HELP TOPIC - [AMD] OS X El Capitan (10.11)

Duran Keeley

719 posts in this topic

Hey,guys. i tried almost all kernels from this topic, but i still failed.

Test on CPU:AMD Athlon II X4 610e processor 2.40 Ghz

RAM:4.00GB Video card:AMD Radeon HD 5450

OS X version:OS X EI Capitan-10.11.2

Installed by usb disk.

First i tired  attachicon.gif10112R2.zip by y2k4u . Here is the photo 

attachicon.gifIMG_2054.JPG

Then i tired a kernel download from a china forum. seem like worked but stuck at system uptime nanoseconds.

attachicon.gifIMG_2052.JPG

Hope someone help me ,thanks very much.

First of all try to use my Chameleon settings which i've posted here #413 (last spoiler) Shaneee's extra folder is good))), you can also try USBLegacyOff=Yes instead of USBBusFix=Yes (important!!! do not use those flags together). I have had exactly the same problem which you showed in your second screenshot, i've solved that problem and described solution in that post #430.

upd. Try to use this USB-Fix:

• Like 2

try this:

boot from installer with the following flags

-s CsrActiveConfig=127 KernelBooter_kexts=Yes

once at the terminal, type the following, without the stuff in parenthesis:

mount -uw /

mkdir /Volumes/HD

ls /dev/disk* (you need to find your El Capitan hard drive, usually disk0s2)

mount -t hfs /dev/disk0s2 (or whatever your hard drive is) /Volumes/HD

mv /Volumes/HD/System/Library/Kernels/kernel /Volumes/HD/System/Library/Kernels/kernel.bak

cp -rf /System/Library/Kernels/kernel /Volumes/HD/System/Library/Kernels/kernel

chown -R root:wheel /Volumes/HD/System/Library/Kernels/*

shutdown -r now

after the reboot, boot with -f and whatever other flags you need

Thank you for your quick response! I'm running into a few issues. When I tried to boot with "-s CsrActiveConfig=127 KernelBooter_kexts=Yes" The boot froze just before reaching the boot screen. So I booted without any added boot flags "using only the ones that Enoch put in automatically) it boots to the installer. So I got to terminal and tried to use the codes you gave me, but at "mount -t hfs /dev/disk0s2 (my disk is actually named disk0s2) /Volumes/HD" I get this error "mount_hfs: error on mount(): error = -1." I tried to go on, (realizing that it was a long shot that anything would work if I couldn't mount that) and on the next command I got "No such file or directory"

I'm going to try again from the beginning and see if I can get it to work. I'll update if I have any better luck.

Any ideas about what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks!

Thank you for your quick response! I'm running into a few issues. When I tried to boot with "-s CsrActiveConfig=127 KernelBooter_kexts=Yes" The boot froze just before reaching the boot screen. So I booted without any added boot flags "using only the ones that Enoch put in automatically) it boots to the installer. So I got to terminal and tried to use the codes you gave me, but at "mount -t hfs /dev/disk0s2 (my disk is actually named disk0s2) /Volumes/HD" I get this error "mount_hfs: error on mount(): error = -1." I tried to go on, (realizing that it was a long shot that anything would work if I couldn't mount that) and on the next command I got "No such file or directory"

I'm going to try again from the beginning and see if I can get it to work. I'll update if I have any better luck.

Thanks!

All this does not make sense! if you not write your fully hardware spec in the signature, no one can give you a useful aid to fix the problem. The signature, can be very helpful, and because does not serve alone just the cosmetics.

• Like 1

Thanks!

the -s flag won't give you a graphical user interface, it will just be a plain black screen with white writing, but you can input commands there.  Using the -s flag seems to yield better results for the terminal (at least for me)

The whole series of commands I gave were for a post install to copy the appropriate kernel to the hard drive on which you installed El Capitan.  Make sure you have the system installed to the hard drive first, then reboot and enter the commands as listed.  I don't know what the error code -1 is, but those commands worked for my install.  It sounds like your hard drive isn't formatted to HFS+.  

