HELP TOPIC - [AMD] OS X El Capitan (10.11)

Duran Keeley

719 posts in this topic

hello can someone help indentify who made this kernel cos i forgot lol

Darwin rictecs-Mac-Pro.local 15.0.0 Darwin Kernel Version 15.0.0: четверг, 10 декабря 2015 г. 13:39:45 (MSK); root:xnu-3247.1.106/BUILD/obj/RELEASE_X86_64 x86_64

thank you

hello can someone help indentify who made this kernel cos i forgot lol

Darwin rictecs-Mac-Pro.local 15.0.0 Darwin Kernel Version 15.0.0: четверг, 10 декабря 2015 г. 13:39:45 (MSK); root:xnu-3247.1.106/BUILD/obj/RELEASE_X86_64 x86_64

thank you

Bronya most likely, his timezone is MSK & also runs his make as root.

• Like 1

Alright well ill upload the extra folder now and have made my signature 

http://workupload.com/file/VapBfvZ

DED

I am not at home, write with my smartphone. But follow this link regarding Asus Motherboard: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/310404-usb-fix-for-el-capitan/page-4?do=findComment&comment=2221824. Your Extra folder I'll check later.

what exactly does not work. if the system should hang, post a picture, any verbal description of the problem, makes little sense. It may be that the error message is almost identical for you, but not for us.

• Like 1

have you tried to install the USB fix for el capitan if not, then follow the instructions: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/files/file/521-usb-fix-for-el-capitan/

Theres a problem there. I dont know what build of el capitan i have-. I think i got it from the app store but i dont know.

If i re download it from the app store will i have the newest build? 

perhaps a problem with the usb installer, due to incomplete content ?, I do not know.

but before you download the app from app store, move or delete the old app from  applications folder, then download the app again, then you have the current version, and build a new USB Installer,

• Like 1

I think that i might have accidentally been using a corrupted installer. Cause since i redownloaded it from the app store im getting a kernel panic instead.

Im going to try and use shaneees default extra folder just to see if it was the installer that was the problem 

I think that i might have accidentally been using a corrupted installer. Cause since i redownloaded it from the app store im getting a kernel panic instead.

Im going to try and use shaneees default extra folder just to see if it was the installer that was the problem 

What's the kernel panic?

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
	<key>CsrActiveConfig</key>
	<string>103</string>
	<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>GUI</key>
	<string>No</string>
	<key>Graphics Mode</key>
	<string>1920x1080x32</string>  <==== edit the resolution !!!
	<key>Kernel Flags</key>
	<string>-v -f GraphicsEnabler=No nv_drive=1 npci=0x3000 usekernelcache=No</string>
	<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
	<string>NO</string>
	<key>USBLegacyOff</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>UsbBusFix</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
</dict>
</plist>

please change your org.chameleon.boot.plist, as the example above, sory earlier not tested

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
	<key>CsrActiveConfig</key>
	<string>103</string>
	<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>GUI</key>
	<string>No</string>
	<key>Graphics Mode</key>
	<string>1920x1080x32</string>  <==== edit the resolution !!!
	<key>Kernel Flags</key>
	<string>-v -f GraphicsEnabler=No nv_drive=1 npci=0x3000 usekernelcache=No</string>
	<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
	<string>NO</string>
	<key>USBLegacyOff</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>UsbBusFix</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
</dict>
</plist>

please change your org.chameleon.boot.plist, as the example above, sory earlier not tested

Will do. Right after i test it with the extra folder on the installer this time

Ok i tested it with what i had before and i can say something was definitely not right about the installer i had before because it hangs at the same thing but there is something vastly different now.

yUfrEQY.jpg

I faced that exact same issue not that long ago, Seemed to be an issue with the 10.11.3/4 installer. Reverted to the 10.11 BaseSystem and it worked just fine.

@duduobicho That is because the FX kernels are in testing.