. Os version is 10.11.0

But every time boot is stops on this string:

hfs: set VeryLowDisk: FileZilla Malwarebytes Rufus vol:untitled, freeblks:0, dangerlimit:12

As I understand that this error is related to disk, but I don't have volume with title 'untitled'. So I don't know how to solve this.

Strange, but opcode error and panic was when i used evoreboot kext in extra folder.

Edited by baciliyatsia