Try installing El Capitan from the USB, then reboot into the installer and type:

diskutil list

and post the results on here, then we can help further

Bronya has already asked him about the kernel symbols error and Y2k4uk wants give no information and Nobody will run after him and beg for this information!. ^_^

All kernel programmers help us repeatedly for many years, to resolve the problems on OS X and that without having to get any Cents for her very good Job !!
I am thinking particular to the following: Bronya, Andy Vandijk, Sinitek and Tora Chi Yo, and if Y2k4uk not like want to do, then that's his cause, and I would not like to further talk about it...

Yup, programmers needs a coffee too... :D

Read posts from page 21.  And As spakk said "basically two ports should work", after you install os x and restart - all USB ports will be working. :)

Yes, the problem is i cannot install el capitan without a working mouse 'cause i can't use disk utility

Yes, the problem is i cannot install el capitan without a working mouse 'cause i can't use disk utility

a ) as J0hny has described, it should/ must have working two USB ports on any system, search/ find the two active/ working USB ports, after the graphic appears on your desktop.
b ) otherwise use a USB to PS2 Adapter
c ) or install the USB-Fix driver package, then fix the permissions, then the other USB ports should work.

use another kernel...

Which kernel are you using, at the moment? I have the same problem, just had tested with a new kernel build on my system. then system kills all processes and shut down.

Edited by spakk

use another kernel...

Which kernel are you using, at the moment? I have the same problem, just had tested with a new kernel build on my system. then system kills all processes and shut down.

i am using the one Shaneeee provided in his tutorial

i am using the Shaneeee provided

all kernels should boot with 10.11.3 ,you need to use the correct kernel for your CPU, use last kernel from bronya.

Edit:

is it possibility to connect your HDD at a running system (hackintosh or real mac) to repair the HDD with Disk Utility?

I don't care if Y2k4u wants to help or not, i'm not taking sides in any dispute here,you have to understand that.I just reported a thing which i thought was relevant with your current work on the kernel and asked to review your work in case you missed something.

@Bronya, yes vanilla System.kext prelinks and loads with your latest kernel as all the other kexts i have no error on building kextcache now :) but...

When i press play on VMware i'm getting this

and when i hit ok this

That's what i meant, i'm not taking any symbol error on loading or in terminal the error is inside the application ;)

No, there are no quarrels, here. :) I just wanted to say that I can not change the situation, and my knowledge is incomplete, due to lack of information, :(
In addition, I am very grateful for your detailed test reports and information.
  • Like 1

i am using the one Shaneeee provided in his tutorial

make sure you use the right kernel for your release.  Usually a clean install will be 10.11.  not 10.11.2 or 10.11.3.  make sure you get the 10.11.0r3 kernel if thats the version of el capitan you're using

is it possibility to connect your HDD at a running system (hackintosh or real mac) to repair the HDD with Disk Utility?

Yes,absolutely ! I am doing it all the time with no damage to HDD or anything...

Question: when you say "repair" you mean change the type(os extended,ntfs,fat32), erase it or create partitions?

If that's the case then yes...

make sure you use the right kernel for your release.  Usually a clean install will be 10.11.  not 10.11.2 or 10.11.3.  make sure you get the 10.11.0r3 kernel if thats the version of el capitan you're using

Yesterday i've downloaded the installer from App Store and they say the version is 10.11.3

Can you please give me a link to the  kernel you're refering to?

Yes,absolutely ! I am doing it all the time with no damage to HDD or anything...

Question: when you say "repair" you mean change the type(os extended,ntfs,fat32), erase it or create partitions?

If that's the case then yes...

Yesterday i've downloaded the installer from App Store and they say the version is 10.11.3

Can you please give me a link to the  kernel you're refering to?

No, do not delete or format!
meant only repair the permissions or repair the HDD structure by using Disk Utility.... you've done everything right.

I have a question, the version available from the app store is 10.11.3, is it possible to create an install from this or do i need 10.11?  

with each el capitan version is that possible

• Like 1

ok, i checked and : 

"System Version : 10.11.3"

"Kernel Version : Darwin 15.2"

is there a kernel for 10.11.3 system, cause i can only find kernel for 10.11.2 versions.

anyway i changed the kernel to '10112R2", now installed fine but couldn't boot cause computer automatically restarting

thanks for your help :)